News:

• April 26, 2024, 07:11:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Joe Nall 2018  (Read 940 times)

Offline Vincent Judd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Joe Nall 2018
« on: January 05, 2018, 05:00:32 PM »
I know there's a lot of control line activity, but will there be control line contest at this year's Joe Nall?  PAMPA classes?

Does anyone have a schedule of the C/L events?  I'd really like to attend this year if possible.

I'd also be interested in hotel information for the area, is there a favorite for the C/L guys?

Offline Mark Weiss

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Joe Nall 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 06:27:32 PM »
Hi Vincent,

There most certainly will be control line activities during Joe Nall Week this coming May! Our formula for last year seemed to work so well, we are repeating it again. Joe Nall Week is Saturday, May 12 - Saturday, May 19, 2018. There will be open c/l flying from May 12th up to and including Wednesday, May 16. On Thursday, May 17th, Randy Smith has volunteered again to run Stunt Camp which was such as huge hit last year.

Our two day Triple Tree Aerodrome Stunt Contest is Friday and Saturday, May 18 - May 19. On Firday, we will fly Profile and Classic, and on Saturday, PAMPA CL Precision Aerobatics.

And like last year, we will have beautiful trophies for all pilots who place as well as very cool and free commemorative T Shirts for all competitors who fly in any event on Friday and or Saturday.

The circles are the finest grass you will ever find and the 470 acre Triple Tree Aerodrome is a very special place for anyone into aviation, model or full scale.

I will be posting updates starting next month. I have also spoken to Alan Goff and invited any scale modelers to come and enjoy the flying and cameraderie. Any C/L airplane and their pilot are welcome! If you do not have an airplane, we will put you on one of ours!

Will Davis, the Green Hat Gang, and I are making sure the 2018 version wil be the best ever. We hope to have not only David and Derek return this year, but maybe, just maybe one or two more from the Nats Top 20 and Top 5 will join us.

Please call or email me for any information about Triple Tree, our schedule, hotels, whatever. I also know where the port-a-potties are!!

Mark Weiss, CD  (302) 547-4917

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 10:00:10 PM »
I stayed in Laurens last 2 years, but discovered Clinton last year.  Its only 10 min further and has better motels and restaurant choices.  Will move there if I make it this year.
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline Vincent Judd

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 05:34:27 AM »
Hi Vincent,

There most certainly will be control line activities during Joe Nall Week this coming May! Our formula for last year seemed to work so well, we are repeating it again. Joe Nall Week is Saturday, May 12 - Saturday, May 19, 2018. There will be open c/l flying from May 12th up to and including Wednesday, May 16. On Thursday, May 17th, Randy Smith has volunteered again to run Stunt Camp which was such as huge hit last year.

Our two day Triple Tree Aerodrome Stunt Contest is Friday and Saturday, May 18 - May 19. On Firday, we will fly Profile and Classic, and on Saturday, PAMPA CL Precision Aerobatics.

And like last year, we will have beautiful trophies for all pilots who place as well as very cool and free commemorative T Shirts for all competitors who fly in any event on Friday and or Saturday.

The circles are the finest grass you will ever find and the 470 acre Triple Tree Aerodrome is a very special place for anyone into aviation, model or full scale.

I will be posting updates starting next month. I have also spoken to Alan Goff and invited any scale modelers to come and enjoy the flying and cameraderie. Any C/L airplane and their pilot are welcome! If you do not have an airplane, we will put you on one of ours!

Will Davis, the Green Hat Gang, and I are making sure the 2018 version wil be the best ever. We hope to have not only David and Derek return this year, but maybe, just maybe one or two more from the Nats Top 20 and Top 5 will join us.

Please call or email me for any information about Triple Tree, our schedule, hotels, whatever. I also know where the port-a-potties are!!

Mark Weiss, CD  (302) 547-4917

Thanks for all the information Mark, it's on the calendar.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here