News:

• April 25, 2024, 10:24:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: It has come to my attention  (Read 10026 times)

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
It has come to my attention
« on: March 30, 2023, 08:11:43 AM »
It has come to my attention that there are a few that would like this site to go away. With the continued bombardment with FED Book promos. Let me know now and save me the trouble of whiners and crybabies and I just pack up and save my time and trouble. Those jokers can stay on FEDBOOK but I will tell you it comes with consequences.
AMA 12366

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
Re: It has come to my attention
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 08:48:32 AM »
Hang in there, Sparky. The few do not represent the some total of all. I know where you are coming from. What those who participate do not realize, is that it is a systemic pied piper.

Offline Mark Mc

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 08:53:01 AM »
???????

Who'd want the site to go away?  I've never heard this.  I, for one, check the site at least once a day, if not more.

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 09:08:39 AM »
It has come to my attention that there are a few that would like this site to go away. With the continued bombardment with FED Book promos. Let me know now and save me the trouble of whiners and crybabies and I just pack up and save my time and trouble. Those jokers can stay on FEDBOOK but I will tell you it comes with consequences.
RC Storick ...Good morning from deep in the woods of Arlington Washington.
The time and energy that you put into hosting this most excellent Control Line University is most appreciated by the many and not the few.

I think the same people who come to you with their demands about how you should run your website  would also  feel entitled to do the same if you invited them into your own home.
This is how they roll.

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 09:25:28 AM »
Sparky:

Do not pay any attention or give even the slightest time of day to the idiot morons who only visit and post here to promote their woke/liberal crap and try to stand judge over everything with which they do not agree. They are like locusts who only seek to devour. They are more to be pitied than censured. I've had to deal with some of these morons for years, and I just let their vitriol roll off my back like water off a duck. Remember, if you are doing something right, there will alway be small minded, self righteous, misguided, petty, jealous (especially jealous) people who can only tear down; they can never build up. They will alway be with us, and the vast majority of people here who appreciate what you are doing will always be able to quickly identify them and then simply ignore them. That is what gets to them the most; just ignore them.

Bob Hunt   

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 09:27:16 AM »
        I am not sure what you are talking about ("FEDBOOK" = facebook?) and I don't subscribe to any other sites. But the existence of other sites or other venues does not threaten this one. It is not a zero-sum game - alternate forums are *in addition* to this one, not instead of. If they do well it has approximately zero affect on you. Me, and everyone else, it going to access SH just as often as they did before. Same was true about SSW, it was not a threat or competitor.

You can only control what you do, not what everyone else does, and you are doing a very good thing here. Don't lose sight of that.

Brett

Online Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 09:42:34 AM »

Good morning from deep in the woods of Californication. (we're getting sc.....had)
The time and energy that you put into hosting this most excellent Control Line University is most appreciated by the many and not the few.

Ditto! Jerry

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2023, 10:20:18 AM »
If you want to keep people here on Stunthanger, curtail the political rhetoric. 
Curtail all the political rhetoric. 
Left, Right, Republican, Democrat, just put a stop to the conversations.  You have lost a LOT of good people to  Phacebook because of the political crap.  It's your sandbox Sparky, so you get to make the rules.  However, you too, are subject to the consequences of the culture you create here.  I come here solely for model airplane info and hold my nose while sifting through all the culture war and politics crap to see if there is anything to look at that is model related.  So, you can enjoy your shrinking echo chamber, or you can moderate and hope to repair the holes you have left open in your ship.
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2023, 10:24:31 AM »
I hope I'm not one of those because I stated what I saw on FB when I asked to join the PAMPA group.  I still like this site and consider Stunt Hanger my go to site.  I visit the gallery to see the planes.  I also go the different sections on this forum as I still or would like to fly the different events  .Also if I didn't think this site was worth it I would quit sending in my small donation to keep it going.  When I look at posts I can see who has donated and who hasn't.  Those that don't donate I have low respect for. D>K S?P
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2023, 10:25:08 AM »
If you want to keep people here on Stunthanger, curtail the political rhetoric. 
Curtail all the political rhetoric. 
Left, Right, Republican, Democrat, just put a stop to the conversations.  You have lost a LOT of good people to  Phacebook because of the political crap.  It's your sandbox Sparky, so you get to make the rules.  However, you too, are subject to the consequences of the culture you create here.  I come here solely for model airplane info and hold my nose while sifting through all the culture war and politics crap to see if there is anything to look at that is model related.  So, you can enjoy your shrinking echo chamber, or you can moderate and hope to repair the holes you have left open in your ship.

And they can stay there. This place is just like TV only watch the channels you like. Do you call the News stations when they post BS? nope. I post so few subjects that may offend a few, you don't get the big picture I guess. I can name the few who from the start have tried to undermine this site.
AMA 12366

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2023, 10:29:46 AM »
And they can stay there. This place is just like TV only watch the channels you like. Do you call the News stations when they post BS? nope
Do you then call the tv station an cry when your favorite show gets cancelled because of low viewership?
That's what you are experiencing with the drop in forum engagement, Sparky.  Fewer people are coming to this forum and you are crying about it and then making a toxic environment that is chasing good people away. 
You need to wake up.
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2023, 10:30:46 AM »
I hope I'm not one of those because I stated what I saw on FB when I asked to join the PAMPA group.  I still like this site and consider Stunt Hanger my go to site.  I visit the gallery to see the planes.  I also go the different sections on this forum as I still or would like to fly the different events  .Also if I didn't think this site was worth it I would quit sending in my small donation to keep it going.  When I look at posts I can see who has donated and who hasn't.  Those that don't donate I have low respect for. D>K S?P

No Doc you're not one of them
AMA 12366

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2023, 10:31:36 AM »
Do you then call the tv station an cry when your favorite show gets cancelled because of low viewership?
That's what you are experiencing with the drop in forum engagement, Sparky.  Fewer people are coming to this forum and you are crying about it and then making a toxic environment that is chasing good people away. 
You need to wake up.

I will say this once I AM AWAKE
AMA 12366

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2023, 10:33:09 AM »
I started this and when it started politics was about the Brodak wars. The subjects that get mentioned here and some get their panties in a wad can leave forever. I will still be here I will not be bullied into submission
AMA 12366

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2023, 10:55:29 AM »
I started this and when it started politics was about the Brodak wars. The subjects that get mentioned here and some get their panties in a wad can leave forever. I will still be here I will not be bullied into submission

Bullied into submission of exactly what, Sparky? 
I, and most in the control line community, want your site to thrive.
Nobody wants to see Stunthanger fail or diminish.  The loss of Stuka is still painful.
Understand, though, that you have some control over your website engagement.
You can create a nourishing garden or you can spread salt your own field. 

Offline Rusty

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2023, 11:07:25 AM »

This applies to Stunt Hangar also.   

Offline John Carrodus

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2023, 12:50:15 PM »
Air Master
               What a fantastic song! Makes the point beautifully. I feel the same about my country New Zealand. There are however fewer folks, especially the WOKE ( We Obviously Know Everything ) who feel the same. They hate our country on every level and especially the values and traditions which built our small dominion into a place where great things happened.We were small but powerful and punched way above our eight.Alas far less now.

Sparky I'm with you. You own this gig and you are only trying to warn us about stuff most of us have suspected for some time in big government and big tech. It is happening worldwide. I regard myself as part of the AWAKE ( Actually We Almost Know Everything ) movement and can see how some ( at least ) of the many moving parts fit together on both sides.

Like many who dare to speak out, and reserve the right of others to do the same, are often blackballed by haters. A great leader is often defined by a polarised image. They know who their friends are and attempt to make friends of their enemies and are hated for it.

Balls to the wall Sparky!

Online Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2023, 01:32:42 PM »
I fail to see how saying that posting pictures on FB is easy equates to wanting Stunt Hangar to end???
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2023, 01:58:55 PM »
This is the number 1 site. I dont do fbook. I have never had a friend request from some dude in Congo on Stunt hangar. No suggestions on people I may know and pictures of what they had for breakfast. Just ignore it Sparky. Dont let it waste space in your head.

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2023, 02:29:58 PM »
I fail to see how saying that posting pictures on FB is easy equates to wanting Stunt Hangar to end???

There is a lot more going on behind the scenes than that shown in writing here and there. Having been in a leadership position both at work and in the community, I can say that by standing out, one in a position of responsibility gets shot at in some of the most ridiculously and personally insulting ways, much of which has little basis with truth. Or, was so far past that some scoffing necromancer :X wants to still rub it in someone's face like a scolded puppy, sometimes something going back as far as 15 years ago. mw~

It can wear down the strongest. Hang in there Sparky, we're all rooting for you.  H^^

C/L side aside, F**b**k upon initial joining can seem to be a fun experience, until one comes in contact with woke moderation that defies all common sense and decency. There is much more going on than than the powers will admit. The unwholesome god complex of the ultrawealthy owners are a tipoff.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2023, 03:06:14 PM »
Well for those that don't want to lose this site and haven't donated,  how about skipping that coffee and donut for a day or two and send the money to Sparky. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2023, 04:07:24 PM »

Bravo Sparky! Keep up the good work.

Jerry

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2023, 05:50:39 PM »
Still recovering from a massive heart attack only 10 days ago and being advised by my Cardiologist to avoid stress and conflict, I guess I should not even write this but I guess in a way all this discussion about  and the Control Line Group is mostly my fault.
Robert, If you want to blame someone for the  control line group and the following it has, you can blame me. A few years ago I created what is now the biggest Control Line Discussion group on  facebook and maybe on social media.   It is entitled “CONTROL LINE FLYING.”  And now has almost 10,000 members at last count and many of them are overseas.  It actually turned into an international following.  I also created the sister group called “CONTROL LINE CLASSIFIEDS”  where members can buy, sell and swap control line related items.  I do not apologize for doing it and when I bowed out as  the founder and administrator of those groups, I turned it over to a couple of guys who built upon it and made it a bustling control line site.  They, by the way, are members of your group as well.
I am acutely aware of the “evils” of  and the political censorship and persecution of conservative and Christian beliefs and the asinine so called fact checkers and if you went through the group, you would see that the current moderators do not allow politics on the site regardless of persuasion.  I do not think the CCP, Putin, the CIA or NSA really care too much about what is put on a toy airplane forum.  As a side note here, I spent 4 years in the Air Force spying on the Soviet Union, their Soyuz Manned Space program and the North Vietnamese and Viet Cong troop movements  from 1969-1973 so I know a little bit about clandestine operations.
We should all be concerned about maintaining and growing the control line community and if social media,  and others, can contribute to making the hobby stronger and survive a little longer, I see absolutely no problem with doing so. 
I saw the previous post by a couple of really excellent stunt folks and friends of mine on here in regard to PAMPA and I also saw you locked the thread down and prohibited any further discussion on the subject. 
Lenoard’s site is history, Dee Rice and the Brotherhood is history and for all practical purposes, you are the last man standing in this genre. 
I just do not understand your personal hate for a group that has done nothing but bring hundreds of more people into the hobby and I would venture to guess, to your site as well.
This is your site and you can run it anyway you see fit but please be careful that you do not go the way of Leonard’s and Dee’s sites.  We need you and the platform you offer.  NOBODY wants this site to go away.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 11:43:20 AM by Mike Griffin »

Online Joseph Lijoi

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2023, 06:24:51 PM »
Sparky:

Do not pay any attention or give even the slightest time of day to the idiot morons who only visit and post here to promote their woke/liberal crap and try to stand judge over everything with which they do not agree. They are like locusts who only seek to devour. They are more to be pitied than censured. I've had to deal with some of these morons for years, and I just let their vitriol roll off my back like water off a duck. Remember, if you are doing something right, there will alway be small minded, self righteous, misguided, petty, jealous (especially jealous) people who can only tear down; they can never build up. They will alway be with us, and the vast majority of people here who appreciate what you are doing will always be able to quickly identify them and then simply ignore them. That is what gets to them the most; just ignore them.

Bob Hunt

So much for vitriol and standing in judgement.

I am with you Bob. I get really upset when those openly LGBTQ flyers post about flap tweak versus tip weight and I am completely freaked out about Drag Queen balloon bust. The AMA should not sanction these events. Many people were injured.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2023, 06:26:38 PM »
 Holy crap.  HB~>

Blow them off Sparky, don't have SH be just another good thing lost to the whiners and crybabies of today's world. These people are so clueless about everything that all they know how to do is @#$% and moan. It's largely an attention thing, because they have no other worth or talent. A lot of them are same the type that think it's ok to have a cat litter box in a restroom, or a "she-male" in a public office or position, or anything else that's just morally wrong.

Look around, they're the major reason so many good things in this country are no longer, they continue their whine and protest until people get sick enough of it to cave in or they're able to vote in one of they're own. It's all glaringly obvious to everyone but them, but we already know that. I say STAND UP and flip'em the bird.  D>K
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 06:48:04 PM by wwwarbird »
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2023, 10:44:15 PM »
Still recovering from a massive heart attack only 10 days ago and being advised by my Cardiologist to avoid stress and conflict, I guess I should not even write this but I guess in a way all this discussion about  and the Control Line Group is mostly my fault.
Robert, If you want to blame someone for the  control line group and the following it has, you can blame me. A few years ago I created what is now the biggest Control Line Discussion group on   and maybe on social media.   It is entitled “CONTROL LINE FLYING.”  And now has almost 10,000 members at last count and many of them are overseas.  It actually turned into an international following.  I also created the sister group called “CONTROL LINE CLASSIFIEDS”  where members can buy, sell and swap control line related items.  I do not apologize for doing it and when I bowed out as  the founder and administrator of those groups, I turned it over to a couple of guys who built upon it and made it a bustling control line site.  They, by the way, are members of your group as well.
I am acutely aware of the “evils” of  and the political censorship and persecution of conservative and Christian beliefs and the asinine so called fact checkers and if you went through the group, you would see that the current moderators do not allow politics on the site regardless of persuasion.  I do not think the CCP, Putin, the CIA or NSA really care too much about what is put on a toy airplane forum.  As a side note here, I spent 4 years in the Air Force spying on the Soviet Union, their Soyuz Manned Space program and the North Vietnamese and Viet Cong troop movements  from 1969-1973 so I know a little bit about clandestine operations.
We should all be concerned about maintaining and growing the control line community and if social media,  and others, can contribute to making the hobby stronger and survive a little longer, I see absolutely no problem with doing so. 
I saw the previous post by a couple of really excellent stunt folks and friends of mine on here in regard to PAMPA and I also saw you locked the thread down and prohibited any further discussion on the subject. 
Lenoard’s site is history, Dee Rice and the Brotherhood is history and for all practical purposes, you are the last man standing in this genre. 
I just do not understand your personal hate for a group that has done nothing but bring hundreds of more people into the hobby and I would venture to guess, to your site as well.
This is your site and you can run it anyway you see fit but please be careful that you do not go the way of Leonard’s and Dee’s sites.  We need you and the platform you offer.  NOBODY wants this site to go away.

I seem to remember a while back you asked me to delete your full account. But I know how this goes and didn't. There are a few more besides you who bombard this site with enticements to go to FB.  Why am I so down on FB. Because it's a DARPA ,CIA information gathering tool. Spying
AMA 12366

Offline Walter Hicks

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2023, 11:25:31 PM »
Sparky, thank you for hosting this forum. Not all of us do FB   and we appreciate this one. I also would like to thank the people on here that
routinely offer their well earned Expert advice on numerous topics questions asked here. I would like to name as many as I could but for sure I would
and will leave many out. I routinely refer new flyers ( Yes new fliers ) to this forum with the advice that there is a wide  variety of  experience or expertise in the area that they are posting on. This is why I really appreciate those of you who do make sure that good sound advice is given on
modeling questions and correct things that are erroneous. Brett, Paul Walker, Ted Fancher, Randy Smith, Alan Resinger, Chris Cox,
Bob Hunt, Pat Johnston, Pete Cunha , Mike Pratt, Larry Renger,Dan Mcntee(sp) sorry Dan, and many others that I am not mentioning.

A couple of observations : 

Often I see a screen of a list of birthdays with ages - I am 68 the people I fly with 84, 80, 77, 70+ , I give max 10 years that
I will have people to fly with. Treasure the time we have to do this together.

I recently read a very interesting thought provoking book discussing with ( their research on the matter ) that

30% of people really believe in an ideology(meaning a way of looking at life or thinking) . 50% of the people don't really believe that ideology. But are not wanting to do any

critical thinking or research on their own ,or are afraid to speak about it.  Thus  are silent on their opinion on the ideology. There is another 20% who do
not agree with the ideology and freely discuss their opinions.

Because you are willing to let people  discuss their opinions on this forum the following may happen- Some of the 30% will for sure get upset. Some of the 50 %

are concerned because the 30% are bent out of shape , and the 20% will continue to state their opinions as they have done their own thinking /critical

thinking/research and are comfortable with their views . That being said ----

I do volunteer work at a school after-school program for kids 5 years old through 10 years old (20-30 ) of them with usually three adults

supervising them. An interesting thing happens almost daily. Either in a game outside ,soccer et, or a table game inside.

Some children  complain that the people they are playing with are not playing by their rules. Then the following routinely happens :

1. The complaining children either say I don't like this and leave the game and go to another game somewhere else.

2. The complaining children figure out that they can choose to stay at the game there are at and play by the other kids rules.

3. My job is to offer the children their options but to let them know that they either stay in the current game and stop their complaining about the
    rules . Or they can go to another game and play by the rules they like.

4. Funny thing most of the kids do one of the two options quickly and stop the complaining without me having to tell they again to stop complaining!

5. Is it possible that  adults  can do the same?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 11:44:43 PM by Walter Hicks »

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2023, 08:18:05 AM »
We should expect nothing more and accept what is occurring here in this forum when ideological distortion motivates people to express their beliefs and opinions whether illegitimate or not. It's not just here but everywhere. Within families, workplaces, between friends, isn't this the basis and need for "separation of church and state"? All benefit is lost when people fail to maintain respect for one another by refraining to restrain themselves. Verbal political activism and expression only polarizes a community such as Stunthanger. If this is to be an open venue for political expression that's fine, continue as you wish, I for one can live with that. I certainly can find it elsewhere and I know I am secure enough that I don't need to come here to vent my emotions. But as adminstrators and key contributors keep in mind and whether you give a hoot or not, many do not enjoy it and find it disconcerting. So be aware if it "gets their panties in a wad" they just may participate less or go away altogether. I thought the basic premise of Stunthanger was to promote and retain CL modeling, don't diminish a good thing give thought to that in what decision you make.

Steve

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2023, 11:32:14 AM »
We should expect nothing more and accept what is occurring here in this forum when ideological distortion motivates people to express their beliefs and opinions whether illegitimate or not. It's not just here but everywhere. Within families, workplaces, between friends, isn't this the basis and need for "separation of church and state"? All benefit is lost when people fail to maintain respect for one another by refraining to restrain themselves. Verbal political activism and expression only polarizes a community such as Stunthanger. If this is to be an open venue for political expression that's fine, continue as you wish, I for one can live with that. I certainly can find it elsewhere and I know I am secure enough that I don't need to come here to vent my emotions. But as adminstrators and key contributors keep in mind and whether you give a hoot or not, many do not enjoy it and find it disconcerting. So be aware if it "gets their panties in a wad" they just may participate less or go away altogether. I thought the basic premise of Stunthanger was to promote and retain CL modeling, don't diminish a good thing give thought to that in what decision you make. Steve

How is it possible for those who claim that they hate to read political message traffic....TO READ THE POLITICAL MESSAGE TRAFFIC....unless they go out of their way to click on the political message traffic...?

Walk me through that process..if you don't mind.

So far NOBODY has been able to furnish a reasonable explanation for how this "Political Content auto-absorption" phenomena occurs... ::)

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2023, 11:54:40 AM »
I seem to remember a while back you asked me to delete your full account. But I know how this goes and didn't. There are a few more besides you who bombard this site with enticements to go to FB.  Why am I so down on FB. Because it's a DARPA ,CIA information gathering tool. Spying

OK Robert, I will not argue this any longer.  I have no memory of "bombarding" anyone on this forum to ditch it and go to  but in your world it seems that the two cannot exist together peacefully.  This is all I have to say in regard to this subject and will not discuss it any further as logic does not seem to apply in this matter. 

By the way, I have noticed that you have banned the word F a Ce Book on this forum because if you type it, it will not appear in the post.  LOL....OK

Thank you for all you have done for the hobby and it was/is a valuable contribution.

Mike

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2023, 12:53:53 PM »
It's weird, because I've not found FB to be a horrible thing. Certainly not as evil as the FIB or the IRS. It's apparently a fairly inexpensive way to have a club page, eliminating the significant cost of having a club website but still getting some club exposure out. And, I think that banning the word face book is a bad play. It's what MSN and all those liberal sites do.

The only reason I joined FB was because Bruce Perry started a page for the Alberta Controline Flying Club, and Nigel Tarvin started the Vintage FAI Free Flight page. Both are very active and I'm no worse the wear. Further, I have posted a LOT of political opinion on my own page (I have a page because you gotta) with no problems.

I did get my FB page cloned/hacked once, and I do get occasional friend requests from hot young chicks. Sounds appealing, but I do some investigation to find out who they are, and find they don't have any history, no info on where they live, where they went to school, etc., so I just delete their request and it's done. I'm not sure what their end game is, but it must have something to do with getting your friends list for commercial gain.  n1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2023, 01:29:42 PM »
I think that banning the word face book is a bad play. It's what MSN and all those liberal sites do.

It seems you wrote the word facebook

I do need to tell everyone I am tired of hearing about it.
AMA 12366

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2023, 01:45:38 PM »
At the risk of committing Stunt Hangar suicide, I would like to point out Bob Hunt's post above, where liberals are labelled idiots and morons. Fact one, Bob Hunt's comments carry more weight than the average bear because of his position in the hobby community. Fact two, like it or not, some people on Stunt Hangar are liberals. Fact three, There are plenty of places other than Stunt Hangar to discuss politics.

So, explain why people would come to an ostensibly non-political venue like Stunt Hangar, be told they are idiots for their politics, and not want to complain or go somewhere else? And just to be fair, I'm sure there are plenty of examples of liberals questioning the sanity or morals of conservatives as well. The political stuff on Stunt Hangar serves no purpose but to agitate and increase divisiveness. I'm sure many of us come here to avoid that kind of stuff. Everyone is free to have an opinion about politics, but there are other more appropriate outlets.

Bill Bischoff
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 12:00:01 PM by bill bischoff »

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2023, 04:11:02 PM »
I HAVE A SUGGESTION:  Why not create a unique topic area and call it "CONTROVERSIAL ISSUES" or something and place it down below between the Contest Calendar and the Vendor Corner. Here people can go to vent and express their feelings and opinions on politics, who they dislike or hate and freely discuss issues that others are not interested in stumbling into while entering the general topic area.

Everybody will be happy, none of the non interested become offended and anyone can post anything non CL related to their hearts content. It's a Win Win and Stunthanger continues as is.

Steve

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2023, 04:29:10 PM »
Why should people come here to post or read non CL topics? This site is for CL topics! But I'm sure Sparky doesn't mind subsidizing the extra space. How about columns for fishing, cooking, bowling and scrapbooking?

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2023, 04:31:01 PM »
I HAVE A SUGGESTION:  Why not create a unique topic area and call it "CONTROVERSIAL ISSUES" or something and place it down below between the Contest Calendar and the Vendor Corner. Here people can go to vent and express their feelings and opinions on politics, who they dislike or hate and freely discuss issues that others are not interested in stumbling into while entering the general topic area.

Everybody will be happy, none of the non interested become offended and anyone can post anything non CL related to their hearts content. It's a Win Win and Stunthanger continues as is.

Steve

If you would like I'll give you a quick, free of charge  guided tour of ALL the topics on page one of the OPEN FORUM that you should NOT click on .

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2023, 04:52:08 PM »
You guys are missing what I think is the bigger picture.  It's not a matter of patriotism or guarding against the red menace or the deep state.  It also isn't that one can just choose to ignore obvious threads that are political by title.  The matter, is, the political rancor that permeates so many of the posts and the accompanying devolution of so many discussions into unnessecary political tribalism.  It's like an continual on-going thought purity test that has ZERO to do with control line airplanes.

Conflating a few guys on-going beefs with Sparky or Stunthanger is not the same as what is being presented as some massive attack on freedom of speech and the American way.  Getting your patriotic keyboard pitchforks and torches ready for ideological warfare doesn't do anything to fix the loss of engaged contributing members of Stunthanger to phacebook. 

It's up to each member to insist that stunthanger must be welcoming, free from 20 year old pampa grudges and resolve that it must be a respite from all the culture/political crap that we face in our lives daily.  Politics/religion/ideology/preference are personal.  Keep your politics/religion/ideology/preference to yourself or watch Stunthanger diminish into tribal irrelevance.  I for one think the loss of Stunthanger would be terrible, and this site can't afford to alienate any more contributors. 

Tone it down fellas.

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2023, 05:50:30 PM »
You guys are missing what I think is the bigger picture.  It's not a matter of patriotism or guarding against the red menace or the deep state.  It also isn't that one can just choose to ignore obvious threads that are political by title.  The matter, is, the political rancor that permeates so many of the posts and the accompanying devolution of so many discussions into unnessecary political tribalism.  It's like an continual on-going thought purity test that has ZERO to do with control line airplanes.

Conflating a few guys on-going beefs with Sparky or Stunthanger is not the same as what is being presented as some massive attack on freedom of speech and the American way.  Getting your patriotic keyboard pitchforks and torches ready for ideological warfare doesn't do anything to fix the loss of engaged contributing members of Stunthanger to phacebook. 

It's up to each member to insist that stunthanger must be welcoming, free from 20 year old pampa grudges and resolve that it must be a respite from all the culture/political crap that we face in our lives daily.  Politics/religion/ideology/preference are personal.  Keep your politics/religion/ideology/preference to yourself or watch Stunthanger diminish into tribal irrelevance.  I for one think the loss of Stunthanger would be terrible, and this site can't afford to alienate any more contributors. 

Tone it down fellas.

It seems like the only ones complaining are those who lack enough self control to avoid the "political" thread topics that make up less than  one percent of ALL the message traffic at SH.
If YOU PEOPLE could exercise just a teaspoon's worth of self control...then you would have nothing to complain about...you would be totally oblivious to what's being discussed in the very few threads that you people claim that you do not come here to look at.
Deliberately clicking on threads that you claim you don't want to see and that  causes you  pain... seems mildly...insane.

Was this web site free from all "Never Trumper" rhetoric....?

Offline Richard Fleming

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2023, 06:00:55 PM »
Sparky, I appreciate the site and all the work that it  took to get it going. There is no human organization or group of people that is perfect.....period. Yes, we have proven that all through history lol. Don't worry about wrong doers on the outside and just continue to set high standards here. I was a member of the Brotherhood of the ring and Stuka Stunt for years and miss it. Nothing last forever and life is too short. Our main focus is our hobby, sharing ideas and experiences and being here for each other. The world is changing quickly but I really would like to keep control line flying the way it was meant to be....fun. H^^
AMA 83080
AHRMA 9827

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2023, 06:43:23 PM »
If you would like I'll give you a quick, free of charge  guided tour of ALL the topics on page one of the OPEN FORUM that you should NOT click on .

Chuck M. you crack me up, I laughed so hard I fell off the chair and wacked my head, I doubt I'll ever fly level again!!

I need the name of your lawyer. Now, would you prefer to continue this issue clicking away on the OPEN FORUM or keep it to ourselves in the CONTROVERSIAL ISSUES area?

I just blacked out again this is getting serious.

Steve

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2023, 07:32:37 PM »
Chuck M. you crack me up, I laughed so hard I fell off the chair and wacked my head, I doubt I'll ever fly level again!!

I need the name of your lawyer. Now, would you prefer to continue this issue clicking away on the OPEN FORUM or keep it to ourselves in the CONTROVERSIAL ISSUES area?

I just blacked out again this is getting serious.

Steve

Steve..here you go again drawing attention to the fact that you don't have enough self control [or "Street Smarts"] to avoid clicking on the topics in THE OPEN FORUM that are obviously political.
I called your bluff and offered to give you a "Special Education" class on how to spot "political threads" and all you've got left in your tool box is your imitation of Howdy Doody.

There are 50 threads on page one of this OPEN forum
There are only 3 threads [including this one] that appear to be political in nature.
One of the 3 political threads is about extended product liability...and it was started by you.... LL~

« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 08:41:17 PM by Chuck Matheny »

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2023, 07:59:48 PM »

Blow them off Sparky ......A lot of them are same the type that think it's ok to have a cat litter box in a restroom ....
Our cat's litterbox is in one of our restrooms.  Please don't blow me off   LL~ LL~
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Mike Palko

• Captain
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2023, 08:34:16 PM »
Why don’t you create a political forum and move political posts to it. This way politics can be discussed without impacting the model airplane forums.

Mike

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2023, 08:52:10 PM »
Our cat's litterbox is in one of our restrooms.  Please don't blow me off   LL~ LL~

HA! I suppose I could have clarified that a bit more, but I'll assume you know the actual topic related to the comment.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline bill stavros

• 24 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2023, 08:55:50 PM »
Robert

Greatest site ever and I support you and what you have done for us and the hobby !!!!

Bill
AMA # 705951

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2023, 04:19:53 AM »
I retired a long time ago but still wake between 4 to 5 AM every day. This is one of my first stops every morning with my coffee

I don't build or fly any more. I am aware some day this forum will go away. Until then, I still read and enjoy enough to donate every year or when ever needed

Robert Storick, Hope you stay the course and continue one of the very few good forums on the web
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Don Jenkins

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2023, 06:42:43 AM »

Sparky,

If Twitter can cancel the President of the United States, why can't you cancel the Douche Bags?

Don Jenkins, Commander USN, Retired

Offline Rusty

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2023, 07:10:15 AM »
I REFUSE to join FACE BOOK, even if I never talk about control line again.  I am ALL AGAINST censorship, fake news, data mining, etc AND that is what face book is.

Yes, Mike has several times said he was quitting control line and to close his account.  But, guess what, as great as he says face book is, HE IS HERE!!!

Offline John Carrodus

• Commander
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2023, 02:20:42 PM »
After reading all the above - maybe some time for some laughs?

Some reasonably famous joker ( like a movie star who moved into politics ) some time back once said

"I don't tell jokes. I merely observe the government and report the facts"

Sums it all up beautifully at the end of the day really.

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2023, 04:49:46 PM »
After reading all the above - maybe some time for some laughs?

Some reasonably famous joker ( like a movie star who moved into politics ) some time back once said

"I don't tell jokes. I merely observe the government and report the facts"

Sums it all up beautifully at the end of the day really.

I do believe that might have been Will Rogers Sr. back in the 1920's or 30's. And what he said back then is even more on point today!!
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.
Tags:

Advertise Here