News:

• May 12, 2024, 11:53:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help this guy out please  (Read 1564 times)

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Help this guy out please
« on: April 13, 2009, 03:17:04 PM »
Thanks so very much. I am now looking for a 77" Ford Trimotor kit made by Scalemaster Models Inc. In fact I'm looking for any of their kits. I also am asking for advice. The Trimotor had corrigated aluminum on the fuselage. Does anyone know how to replicate this look on models? Thanks. Paul Ceselsky. Seikoc(at)msn(dot)com
AMA 12366

Offline Don Curry AMA 267060

• Commander
Re: Help this guy out please
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 03:50:16 PM »
You might try contacting Joe Topper at Proctor Enterprises. He built an r/c scale model of the German trimotor from WW II and had a corrigated surfaces.
Don

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 04:15:04 PM »
I seem to remember a flying Models issue that had a Trimotor on the cover and it was of a scale trimotor and dealt with the corrugated finish. I won't try to guess the year on it mid to late seventies is my best guess.

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 08:11:02 PM »
Fulton Hungerford built a rubber powered Ford Trimotor with corrigated skins that were molded from something fairly common, like nitrate dope, maybe. Probably wouldn't work for a big plane like the kit above, but perhaps if molds could be made, CF Mat and epoxy could work with a vacuum bag system. Howard could do it. PW would build a Junkers Ju 52 and take it to the WC's....   LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 08:26:20 PM »
At least for sport scale a sheet balsa side with the right number of thin strips of balsa glued on should look ok.
Clancy
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Offline Ralph Wenzel (d)

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 09:37:59 PM »
Scalemaster was a smallish company (I think based in NY State) back in the '60s and '70s. Some info suggests that there were two companies with this name, but both in the same area. It's gonna be tough to find kits, although I did locate a few plansets. Try Google . . .

(Too many irons; not enough fire)

Ralph Wenzel
AMA 495785 League City, TX

Offline Don Curry AMA 267060

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 05:04:45 PM »
I soke to Joe at our club meeting and he said his came from a German kit he imported and the corrigation was moulded in fiberglas in a mould.
Don

Offline Ken Deboy

• Commander
    • Silk and Dope
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 12:14:29 PM »
Evergreen Scale Models ( http://www.evergreenscalemodels.com/Sheets.htm ) has styrene simulated corrugated metal sheets in 6x12 or 12x24. The largest size they list would scale to about 1/2" wide rib tops with 1-1/2" spacing.

cheers,
Ken
There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here