News:

• April 24, 2024, 12:39:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kit Collectors  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Kit Collectors
« on: April 14, 2022, 07:21:16 PM »
I want somebody to explain the rational behind collecting balsa wood model airplane kits whether they be CL, RC or FF.  I just do not understand buying a kit with the intentions of putting it on a shelf somewhere and never building it.  So you collect, in some cases, hundreds of these things, die and then your wife or family has to decide what to do with them and I am sure many end up in a dumpster somewhere.  The ones who really kill me are the sharks on ebay.  They use words like "rare", "scarce" and my favorite one of all..."vintage."  These keywords are code for "bendover." I dont think most of them have any idea what they are selling. 

I am not a collector but I have 6 unbuilt kits in my closet and I have no idea if or when I will every get around to building them.  Over the years, i have probably given away scores of fully built models I never flew and that many or more kits that I knew I would never build simply because I did not want my wife or family to deal with the hassle of disposing of them.

I certainly understand the joy or building and/or flying, but putting them on a shelf forever, not so much.

Anyway, if anyone on here is a collector, please help me understand the rational of doing so.

Mike

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Kit Collectors
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 09:48:37 PM »
Well, because I can and have always wanted a particular kit, now I have it.  I do build them using the original as a pattern, thus my 1949 Chief, poly wog ribs and all, I used a Veco .35, Veco prop., Veco controls, Veco wheels, and a Veco 21T tank. Randolph paint.  I also have a Guillows Barnstormer Mark 1 and a Mark 2.  A Half Fast 3, 1949 Veco Chief,  Original SIG Chipmunk, and a Berkeley Bear Cat and many free flight kits, some of which I have sold or given away to club members.  I have 12 other CLPA kits to build, not collect. Can't help it, I need help??? LL~ LL~ LL~

Just owning a particular rare kit is sort of soothing. I have one, you don't Neener, neener. LL~ LL~ LL~

Now that, gave me a good belly laugh TY....

Mike

Offline qaz049

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 10:30:16 PM »
I understand that the value of this particular Revell Plastic ship kit has gone through the roof recently.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 10:34:01 PM »
   I collect kits just to have them! And like Ty mentions, if I want to build THAT kit, or THIS kit, I have it to build it and don't have to worry about finding it. I bought the overwhelming majority of what I have for pennies on the dollar compared to "collector or modern prices. I have collected just about all the kits I ever lusted for as a kid, plus some others, free flight, control line, R/C and plastic included. I came from what some might call a poor family, with 9 kids being raised by a single, widowed mother, and not much money to throw around, but I managed to have some fun. When I got to a point in life where I could earn a living and have expendable income, I took advantage of every deal I could grab on something that was on my pretty long list. I tried to spend smart money, which I earned working two and sometimes three jobs. When you have an elusive kit in your possession, it is kind of comforting. It is also a piece of history. I collect kits not to speculate on them increasing in value, because I don't believe the will at this point and I new this pint was coming someday. I collect them because they are COOL! I The value that some of these kits achieved is kind of a false narrative anyway. Take the Flight Streak by Top Flite for example. How may of those do you think that Top Flite produced, in a time period where maybe 8 or 10 times the number of active fliers existed in this country?? Brodak produced the same kit as the lightning Streak, and then when Top Flite was sold was able to change the name to Flight Streak because the rights reverted back to George Aldrich. They probably out produced Brodak 8 to 1 on them, I would bet. The original Ringmaster was the most produced kit in history, or was at one time and numbered in the millions over it's entire run, and how many do you think are still sitting on a shelf somewhere?   One thing I saw as a trend in all of this was that a lot of guys bought and stored kits for "some day" when time, money and skill caught up to them and they thought they could do it justice. I know MANY a green box Nobler got put away so that the buyer could "take his time and do it right" some day. I know because I was one of those guys also, but just kept at it and bought more than I could build when job requirements got more demanding. Now that retirement is here, I have everything I need including glue, with a pretty good stash of Ambroid in the cupboard also!. I know I won't be able to build them all, but I don't care, as long as I knw I have that Veco Brave or that REAL Top Flight Flight Steak , or Sterling two to a box Peanut Scale kit when the urge hits. I'm the same way with my library and magazine collection. I find the history of model airplanes in general as interesting as anything else related to it, and all these kits, books and magazines are my link to the history of it and my archive. It's kind of funny, that when I was working with my financial advisor she asked me about planning retirement money for hobbies and such. She said there are lots of people that retire, then pick a hobby and go hog wild on it and over spend, and then can't recoup the money on used stuff. I told her don't worry about that, I was taking care of that in real time and at pennies on the dollar, knowing that NOTHING ever gets cheaper, and gave her an insight into what I have collected over the years. And we haven't even mentioned my vintage dirt bike collection! So, I have what I needed to play with in retirement, I just needed to keep a roof over my head, food on the table, and clothes on my back. The rest was covered! Sean asked me one time what he wanted me to do it all when my time comes, and I encouraged him too try and keep all of it, because he will never be able to duplicate what I have collected, simply because he won't be able to find it all. Even at his age now he may not quite understand the history I have collected. I don't care or have any interest in what it all may be worth, because to me it's priceless. It's party of who I am and what I wanted to be as a kid growing up. Some one who was deeply involved in model aviation and was relatively successful at it in several different disciplines, and have trophies from all of them to acknowledge that success.  If I had to do it all again, I probably wouldn't change a thing,  except for maybe trying for a little bigger house!
   Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 10:53:55 PM »
I really hope we can keep this thread going because I find it fascinating reading the reasons people collect kits. 

Mike

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 11:58:44 PM »
Just to play devil's advocate - why does a collector need a reason?  I have enough trouble figuring out why I do things, can't spend the effort figuring out why my neighbor does "his thing".

Why does anyone collect stamps?  Coins?  NASCAR models?  Lionel trains?  The Japanese coins they recovered at the end of WWII?  Airliner models, or models of WWII Navy bombers?

I kinda like having an F4U Corsair, F-86 Sabre, F9F Panther hanging from the ceiling.  OK, that spells out the time frame in which my eyes were drawn to the sky - but PLEASE, don't ask me why!

8)
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Rusty

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 01:30:02 AM »
I don't know how many kits I have.   I think around 50.   I got them because it would have been stupid not to get them. (Or accept them. )   Many were given to me.   I got them going back to 60s control line, rc, free flight and plastic.   

The issue is moving planes you have enjoyed for years so you can build more.  I have a log jam of flying planes.  No room left.   All nitro.   Nitro is pretty much dead in rc.   I love nitro and will never quit nitro.   No noise or castor smell just don't do it.

I need to start selling them but how?  Shipping a kit is barely or not worth it now. 

I have, I guess 250 engines.

How do I sell them now because of Biden?  A 1099, CPA expenses, book keeping and more IRS forms.   

Sadly the dumpster is a possibility.   

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2022, 05:18:59 AM »
When my birthday or Christmas came around I was never the one that my family or friends wondered about "oh dear, what should we get him?"

Easy!!  "Buy him a control line stunt ship kit!"

The problem is I am a terribly slow builder (I suppose because I enjoy building so much - if you don't understand the apeal of building slow ask yourself if you would rather have fast sex or slow sex... ;D)  So I only build a plane a year.  And, if I get 2 kits a year..... y1

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2022, 08:07:35 AM »
I think Dan has pretty well summed it up for me at one time in my life.   But most of the magazines I had were destroyed by a flooded basement, lost a couple of kits and planes also.  So now it is to get a kit I've always wanted and some have been built.  Engines I bid on if I see a low bid or no bid.  Fun getting engines to run that the person did not know how to take care of them.  I figure the family will sell what they can or give away such stuff like the ready to fly planes. But if they decide the dumpster is their way of getting rid of it so be it.  As some asked and made statements about what happens when we take our last breath and the body taken care fo.  I have stated cremation for me as it is not expensive if done right.  But I try to thank my LORD for every day I get to see my kids, grand kids and great gran kids. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Rusty

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2022, 08:52:27 AM »
" But I try to thank my LORD for every day I get to see my kids, grand kids and great gran kids. D>K"

I hear that.  I have beat death twice now.   I had prostate cancer and a 90% blocked LAD artery, but got treated quick enough to beat death.
Being alive and well is a blessing. 

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2022, 10:37:06 AM »
I think the answer I am hearing to my original question is simple:  It makes you happy and that is the best reason I can possibly think of.

Mike

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2022, 10:52:31 AM »
I think the answer I am hearing to my original question is simple:  It makes you happy and that is the best reason I can possibly think of.

Mike

It's more fun and cheaper than a drug habit! In my original post, I forgot to mention my plans collection. Flat file cabinets, 38" by 48" (I think) drawers, 2" deep, 4 drawers per cabinet stacked 4 cabinets high. I have one more cabinet I could add tyo the stack if I could find another place to stack the boxed Cox models and free flight kits that are holding the cabinets down. That's where the part about a larger house comes in!

Type at you later and HAPPY EASTER!
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2022, 10:53:22 AM »
In 1957-8-9 I worked at Capeway Hobby shop in Weymouth mass. I gentleman came in once a month and purchased a Eureka scale kit. Every month!!! I believe he purchased 2 B36 kits at $34.95. I asked him why and he said retirement. Good thought.

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2022, 10:57:38 AM »
I guess some kit collectors might think that "old" means good.  Actually, most old model kits had poor wood, printed sheets of balsa instead of the recent Laser-cut parts.  Or else the kits contained "die smashed" parts, which were useless, except to use as templates to make new parts.  The advent of E-Bay has shown that some things like old engines, Froom spinners, and such, command outrageous prices from collectors.

Some other reasons suggested here, make no sense to me.  Nostalgia only goes so far, then it becomes an exercise in futility.

I have always avoided kits simply because I I have better ideas, leading me to design my own models.
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Joe Ed Pederson

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2022, 12:32:00 PM »
I didn't set out to collect control line stunt kits.   I bought a few, but mostly people just keep giving them to me.  I don't have that many kits, seven of them I think, but still it would take me several years to build them all.  On top of the kits, I enjoy building from plans.  I have easily more "wanna builds" than I have time for.  Thankfully I enjoy building as much or more than flying.

Some of the kits [and engines, and stuff] came from people who aged out and just can't spin around anymore without falling down, and some came from estates.  What happened at our club's contest a couple of years ago will likely become more and more common.  The daughter of a deceased club member brought all her Dad's control line stuff and simply gave it away.  She wouldn't take any money for it.  We had a son bring in his father's stuff to a club contest last year.  His dad's stash was much smaller and he was willing to take a little money for the model I bought.  The point is I wouldn't be surprised to have someone's estate show up at our contest every year from now on.

Since the number of people flying control line has greatly diminished since we were young (I'm 68) I can picture it getting harder and harder to find someone to sell your stuff to (or to whom your heirs could sell the stuff) because just about everyone still interested in control line has been given more kits, engines, etc. than they can ever use or it's stuff they wouldn't use anymore anyway (e.g. IC engines and their attendant support equipment, steel lines, electric starters, etc.).

Anyway, I'm going to enjoy building and flying control line until I can't spin around without falling down.  And In a couple of years I'm going to retire, retire, retire [I've already retired from the US Army twice] and have more time to build, fly, and go to contests.  Hope to see you there.

Joe Ed Pederson
Cuba, MO
Lafayette Escadrille, St. Louis, MO

Offline Rusty

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2022, 01:46:05 PM »
Joe, the same here.   2 months ago a club member died and his wife opened the house for any club member to take whatever they wanted.  I got several kits and engines there.   I got that many because nobody in the club builds but me.   Then last year a friend died and his wife sold me dirt cheap (she set the price, not me) a ton of kits, engines and flying planes.  I gave a lot of that to the hobby shop and they sold it.   

I had a flying friend give me ALL his stuff because he couldn't use it anymore.   Another gave me all his plans and short kits because he was not going to get to them.   Some of the plans were designed and drawn by his brother for Carl Goldberg.  They are signed by Bill Proffit. 

One time I went to Goodwill and there was a large box of brand new Enya engine parts for 20.00.  The store didn't even know what they were as someone dropped them off with clothes, shoes, etc from the deceased.   

Just last weenend my neighbor and flying friend's wife had a sale of his planes and drones.   Not much was sold.  I don't know what to tell her on how to move the stuff as nobody wants it.   

Then last month one of the hobby shops I went to closed for good.  BT Hobby in Sebastian is gone.   

I think we are seeing the end of an era.   Sad, because model building and flying has been my LIFE.  It was a good life too.

Offline De Hill

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2022, 02:30:46 PM »
I have a closet and a garage  shelf full of old kits, A lot of the kits are from 1945-1950 . Many have flat bottomed airfoils.

Why did I collect these?

I don't know.

I have a lot of very rare stuff, but just because it's rare does not mean it has great value.
De Hill

Online wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2022, 09:48:20 PM »
 This question is kind of like asking why do you participate in the C/L hobby instead of knitting or square dancing or. showing dogs or...? It's simply because it's what interests you and what you enjoy. It's what is otherwise known as a "hobby".
 It's not huge compared to some but I've got a pretty decent collection of cool and desirable vintage C/L kits. I also have my planned engines NIB, necessary accessories and finish products on hand to complete 90% of them. Not that I wouldn't love to, but most of them I know I'll never get a chance to build. Some of these kits (and engines) were wanted badly as a youth but I couldn't afford them, all I could do then was salivate over them in the magazines. Having them today is a mental satisfaction I guess, fulfilling that desire and reliving that youth. There's a bit in the pride of ownership too, even if it only matters to ME, which is all that matters, really. Focusing on any one of them and visually imagining how you would build and finish it to your tastes helps keep the mind inspired. All with that simply relaxing and looking them over at times takes my mind off things and makes me smile inside, all the reason I need, or should anyone.
 I also own and drive a couple old Hot Rod cars, am down to just a couple motorcycles, am a life long full scale WWII Warbird addict and drag race enthusiast and more, for all the same reasons, it's what I enjoy.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 10:10:10 PM by wwwarbird »
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2022, 07:48:52 AM »
I understand that the value of this particular Revell Plastic ship kit has gone through the roof recently.

It is now offered in the submarine section.

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2022, 08:40:40 AM »
Well it's reality Vs fantasy right? If you have the kit/engine then somehow you're in the game. In your head you've built the plane and flown it to a world championship or you will someday.

It's your hoard, it's something you can control, your self identity, your rock of Gibraltar. In reality just a dusty pile of junk with mice and bugs crawling through it. Even if it's good stuff, what do you do with it beyond the fantasy world?

I break it up into 4 categories. Stuff I'm keeping (that I'm definitely going to do something with). Stuff I'm selling (doesn't bring much and shipping is through the roof). Stuff I'm giving away (nobody to give it to) and, stuff I'm throwing away (hard to do).

Now here's the thing. You have to balance all that against time, effort and money so eventually it all swirls down to stuff you're throwing away. It's heart breaking to dump good stuff that has memories so you shy away from the job and it piles up.

I'm trying to clean out my basement now and I'll tell you, you have to be in a certain mood for it.

That's my take on it.
Motorman 8)

Offline Wayne Collier

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2022, 09:50:23 AM »
I wouldn’t really call myself a collector of model airplanes. My stash is a lot smaller than some. I have accumulated a number of “projects”.  I had every intention of building and flying most of the CL and free flight kits that I have. Then my health decayed. I sold a few items. I hope I get better but right now I can’t even pack and ship some items that I would be willing to sell. If I do get better, I need to thin the pile, but it will be with mixed feelings. Not so much because of letting go of the items but because of letting go of the dreams attached to them.

Wayne Collier     Northeast Texas
<><

never confuse patience with slowness never confuse motion with progress

Offline 944_Jim

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2022, 10:06:52 AM »
I'll jump in...cruising through mi-50's/mid-life crisis. Cox RTF planes  bought on the cheap for Christmas at the Kenmore Square Sears Basement clearance store in Boston during the very early 70's (thanks Mom!).
A few years later graduated to a Golden Bee on a StuntMan 23 first, and then a Lil Satan. Oh, the smell of nitro fuel!

Then life/shift from child-to-adult happened.

Fast forward to 2016, and convalescing from back surgery. My boys were spending too much time on tablets. I kept trying to woo them away with the artifacts of my youth (actually, the very toys I played with). My AFX slotcars, N-scale railroad, model rockets, and finally my Cox engines and DPC Models Scientific clones. All of it was experienced. None of it took with them. However, flying in the circle and smelling that nitro/castor exhaust snatched me back almost 40 years!
Now I have a bit of disposable income, so I buy what fits the model room. My 5.5x16 room has already become filled with too much. And, as I watch what is happening with "the collections" of the previous generation, I have stopped collecting with a stash of kits and plans that I hope to enjoy building and flying for many years to come. Fortunately, the size of the room has tempered my search for kits and plans. So why do I do it? Because I enjoy small flying art and the building of said art, and now I can afford those things my family and I couldn't as a kid. And, it makes me feel young.again, even if only for 2-6 minutes at a time!

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2022, 10:47:07 AM »
Guys, this is really good stuff.  I am really enjoying reading all these posts.  I posed a simple question and the answers are varied but seem to have one theme in common, it leads to what makes us happy.  The fact that many say they know they will never be able to build or use all they have collected but it makes them feel good just to know they possess it,  to me in itself is fascinating.

Mike

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2022, 08:41:32 AM »
I have a few hundred kits, plastic and flying models. My intention was to build them but after a while I saw that I will not probably accomplish that task. I still buy them, build them, some though I look at. I was given one on promise to build and fly it and am half done but so many things going on in life slows the process! I have an engine collection too, quite as accidental as the kits. The idea was to have enough to fly events, power the models I have, etc. It gets out of hand. Then there are the multiples, just because I like those kits and want to build them in different schemes, plus I like the kit for itself and see the box and contents as pleasing to me.
I have sports cars, single seat biplanes and other hobbies too, so I guess I'm either like everyone else, or a weirdo. Depends on the point of view I guess.
Chris...

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2022, 02:46:01 PM »
I have no kit stash except for one or two. I have almost always built from plans and used my own wood. My excess is old engines. I have some absolutely pristine Anderson Spitfires, Super Cyclones, Ohlssons, a Forster early design 29, Orwick 64, and a couple of Atwood Super Champions. I have flown everyone of them either in old Free Fights with a radio, or in control line planes.

I also have one of the original OS FS 60 open rocker four strokes. I have to many glow engines and give away a few to my great grand kids. They seem to treasure them.

I have around 23 planes in my basement ready to fly, but do not know of anyone who besides me would want them. So, I still run many of my engines on the test stand I built years ago.

What surprised me when I was buying engines is that many old engines I got had never been run. Two Anderson Spitfires I had to break in. Two Ohlsson 23 side ports had never been run. Two Super Cyclones had never been run. I can only assume that these came from collectors who had had them for years. Most were purchased from widows who were selling their husband engine collection.

I still get the urge to buy another engine when they come up, but have resisted for over five years. I enjoy the ones I have and do not really need any more.

I am an engine nut. I admit it. Foxes to numerous to count. Two Fox 59's. My first introduction to control line was in the mid forties. All ignition. I have had a thing for them ever since. They are just super cool.

Why do some people love one thing that others could care less about. I have no idea except I believe we are born with certain desires. Some love sports. Some love art. I have almost always had one motorcycle since I was 14. A 1942 Harley Flat Head 45. Wish I had never sold that one.

I also have a love of guitars, but only have two.
Jim Kraft

Offline mccoy40

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2022, 05:57:42 PM »
I want somebody to explain the rational behind collecting balsa wood model airplane kits whether they be CL, RC or FF.  I just do not understand buying a kit with the intentions of putting it on a shelf somewhere and never building it.  So you collect, in some cases, hundreds of these things, die and then your wife or family has to decide what to do with them and I am sure many end up in a dumpster somewhere.  T
Mike

Because I can.   <=   And I also like it. I see value in an OLD Clunker of a control plane and take it home to fix it up. I've got about twelve of those now.  n~

I also make my own from plans or whatever I dream up.  :!   I've built about 4 cardinal wings from the Cardinal kit I have, One will be a Crusader, the other an AT-6, etc   S?P

PLUS

I've left instructions to my wife and kids to sell everything I have either here or on RC groups.   H^^

Mike, I think I bought a bunch of kits from you so your the supplier and I'm addicted.  (just kidding)

All you guys who are being given stuff, Where do you live?!! I need to move right down the street from you guys
Joseph Meyer
Philadelphia, PA

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2022, 07:28:21 AM »
 Over 72 years in the hobby and never collected kits or engines. Very early years were kits but started to build from  plans and started to put my own motors together from  parts as needed. Built my last motor three years ago ,ST/46 from parts.
EddyR
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline mccoy40

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2022, 08:55:52 AM »
Eddy R,

WOW! that is what I strive to be. 

But if I see some hobby shop has a Banshee kit for 35.00 dollars I'll still buy it.
Joseph Meyer
Philadelphia, PA

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2022, 11:11:49 AM »
Im 37 yrs old..    have years before Im able to tackle all the kits i have. So ill continue to hoard kits

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Doug Moisuk

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2022, 12:56:25 PM »
Remember we are all a little crazy. But it’s not a contest. 😈😈
Doug Moisuk
MAAC 3360L

Offline cory colquhoun

• Commander
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2022, 03:53:24 AM »
I’m still a few years off retirement, I’m very busy with work and family commitments but I really love control line, I think about it every day, I’m slowly accumulating engines, kits and accessories so when I retire I will have a shed full of kits I can build and fly as much as possible .
This is my reason for hoarding!

Cory

Offline michaely

• New Pilot
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2022, 05:37:42 PM »
"Rosebud" (smiley)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here