News:

• May 28, 2024, 12:39:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ATTN: Canton, Georgia Stunt Contest is definitely still on.  (Read 456 times)

Offline Jim Catevenis

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
ATTN: Canton, Georgia Stunt Contest is definitely still on.
« on: August 19, 2020, 09:03:33 AM »
This is to advise everyone that the Canton, Georgia Stunt Contest is definitely still on.

The field will be open for practice at 11:00 AM on Friday, August 21st.

It is too late to order food for Saturday night come but come join us, play with your toys and visit with your friends.  See you Friday.

August 19, 2020
Doug Patterson
Tom Dixon   
JCAT

Offline Gene Martine

• 2019 supporter
  • Commander
  • Started flying 1952 (AMA 2903)
Re: ATTN: Canton, Georgia Stunt Contest is definitely still on.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 02:30:37 PM »
  :( :( :( :(
 Can't make it this year, maybe next.
 Gene

Offline TDM

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 05:24:29 PM »
The Canton Georgia contest was here and now it is over. The turn out was higher than the previous years despite some regulars not coming due to whatever the reason. It was very nice too see friends, as well as meet new modelers. Saturday and Sunday weather was a little tricky with virtually no wind that was changing directions. What better way to finish the day Saturday and unwind other than having dinner served at the pavilion with live music and the company of the fellow modelers with their kids and significant other.
Each goal you meet is a moment of happiness
Happiness is the harmony between what you think and what you do. Mahatma Gandhi

Offline JHildreth

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 06:03:01 PM »
Just curious.  I saw today's results.  The two scores were averaged in Advanced, but the single high score was used in all other classes.  Why was the Advanced scores averaged?

Joe

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 06:39:39 PM »
where did u see the results
rad racer

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 10:57:04 PM »
    The reason for both PA ADVANCE rounds being counted was some fliers needed to leave to get back to their hurricane threatened states and we were being threatened by thunder storms ourselves. One of our judges, Wayne Smith, suggested doing the second round of Advance on the unused circle with another set of judges while our other pair of judges continued with second round of Intermediate. The Advance fliers agreed, so that's how it came to be. It probably saved about 40 minutes. The storm cell did not end up affecting us, so we were able to finish and get everything picked up.
    I would like to thank all of the people that helped us with setting up and breaking down equipment and keeping things going they were :
          * The Smith bros (Jim and Wayne), and Kathy Smith, Don Main, John Main, and Don's son, Jim Pearson, Richard Schneider, Tom Dixon, Bill Gray, Becky Dixon, Sheila Cranfill, Don Cranfill, Traian Moransanu, Bob Zambelli, Brent Rogillio, Dr. Randy Birt,  Mike Lindler, LeRoy Polk, and Kathleen Patterson.
   Kathleen and I really enjoyed being a part of this contest. We have some really great people who really enjoy these get togethers and we enjoyed having them.
     I think Mr. Joe Hildreth received a pic of the scoreboard sent to his phone. If someone has not posted scoreboard pics by tomorrow we will do it on Tues. along with other pics. Thanks,
                                           Doug

« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 04:22:57 PM by Joseph Patterson »

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 10:45:42 AM »
Just curious.  I saw today's results.  The two scores were averaged in Advanced, but the single high score was used in all other classes.  Why was the Advanced scores averaged?

Joe
It didn't work out too well for me.  LL~ LL~ but we all agreed to it to move the contest along faster. It was a great weekend with a fairly large turnout and lots of kids flying. Put this one on your schedule for next year, its a very well run contest.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 04:16:41 PM »
        Mike I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you. I appreciate your great sportsmanship, especially since the expected coming storm didn't materialize. However, your first round flight was super exceptional. It was some very aggressive flying on the maneuvers requiring such action. Your round horz. and sq. horizontal 8's were truly rule book with still great shapes. I was very impressed. Also, Sammy is really improving. He should be in the hunt at the NAT'S next year. I always enjoy watching how you and Sammy have a good ole time at contests.
        Doug

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2020, 05:00:43 PM »
        Mike I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you. I appreciate your great sportsmanship, especially since the expected coming storm didn't materialize. However, your first round flight was super exceptional. It was some very aggressive flying on the maneuvers requiring such action. Your round horz. and sq. horizontal 8's were truly rule book with still great shapes. I was very impressed. Also, Sammy is really improving. He should be in the hunt at the NAT'S next year. I always enjoy watching how you and Sammy have a good ole time at contests.
        Doug
It's no big deal, I'm happy to honor requests from the CD on the fly to help the contest run efficiently and move along. Thanks for the kind words. We'll be back next year.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here