General control line discussion > Open Forum

It has come to my attention

<< < (2/14) > >>

Brett Buck:
        I am not sure what you are talking about ("FEDBOOK" = facebook?) and I don't subscribe to any other sites. But the existence of other sites or other venues does not threaten this one. It is not a zero-sum game - alternate forums are *in addition* to this one, not instead of. If they do well it has approximately zero affect on you. Me, and everyone else, it going to access SH just as often as they did before. Same was true about SSW, it was not a threat or competitor.

You can only control what you do, not what everyone else does, and you are doing a very good thing here. Don't lose sight of that.

Brett

Gerald Arana:

Good morning from deep in the woods of Californication. (we're getting sc.....had)
The time and energy that you put into hosting this most excellent Control Line University is most appreciated by the many and not the few.

Ditto! Jerry

Brent Williams:
If you want to keep people here on Stunthanger, curtail the political rhetoric. 
Curtail all the political rhetoric. 
Left, Right, Republican, Democrat, just put a stop to the conversations.  You have lost a LOT of good people to  Phacebook because of the political crap.  It's your sandbox Sparky, so you get to make the rules.  However, you too, are subject to the consequences of the culture you create here.  I come here solely for model airplane info and hold my nose while sifting through all the culture war and politics crap to see if there is anything to look at that is model related.  So, you can enjoy your shrinking echo chamber, or you can moderate and hope to repair the holes you have left open in your ship.

john e. holliday:
I hope I'm not one of those because I stated what I saw on FB when I asked to join the PAMPA group.  I still like this site and consider Stunt Hanger my go to site.  I visit the gallery to see the planes.  I also go the different sections on this forum as I still or would like to fly the different events  .Also if I didn't think this site was worth it I would quit sending in my small donation to keep it going.  When I look at posts I can see who has donated and who hasn't.  Those that don't donate I have low respect for. D>K S?P

RC Storick:

--- Quote from: Brent Williams on March 30, 2023, 10:20:18 AM ---If you want to keep people here on Stunthanger, curtail the political rhetoric. 
Curtail all the political rhetoric. 
Left, Right, Republican, Democrat, just put a stop to the conversations.  You have lost a LOT of good people to  Phacebook because of the political crap.  It's your sandbox Sparky, so you get to make the rules.  However, you too, are subject to the consequences of the culture you create here.  I come here solely for model airplane info and hold my nose while sifting through all the culture war and politics crap to see if there is anything to look at that is model related.  So, you can enjoy your shrinking echo chamber, or you can moderate and hope to repair the holes you have left open in your ship.

--- End quote ---

And they can stay there. This place is just like TV only watch the channels you like. Do you call the News stations when they post BS? nope. I post so few subjects that may offend a few, you don't get the big picture I guess. I can name the few who from the start have tried to undermine this site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version