News:

• April 19, 2024, 06:16:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just Awesome  (Read 1083 times)

Offline George Albo

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Just Awesome
« on: October 10, 2019, 10:26:46 AM »
I was searching youtube for one thing and found this instead.  Not C/L, but really awesome. Thought I'd share.

George Albo
Darkness is dispelled with acts of kindness and selfless good deeds.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Just Awesome
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 10:40:21 AM »
Good builder, good pilot, doing really good things.

Super!
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 11:12:13 AM »
Did I hear correctly?  He said weight is 4 KG.  That is 8.8 pounds!  How can it fly so slowly at that weight?
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 11:18:40 AM »
Did you notice the flaps?  That is awesome watching it on video.  I still wonder about these domed stadiums as maybe getting permission to fly electric in doors when they are not in use for an event, sporting or concert.  Of course control line would have to contend with its own turbulence.  Also is there enough light that the stadium lights would not be used.   Would be great when the weather out side is impossible, wind and rain pus snow.  Thanks for the video and tell the gentleman he is one great modeler and flier.   Looked very realistic to me. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 07:21:06 PM »

Pretty interesting to see something that large flown so well in such a small space. What makes it even cooler is that he's doing it all with a scale Warbird instead of some 3D P.O.S. that's basically designed for hanging in the air. Excellent flying skills too, notice how precisely on-the-mark the landing was and how well he greased it in? Very well done.  y1
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Brian Hampton

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 08:30:09 PM »
He said weight is 4 KG.  That is 8.8 pounds!  How can it fly so slowly at that weight?
The full size Corsair had a wing area of 314 sq ft so a 1/4 scale has an area of 19.625 sq ft. A weight of 8.8 pounds is 141 ounces so its wing loading is ~7.2 ounces/sq ft.

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 09:02:55 PM »
Only one 3 cell 2600mah battery..? :o  with a geared down motor and  42" x25" 4-blade prop .. pretty impressive!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here