News:

• March 28, 2024, 01:17:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: King Orange International Update 12-5-2017  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Gene Martine

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • Started flying 1952 (AMA 2903)
King Orange International Update 12-5-2017
« on: December 05, 2017, 03:30:17 PM »
  #^ #^ #^ #^
 The KOI is ready for this weekend. The weather calls for low 30's in the early morning but, warming up to the mid 50's.
 Circles were mowed today & some of the major stuff has been done. We are way ahead of schedule.
 While going to the field today I noticed the the city changed the name of the road that the field is located on. It was changed from Camp Tracy Rd. to Harvest Lane.
 Please make note.
 See you all in a couple of days. Have a safe trip.
 Gene
 904-786-8650
   y1 y1 y1 y1
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 05:25:49 PM by Gene Martine »

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: King Orange International Update 12-5-2017
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 06:17:16 PM »
We made it to the field today around 1 pm, the field looks great, the grass is well groomed, very level and very well suited for our events.

The field is more open and less prone to turbulence than the other sites, with the exception of whitehouse .

Light Rain arrived about the same time as we did and we headed to town for a good meal and a trip into town for some Pool Party supplies .

Rain Storm  with lightning arrived around dark, better weather for tomorrow , OTS, n 30 , and profile on the schedule .

Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline Jim Mynes

• Commander
  • Chelsea, ME
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 04:36:22 PM »
Several people came over to my camper to offer advice and encouragement as I was pulling the rope on my generator. I appreciate the suggestions and offers of help, but in the end I could have pulled until my arm fell off and it wasn’t going to run.
For those of you who weren’t there, I have two small Hondas and parallel them to power up my camper. One of the Hondas quit, just stopped, and wouldn’t do more than sputter a couple of times. Eventually it wouldn’t even sputter. We quickly determined there was no spark, and got by on one generator for the weekend.
There are about five simple things on these machines that can cause no spark, and when I got home I checked and double checked the simple things to no avail. After much testing with the multimeter and service manual I ordered some parts.
Today the stator and wiring harness arrived via the big brown truck. After putting the 3D jigsaw puzzle back together I gassed it up, choked and pulled. After about seven pulls it fired up.
Music to my ears.
I have seen the light, and it’s powered by a lipo.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 10:29:42 AM »
Yeah, they never fail when you are at home.   Glad you have it working now. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Garf

• Admiral
    • Hangar Flying
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 02:48:06 PM »
Several people came over to my camper to offer advice and encouragement as I was pulling the rope on my generator. I appreciate the suggestions and offers of help, but in the end I could have pulled until my arm fell off and it wasn’t going to run.
For those of you who weren’t there, I have two small Hondas and parallel them to power up my camper. One of the Hondas quit, just stopped, and wouldn’t do more than sputter a couple of times. Eventually it wouldn’t even sputter. We quickly determined there was no spark, and got by on one generator for the weekend.
There are about five simple things on these machines that can cause no spark, and when I got home I checked and double checked the simple things to no avail. After much testing with the multimeter and service manual I ordered some parts.
Today the stator and wiring harness arrived via the big brown truck. After putting the 3D jigsaw puzzle back together I gassed it up, choked and pulled. After about seven pulls it fired up.
Music to my ears.
The only thing I have ever had trouble with on the Honda motors, is allowing fuel in the fuel bowl to dry up. This stops up the fuel jet.

Offline Jim Mynes

• Commander
  • Chelsea, ME
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 04:29:17 PM »
The only thing I have ever had trouble with on the Honda motors, is allowing fuel in the fuel bowl to dry up. This stops up the fuel jet.

Yes the fuel gumming is a well known issue. Running non-ethanol fuel helps, if you can find it. Luckily there are plenty of boaters around here, and several places sell ethanol free gasoline to cater to them. Another option is aviation fuel, but that’s usually high octane and high dollar.

Offline Jim Mynes

• Commander
  • Chelsea, ME
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 04:30:43 PM »
Yeah, they never fail when you are at home.   Glad you have it working now. H^^

And on the bright side, the warranty ran out in November.

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 07:32:27 PM »
Well looking at the temps in Glenn St Mary it seems that the moving KOI from this weekend to Dec 5 was a good move. Temps near 30 deg.

Best,   DennisT

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here