News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:18:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just before the snow flies contest... is on!  (Read 7555 times)

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Just before the snow flies contest... is on!
« on: September 30, 2019, 08:45:47 AM »
How many East Coasters would be interested in one more Stunt contest at the end of October?

I have recently gained access to a beautiful - and wide open - RC field here in the Lehigh Valley (think Easton/Allentown area). My thought is to quickly put together a Stunt contest to be held on this facility. My question is, how many would commit to coming that late in the season? Unless I can get a quick and adequate head count estimate, this contest will not happen. So, please chime in here if you can make it, and want to make it.

My target date is Saturday, October 26 (the day before my birthday! No, you don't have to bring a present...), with a rain/snow date of Saturday, November 2nd.

The events will be PAMPA Stunt classes, and perhaps Old Time and Classic if we can get enough advanced entries to make that viable. Or, would most prefer to have Profile instead of OTS and Classic. I'm open to suggestions, but need to have some very quick feedback as there is little time to put this all together.

The field is grass and is extremely well maintained, and there are no obstructions anywhere around it that would cause turbulence. I know we can fit 3 circles in, and possibly 4. I would like to keep one circle open for practice all day, so a head count of probables will help me determine what and how many events can be contested.

Please call me if you can commit to coming to this event. My number is 610-746-0106, and my email address is robinunt@rcn.com.

Thanks - Bob Hunt
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 02:12:44 PM by Bob Hunt »

Offline Joseph Daly

• 2016 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Just before the snow flies contest...maybe
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 12:08:18 PM »
Bob,

I am in!!!!

Joe

Offline Jim Damerell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 12:24:10 PM »
Sounds good to me! Vote for Profile.

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 12:30:34 PM »
Join us in Huntersville NC and make it an even bigger turnout. Great contest if you've never been. 3rd weekend in Oct.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 01:33:32 PM »
Okay, lots has happened over the course of the day. Big news is, IT"S ON!

I will shortly get the directions to the field and post them.

The official name of the contest is "Just before the snow flies Stunt Championships" The date of the contest is October 26. The field will be open all day on Friday before the contest (October 25) for practice. Mufflers are required for glow engines. There is electricity available and there are charging stations for the electric fliers. There is a pavilion on the field and there will be food available cooked on site on contest day. There is a porta potty... If you would like to come in a self contained camper, you can camp on the site at no charge. There are a number of motels in the area and I will be posting the numbers of the closest ones here soon.

My plan is to have a pizza party at my home (which is 10 minutes from the field) on Friday evening (Need to clear this with Marianne first...). Hope you like crazy dogs, because my Golden Retriever, Casey is one friendly and active pup; and she loves pizza! Also my shop will be available on Friday evening for any repairs that are necessary after Friday's practice.

I will be the CD, and I do not intend to fly in the contest.

More info: There will be no appearance points, but there will be a concours award voted on by the competitors.

Any type of flying lines that are approved by the AMA General Rules are acceptable; this includes the Spectra type lines. There will be a pull test and the models will be weighed.

There will be more as we progress. I know this is very short notice, but I'm hoping for a really big turnout to show the host RC club (Lehigh Valley Radio Control Society) that CL is still very viable. My plan is to have at least one contest on this site each year, and maybe more.

Again, my number is 610-746-0106 and my email address is robinhunt@rcn.com in case you have questions.

Hope to see you there! - Bob Hunt
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 03:05:33 PM by Bob Hunt »

Offline Jim Mynes

• Commander
  • Chelsea, ME
Re: Just before the snow flies contest... is on!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 04:40:52 PM »
Rats! I’m going to be in South Carolina waiting between the Huntersville and Palmetto contests.
I’ll look forward to this next year!
I have seen the light, and it’s powered by a lipo.

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 05:15:31 PM »
Ill be there!

Tom
AMA 13001

Offline Lyle Spiegel

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 06:32:31 PM »
It is on my calender. Timing couldn't be better, since Friday 25th Mayflower truck is coming to move me out of NY and relocate me to Hamburg, which is only a 30 mi drive to Allentown! What a great way to kick start my new life in Pa - go flying! See ya soon!
Lyle Spiegel AMA 19775

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 07:06:06 PM »
I had to make a decision quickly in order to get the sanction from AMA on time. Drum roll here please... The extra event will be Profile Stunt. I made that decision mainly because almost everyone has a profile model hanging around, and also because the judging is basically the same as that for regular Stunt. In Old Time the scoring can be confusing (it was a bit for me this past weekend in Virginia...), and I'm not sure yet who will be my judges. I don't want to confuse them whoever they may be. We'll divide Profile into Intermediate, Advanced, and Expert, however, in order to give everyone a chance. I sure hope we don't get so many that we run out of daylight!

So, the contest menu is: Profile Stunt, Intermediate, Advanced, and Expert. PAMPA Classes, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and Expert. If this runs well this time, we may expand the menu next year and run a contest earlier in the year, as well as the Before the snow flies" event.

Later - Bob Hunt

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2019, 06:43:10 AM »
Here's some more info on the Before the Snow Flies Stunt Championships:

The host club is the Lehigh Valley Radio Control Society (LVRCS). It is one of the oldest RC clubs in the nation! Their website is LVRCS.com, and on that site is an abundance of information, including a site map, directions GPS and DMS coordinates. As you will see from the aerial photo of the site there, it is out in the middle of a very large farmer's field, and there are no obstructions anywhere near the flying site.

Motel info:
I found that there are many motels in the area that are listed on priceline, with prices varying from $58.00 to $150.00 a night. You should be able to find a more than reasonable room by searching for motels in and around Easton, PA. The Travel Inn in Wind Gap (about 20 minuets from the site) has rooms for about $60.00 a night. Not fancy, but close and adequate.

More later - Bob Hunt

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2019, 08:14:16 AM »
Good news: We have just received the approval of our sanction from AMA. The sanction number is 9264.

The rain date is Sunday, October 27 2019 (my birthday!)

Just to clarify, Spectra lines will be allowed as per the Control Line General Rules.

Profile Stunt will be flown in three classes: Intermediate, Advanced, and Expert.

Later - Bob

Offline Mike Ferguson

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2019, 09:41:55 AM »
Well, shoot. I might be closer to that field than you are! I’ll swing by!

Offline rich gorrill

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2019, 01:03:20 PM »
Hi Bob, I am sorry I have to miss this event, leaving for Chicago that morning to visit Grandkids, maybe next year.

Rich Gorrill

Philly Fliers M. A.C.

Offline Chris Cox

• Commander
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2019, 03:44:24 PM »
I’m in!

No,wait, wrong coast.  Well shoot.   

Have a great contest Bob.  Sounds like it will be a lot if fun, provided it doesn’t snow, of course.   

Chris

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2019, 06:20:44 AM »
Hi Motorman:

There really isn't any way to get around Allentown if you are coming via 476. But, at that time of the morning on a Saturday (or even on a Friday if you are coming for the practice day) the traffic isn't terrible.

Later - Bob

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2019, 06:18:24 PM »
This info is on the aforementioned LVRCS website at LVRCS.com:
3140 Gradwohl Switch Road Easton, PA 18045
GPS Coordinates DD:  Lat. 40.7127207  Long. -75.30775619999997
Or DMS:  Lat: N40°42’45.7956”  Long: W75°18’27.921”

I went out to the contest site this morning and determined that we can get 5 circles in safely. That means two practice circles all day for the contest unless the turnout is so high that we need to use one of the practice circles as a contest circle (doubtful...).

If you look on the website under the club info tab, and then the Flying Zone tab you will find an aerial photo that shows just how wide open this field is. It will be my daily practice site from now on. I've never had such a facility at my disposal, and I'm a bit giddy. Why couldn't this have happened 30 years ago? HB~>

Later - Bob Hunt

Offline George Waters

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2019, 06:25:12 PM »
This will be a fun contest. I went down to Bob's today and saw the field. It will be great, four or five  circles depending on turn out. No trees or other things to cause turbulance,and a nice pavilion with charging stations for the electric crowd. I'm looking forward to this event.  George

Offline Mike Ferguson

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2019, 07:02:51 PM »
This info is on the aforementioned LVRCS website at LVRCS.com:
3140 Gradwohl Switch Road Easton, PA 18045

I went out to the contest site this morning and determined that we can get 5 circles in safely. That means two practice circles all day for the contest unless the turnout is so high that we need to use one of the practice circles as a contest circle (doubtful...).

If you look on the website under the club info tab, and then the Flying Zone tab you will find an aerial photo that shows just how wide open this field is. It will be my daily practice site from now on. I've never had such a facility at my disposal, and I'm a bit giddy. Why couldn't this have happened 30 years ago? HB~>

Later - Bob Hunt

Out of curiosity, Bob, would it be possible for other fliers in the area to use this site for practice as well?

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2019, 07:19:50 PM »
Hi Mike:

If you join the club ($50.00 dues per year), you will be able to use the helicopter pad for CL practice when not in use for heli operations. My understanding is that there are not too many heli pilots who use that pad on a regular basis. And, when no one is at the field, members who fly CL will be free to use the main runway for CL operations.

By the way, the president of the LVRCS club is none other than Stan Rauktis, owner of S&W fuels. If you will be attending the contest and want Stan to deliver fuel to you there (avoiding Hazmat charges on shipping), that can be arranged by contacting Stan at S&W. Stan's business number is 610-252-2024, and his website address is s-whobby.com

Later - Bob

Offline Mike Ferguson

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2019, 05:06:44 AM »
Hi Mike:

If you join the club ($50.00 dues per year), you will be able to use the helicopter pad for CL practice when not in use for heli operations. My understanding is that there are not too many heli pilots who use that pad on a regular basis. And, when no one is at the field, members who fly CL will be free to use the main runway for CL operations.

By the way, the president of the LVRCS club is none other than Stan Rauktis, owner of S&W fuels. If you will be attending the contest and want Stan to deliver fuel to you there (avoiding Hazmat charges on shipping), that can be arranged by contacting Stan at S&W. Stan's business number is 610-252-2024, and his website address is s-whobby.com

Later - Bob

Oh wow. Thanks for letting me know. A local flying site, finally! I expect I may see you there on more occasions than just the contest! :)

Offline Chris Fretz

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2019, 06:35:20 AM »
This will be a fun contest. I went down to Bob's today and saw the field. It will be great, four or five  circles depending on turn out. No trees or other things to cause turbulance,and a nice pavilion with charging stations for the electric crowd. I'm looking forward to this event.  George
George bring your A-Game I'll be there!  LL~ Hopefully the whole gang shows up. 

Chris
Formerly known as #Liner
AMA 1104207
Advanced

Offline Tim Stagg

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2019, 09:49:58 AM »
i would be there, and plan to in the future, but I will be In Alabama that weekend. Have fun everyone, sorry I will miss it

Tim
Tim Stagg

Offline George Waters

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2019, 05:04:32 PM »

Chris I will be ready for you I will be in Zachary la the week before and hopefully there fri to practice. See you then.  George

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2019, 06:37:48 PM »
Looks like I can make it! If I can't fly I'll help out.I'll talk it up with the rest of my Philly crew. Yo Fretz and Waters,if my neck is ok you're both going down!!!! Cheers,Skip

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2019, 06:49:40 AM »
Hi Skip:

I'd rather have you there flying, but please come and participate in any capacity; I can always use help on the field.

I'd like to have a rough head count of how many are planning to attend. If you are planning on coming, please either email me at robinhunt@rcn.com, or call me at 610-746-0106. Would also be nice to know how many are planning to come on Friday for the practice day and the pizza party at my house.

Again, there are lots of motels in the Easton PA area, and a quick Google check should yield a reasonable rate.

Also, this field is about a mile west of a really nice hobby shop. In fact, the folks who own Trains n' Lanes hobby shop actually live on the site at which we will be flying. This seems like a good place to mention that there is a very nice gravel road leading from the main road (Gradwohl Switch Road) to the field. That gravel road passes by the owner's farmhouse, and it is posted at a strict 4 MPH speed limit to prevent dust from kicking up. If you are coming, please observe that speed so we don't incur their wrath. This is too good a field to lose!

My shop will be available on Friday evening for any repairs that may be needed after practice.

Later - Bob Hunt

Offline Chris Fretz

• Admiral
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2019, 07:08:40 AM »
Looks like I can make it! If I can't fly I'll help out.I'll talk it up with the rest of my Philly crew. Yo Fretz and Waters,if my neck is ok you're both going down!!!! Cheers,Skip
Alright... now we are taking!  Skip I hope you bring your pins and epoxy cause I'm gonna blow your wings completely off!  ;D I hope you can fly but if not it will be great to see you there!

Formerly
Formerly known as #Liner
AMA 1104207
Advanced

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2019, 06:53:07 PM »
Just bringing this to the top.

I sent out a flyer for the contest to all who were on my email list and in close enough proximity to possibly make the contest. If I missed you, apologies. The text of the flyer is as follows:

LVRCS
Just Before the Snow Flies
C/L Stunt Championships

On Saturday October 26, 2019 the Lehigh Valley Radio Control Society (LVRCS) will host the Just Before the Snow Flies C/L Stunt Championships at their field off of Gradwhol Switch Road in Easton, PA. The field will also be open from 9 AM to 5 PM for practice flying on Friday, October 25th. Please do not run engines before 9AM on the practice day. Mufflers are required for all glow engines. A current AMA license is required.

The events to be flown are: PAMPA classes, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and Expert, and Profile Stunt Intermediate, Advanced, and Expert. Plaques will be awarded to the first three places in each event, and there will be photo participation awards from the host club. There will be a high point award for the winner of the PAMPA class stunt events. The winners of the Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Expert classes will fly one extra flight in front of the same judges who scored their winning flights, and the flier who increases his/her event winning score by the most percentage points will be declared the High Point winner. This award will be known as the Ed Barry Memorial High Point Award and will be a perpetual trophy.

There will be five circles, and at least one of the circles will be available for practice all day during the contest.

The Contest Director is Bob Hunt, and the event’s AMA sanction number is 9264. 

There will be no BOM or appearance points, but there will be a concours award voted on by the competitors. To be eligible to win this award the contestant must have built and finished his/her plane.

Entry fee is $15.00 for one event and $20.00 for two events. Registration closes at 9 AM. Official flying starts at 9:30 AM. No engine running before 9 AM please!

Any type of flying lines that are approved by the AMA General Rules are acceptable; this includes the Spectra type lines. There will be a pull test and the models will be weighed.

The field address is 3140 Gradwohl Switch Road Easton, PA 18045.

You can contact Bob Hunt at 610-746-0106 for further information. Bob’s email address is robinhunt@rcn.com

There will be a pizza party at Bob Hunt’s home on the evening of Friday October 25, and all contestants and their families are invited. Bob’s shop and tools/materials will be available for any needed repairs after the practice day.

Those who have self-contained campers are welcome to stay overnight at the contest site on Friday evening at no charge. There are many restaurants in the area. There are also a number of reasonably priced motels in the area. A  Google search for motels in the Easton, PA area should net a good one close to the contest site.

There will be hot food and cold beverages available on site on contest day. For more information on the club and the site, please visit LVRCS.com.

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2019, 05:18:51 AM »
One thing I forgot to mention on the flyer is that the rain (snow?) date is Sunday, October 27th (My birthday!).

Later - Bob

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2019, 09:47:40 AM »
I rearranged my schedule.  I'm in!
Jim Vigani

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2019, 12:14:22 PM »
That's great news, Jim!

I have some more good news. We have received a lot of really great stuff for the raffle. Tom Morris, Stan Rauktis, and Phil Cartier have kicked in, and my company, Robin's View Productions has donated a complete library of RVP DVDs. That's 22 in total (a nearly $500.00 value...), and also a fully sheeted, Bill Werwage-designed Geo-XL wing with landing gear system installed ($285.00 value). We should have lots more stuff for the raffle very soon.

This is shaping up to be a great contest; hope we get good weather... #^

Bob Hunt

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2019, 07:06:11 AM »
Yeah, I understand that this is an early cut off of registration, but with the days getting so short, and with so many classes to run, we need to get started early. Here's what I'll do. I'll throw a couple of blank slots into the flying orders (which will be picked at the start of the day from a hat), and put them on the score boards to be used by those who show up late. However, if the blank slots come up in the order and there is no one to fill them, then I won't add fliers in as they show up.

In the past I can remember registration ending at 8 AM for most East Coast contests. As the years went by and attendance dwindled, the registration times drifted to later. I'm expecting and hoping for a great turnout for this event and need to get two flights for everyone in a fair manner. Please understand this and just set you alarm clock for one hour earlier. Hey, the contest is on Saturday; you have all day Sunday to rest up!

Later - Bob Hunt 

Offline Alan Buck

• Commander
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2019, 07:09:02 PM »
Bob can sign up on Friday thank you
ALAN E BUCK

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2019, 07:32:39 AM »
Okay, due to popular demand (two requests...), I'm going to accept the following for registration:

1. You can pre-register by calling me at 610-746-0106. I'll collect the event fees when you arrive at the field.

2. You can register at the Friday night Pizza Party at my house (Address: 209 Old Easton Rd., Stockertown, PA 18083. Come around 6ish)

3. I will hold registration open at the field until 9:30AM, with a start time of 9:45AM. I can't hold the registration open any longer due to the expected large turnout, and the shorter days.

I will put a few "open" slots o the scoreboard as drawn out of a hat when we do the flight order draw before flying. If you are late, but already registered, I will place you into one of those open slots. If you arrive after the open slots have been passed in the flight order, well, there's always round number two...

Please understand that I'm trying very hard to make this a memorable contest. One thing that we are going to do that has been done in the past when comrades have been lost is to fly a memorial flight with the departed's airplane after having everyone who wants to come out into the circle and wiggle the controls as a farewell gesture to the departed. I have made arrangements with Bette Wieder to do this with Buddy's Ryan's Eagle. This flight, however will honor two of our departed brothers; Buddy Wieder and Ed Barry. I have made arrangements for an Ed Barry Memorial High Point award, and I did that before the passing of Buddy Wieder. I have decided to institute another perpetual award in memory of Buddy, and this one will be for the Most Beautiful Model. I hope everyone is okay with that...

Please bend every effort to make this contest if you are within driving distance. The host club has gone out on a limb a bit in allowing me to throw this contest on their beautiful field, and their members are giving up three days of flying (practice day on Friday, contest day on Saturday, and rain date day on Sunday). Let's put on a real show for them.

Thanks - Bob Hunt     

Offline Chuck_Smith

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2019, 05:59:32 AM »
Bob, I'll see if some of the NY Finger Lakes gang wants to come. I've been itching for a road trip.

Chuck
AMA 76478

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2019, 11:09:38 PM »
That sounds great, Chuck! Hope you can make it.

I was out practicing on the site today with my son, Robby. No turbulence at all, very open field.

As I am the Contest Director, I will not be flying in the contest, but there will be a memorial flight with Buddy Wieder's Ryan's Eagle, and I'll have the honor at the handle for that.

Later - Bob 

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2019, 07:43:02 PM »
Just bumping this to the top.

Attached is a photo of what the award plaques look like. Thanks again to Gabe Alimov for doing the graphic for these!

Later - Bob Hunt

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2019, 08:22:39 AM »
The long range forecast is for showers on contest day. Let's hope and pray that the forecast changes... The rain date is Sunday the 27th (my birthday!), so hopefully well get this thing in this year.

In a worst case scenario, we'll postpone the meet until spring; but I truly hope that doesn't become necessary.

Later - Bob Hunt
610-746-0106

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2019, 04:37:37 PM »
That sounds great, Chuck! Hope you can make it.

I was out practicing on the site today with my son, Robby. No turbulence at all, very open field.

As I am the Contest Director, I will not be flying in the contest, but there will be a memorial flight with Buddy Wieder's Ryan's Eagle, and I'll have the honor at the handle for that.

Later - Bob
I hope you make that a tradition Bob , I only met Buddy a couple of times but he was a nice guy, It was really nice all that he and everyone did for John D' with his award from the AMA.TJ
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Rick_Huff

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2019, 05:16:23 PM »
Rain, Shmain; we'll be there!
Really looking forward to it,
Rick and Saramarie

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2019, 05:57:23 PM »
Hi Rick:

The weather forecast is looking better and better.

Don't forget the pizza part at my house on Friday evening (around 6 PM).

I'll have directions to my house at the field on Friday. If anyone is coming in late on Friday and needs directions to my house, please call me at 610-746-0106.

Later - Bob

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2019, 06:01:18 PM »
Weather update:

I just checked the local weather forecast. Saturday is supposed to be mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain, winds at 4 MPH, and a high of 60 degrees. Yup, that's a bit chilly, but just think how the motors will run and how much performance will be in the air!

Later - Bob Hunt

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2019, 07:52:02 PM »

Sounds pretty close to ideal I'd say, comfy temp with a sweatshirt, no sun in your eyes, and just enough breeze to tell where you're at.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2019, 04:08:42 AM »
Woo Hoo! How about it!  #^

Bob

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2019, 07:54:59 AM »
     Bob I wish you well on this new contest. I think it is a great time of the year to have a contest up there. I hope it is very successful. I would like to attend it in the future.
         Best wishes,
                           Doug

Offline Jim Damerell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2019, 08:37:46 AM »
How many Guitars will be there Friday night? Open mike at the Pizza Party? y1

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2019, 05:36:27 PM »
Yeah, well, at least two guitars... Rick Campbell and I will  jam a bit I'm sure. I have about 10 guitars here, so Rick can travel light.

Set list (just in case you are reading this, Rick) is Pancho and Lefty (Townes Van Zandt) in C (G up five for me), I still miss someone (Johnny Cash) in A, and Can't you see (Marshall Tucker Band) in E. That last one is a sing along... And maybe Willin' by Lowell George if we haven't cleared the room by that time.

Later - Bob 

Offline Rick Wetzel

• New Pilot
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2019, 07:10:15 PM »
See everyone there on Saturday!  I won't be able to attend the practice session or pizza party on Friday. Weather forecast is looking good!
Rick

Offline Chris Fretz

• Admiral
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2019, 08:23:02 PM »
Practice day

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Formerly known as #Liner
AMA 1104207
Advanced

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2019, 09:06:35 PM »

Thanks for the great pics Chris, please keep'em coming!  ;D
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Chris Fretz

• Admiral
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2019, 09:51:55 PM »
Contest day...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Formerly known as #Liner
AMA 1104207
Advanced

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here