News:

• May 06, 2024, 01:03:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: video&sound 4-2-4  (Read 1556 times)

Online Gordon Tarbell

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
video&sound 4-2-4
« on: November 03, 2016, 05:53:16 PM »
Here is an odd request, are there any good you tube vidios or such that I can direct an engineer to that would demonstrate clearly the sound of a 4-2-4 run of a stunt engine. Something showing inflight change of exhaust note when  aircraft starts uphill into maneuver and then switch back on down hill side? Might save me time in my explanation and description afterwards to him.
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Re: video&sound 4-2-4
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 09:20:50 PM »
Im sure there are a few 2-4 breaks in this video of the TTs.

Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 10:06:41 PM »
Here is a pretty darned clear cut example from the beginning and up to the 2:00-minute mark. It's my Shoestring with an OS Max-S.35 with a Zambelli venturi. It's sport flying rather than a pattern, but it gives the sound you're looking for.

The rest of the movie is my LA 46 Cardinal, so nothing but a wet/lean 2 stroke there.

Here's a more subtle example of my FP35. This is maiden day for this plane, but the engine is a well-run old steel 35.

Rusty
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 10:30:28 PM by RknRusty »
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 10:19:42 PM »
Here is an odd request, are there any good you tube vidios or such that I can direct an engineer to that would demonstrate clearly the sound of a 4-2-4 run of a stunt engine. Something showing inflight change of exhaust note when  aircraft starts uphill into maneuver and then switch back on down hill side? Might save me time in my explanation and description afterwards to him.

Here are 3 videos..  with different 4-2-4 engines.

Stalker .61RE 4-2

Super Tigre .60

Fox .35 open exhaust

Online Larry Fernandez

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 02:14:23 AM »
OH MY GOD!!!
Check out the last video clip
How close are these guys flying to the high tension lines?

Looks pretty damn close to me

Larry, Buttafucco Stunt Team

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 10:11:46 AM »
OH MY GOD!!!

That's our home field. (Rice Mill field in Richmond B.C.)  It is actually not that close, as they are quite high.   but they do appears to be close in the video. 

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 11:02:15 AM »
That's our home field. (Rice Mill field in Richmond B.C.)  It is actually not that close, as they are quite high.   but they do appears to be close in the video. 

High magnification, long lenses always compress the field of vision and make objects seem closer together than they actually are!  Major trick of Hollyworst to make car chase scenes look even more frightening than they are.  Remember the John Wayne Punch.  looks really good and the fist is about 8 inches from the face!   y1 <=

Randy Cuberly
PS:  Still I have to agree.  I think it could be risky to fly close to those lines!  Just because nothing has happened doesn't mean that it can't!
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Mike Haverly

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 11:23:56 AM »
OH MY GOD!!!

I have flown there many times.  Not close at all.  More of a concern is the trees that surrounded the field at one time, and the slope from one side of the main circle to the other.  On contest day you can count on the wind blowing into the Sun and nicely buffeted by the trees making some challenging turbulence as well as the airplane seeming to disappear into the trees.  Many of the trees have been removed.
Mike

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 01:25:21 PM »
Not to worry, Larry. They're BC volts....  LL~

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's on the "small circle", and we'ns fly on the "big circle". The small circle is small for 60' center to center lines. There's a grass circle past the small circle that they fly combat on. I have arranged it so that I don't have to fly on either. A chainsaw could improve that facility a lot, but it's a favorite "local" contest anyway. H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here