News:

• May 19, 2024, 12:17:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jason Pearson  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Jason Pearson
« on: August 30, 2016, 06:55:25 PM »
I just learned that sometime today, my good friend and friend of many others, Jason Pearson has passed away. I wish I had more details but all I know is it was some kind of accident with his ultralight plane. I'm in total shock. Jason was a young man in his 30's and a natural with a U/C handle or a transmitter in his hand. Made his living on the air show circuit as pit crew for a stunt hang glider act.
Unbelievable that he's gone.

Edit: I stayed with Jason for several months while I was attending a tech school in Lodi, Ca. Since our nights were free, we came up with all kinds of stupid stuff to do. Like flying Dynajets in the Walmart parking lot at 2am!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 07:14:25 PM by Clint Ormosen »
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
Re: Jason Pearson
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 06:58:12 PM »
He was a member of the Lafayette Esquadrille here in St Louis....

No words to express my sadness having flown with him

He is the 2nd from the Right at our Turkey Shoot contest last year that he was the CD....Man he will be missed

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 07:23:47 PM »
Here is a picture with his Dad at our Spring club picnic, he will be missed

Fred
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 03:55:02 AM by Fred Cronenwett »
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Online Jared Hays

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 07:44:44 PM »
Very sad to hear this.  I see his posts on facebook all the time.

Offline Louis Rankin

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 07:52:28 PM »
Sad news indeed.  Jason, you will be missed!

I signed on facebook to see if there were any cool posts by Jason.  He lived an exciting and full life and shared his exploits with his friends on facebook.  I am in total shock.
Louis Rankin
Somerville Tennessee
AMA 10859

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 08:00:11 PM »
Very sad news. I only knew him though facebook but his exploits were legendary. He built and flew some amazing planes. We were gonna fly some combat when he was here for the Airshow this summer but  time didn't allow.  Prayers to his family and friends.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Shawn Lenci

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 08:37:19 PM »
Clint I am very sorry to hear this news.  I met Jason when he was still a teenager out at Donn Gunzenhouser's flying circle in Denair back in the mid 90's.  That kid had a lot of natural ability.  This is terrible news.

Shawn
AMA 97686

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 09:38:07 AM »
Vary sad news.  Why do they have to be taken at such an early age.  But, he was doing what he enjoyed. :(
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 05:43:51 PM »
Here is the news with Jason's name listed

http://www.wjbdradio.com/local-news/2016/08/31/identity-of-pilot-in-ultralight-plane-crash-released

I will miss his energy that brought to life and the flying field

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 08:02:39 PM »
    I have been trying to wrap my head around this since since first hearing about it from Fred yesterday evening. I first met Jason when he walked onto the KidVenture flying circles on evening after the afternoon airshow and we were fun flying. He introduced himself and said we had actually met at a fun fly type event at Buder Park a few years before. He was working for Jimmy Franklin at the time, and we met a flew together several times over the years, since he was living just south east of the St. Louis area. He liked the same things I liked, airplanes and dirt bikes! Sure wish we had taken an opportunity to go riding together. After Jimmy Franklin's accident, he was working for Jim LeRoy, and when LeRoy was performing at the then yearly St. Louis County Fair and Airshow one year, he arranged for me to hold one of the poles for LeRoy"s double knife edge ribbon cut. If that wasn't enough to put a permanent sloppy grin on my face, he called me on my cell after I got back to my place in the crowd and asked if I wanted to help with a second ribbon cut! Two in one day! It still makes me giggle a bit, seeing what an airshow is like right from the center line!
   Jason was such a neat guy, not a really out going type person but one who was very generous, and loved a good time doing neat stuff and sharing it with his friends. I'm glad I finally got to fly one of his Turkey Shoot contests, and we plan on holding one this fall again. Some one said already that he led such a full life for as young as he was (39 I believe) and he sure did just that. As Fred said, his energy seemed endless, not like a  boiling pot but more like the Energizer Bunny, just kept going and going. There are lessons to be learned here if we care to learn them. I'll NEVER forget seeing and flying his all pine SIG Twister! My heart goes out to his dear wife, his Dad, whom he was a spittin' image of,(just check out Fred's photo above) and the rest of his family, as they, and all of us, have lost someone very special.
    Fair winds and tight lines my friend!
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2016, 08:22:55 AM »
I remember an all pine Twister flying at a Buder Park stunt meet years ago.  If that was him, he was a great gentleman and fun to talk to.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Don Chandler

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 09:30:45 AM »
I have known Jason since he was a little kid living in Mt. View, Calif. He, his dad mom and sister were at all the WAM meets back then. His local club here and his family put on a number of control line events over the years and from what he had been telling me via facebook he was keeping some of that WAM tradition alive especially with the Balloon Bust event.

Jason was just out here a couple weeks ago ans was rueing the fact that he had missed stopping by the Woodland contest the weekend of the 20th and 21st.

This really is a shock and he will be missed by his friends here in California and the St. Louis area.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2016, 09:43:24 AM »
I remember an all pine Twister flying at a Buder Park stunt meet years ago.  If that was him, he was a great gentleman and fun to talk to.

That was him. The pine Twister was built by long-time WAM stalwart Joe Pearson, his dad. We flew the first flight over across the street from the 49ers practice facility in Santa Clara. Jason and his family used to live about 200 yards from me. I can see their home from here.

He was an absolute natural as a pilot, maybe the most extreme example of a natural I have ever seen. He couldn't really come up with an acceptable airplane but he would make them go where they were supposed to.

I am too shocked to say much more, it's hard to get my head around.

Brett

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2016, 03:23:06 PM »
http://www.register-news.com/news/name-of-crash-victim-released/article_1fb244f4-6fb1-11e6-bfb0-43fadd8e4580.html

I was looking to see when the funeral information will be posted, this is the funeral home that will be used

http://www.hugheyfh.com/obituaries/obituary-listings

Fred
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 05:55:34 PM by Fred Cronenwett »
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 06:33:10 PM »
Saw this on facebook

Memorial services for our flying buddy Jason Pearson will be held at Harre Funeral Home in McLeansboro, Illinois. Visitation: Tuesday, September 6 from 6-8 pm; Funeral: Wednesday, September 7 at 11 am. Burial at Baltimore (Olive Branch) Cemetery in Wayne City. To assist with expenses, we are asking for donations in lieu of flowers. Donations will be accepted at Harre's Funeral Home or you may use the account at the below link at GoFundMe.

not sure why the news article had the other funeral home

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2016, 12:31:13 PM »
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Offline James Mills

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2016, 08:48:07 PM »
I'm a little late on this post.  Jason was a neat guy.  I also remember the "pine Twister".  I had mentioned to someone at Paducah this year that I hadn't seen him in a while.  Our prayers go out to his Wife and family, RIP.

James
AMA 491167

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here