News:

• May 12, 2024, 07:14:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Goal for the Season  (Read 606 times)

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Goal for the Season
« on: February 11, 2019, 04:55:41 PM »
Not having flown for a while, my goal for the season:  Enter one contest and get pattern points.

Peter

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
Re: Goal for the Season
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 05:56:10 PM »
My goals are to continue to improve every aspect of the pattern in hopes to get close to (or over) 500pts in advanced at the NW Regionals this time. (if I can attend this year)

At the NWR 2018, advanced was judged by two world champs (PW and DF), so I felt very satisfied with the scores I received.  Those scores were a good indicator of my skill level for my first contest.  I'll have a great time flying regardless of the score, but a significant improvement would be icing on the cake.  This time my equipment will be better sorted.  I anticipate doing much better this time.

I practiced a lot last year following the NWR.  I tried to implement the coaching I received by the great people at the contest and my local mentors, so I hope at least a portion of that practice and advice has stuck after this winter break.  We shall find out in a month or so.

Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 05:59:40 PM »
My goal is to win atleast event wether OS profile, classic, or PA... in Advanced.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 08:34:56 PM »
My goal is to fly as much as possible, get the pattern down, and fly my first contest at the NWR, where I'm assured of cheating someone out of last place. Lol.   Also entering 1/2A scale.   My PT-26 isn't going to make it. Just not enough time to finish it the way I want.

Gary
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 09:29:29 PM »
This old man would love to attend and participate in more than one contest this year.    D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 09:45:25 PM »
This old man would love to attend and participate in more than one contest this year.    D>K
Better keep ya schedule  open for Tulsa in September!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here