News:

• May 13, 2024, 07:40:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is the 'fun' still in C/L for you? Read on and comment.  (Read 8418 times)

Offline Bill Little

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Is the 'fun' still in C/L for you? Read on and comment.
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2011, 08:24:31 AM »
Yeah, Jim, what Doc said.  And you don't have enough planes......

LL~ LL~

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2011, 04:59:47 PM »
Quote from Coach Little - "Fun, on the other hand, does NOT require ANY "accomplishment"!  It is the "play" side of things."
Boy, Coach, does this ever describe my competition flying!!!!!!  Especially the first part!!!!!  I guess that's why I have so much fun at contests. LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~
Will
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Chuck Feldman

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2011, 04:55:07 AM »
Oh Wow  Check out Mr. Kraft's hobby room. All those rafters to hang stuff from and the heating ducts, the whole thing. Once when I lived in Southern NJ I had a house that had a basement. We called it the cellar however. It was divided into two sections and one part was where the heater was along with the laundry and water heater. The other half was mine!!!!!!! I miss it. Concrete slab house's are nice but there is no room. There also is no attic. Alas I am just to old now to move or build again. Flying will be more fun shortly as I am on the Bi-slob today.
Chuck Feldman
AMA 15850

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2011, 05:03:14 AM »
Honestly I have alot of fun Flying stunt. = But i know what you mean
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2011, 08:46:24 AM »
In some areas of this great country you can't find a home with a cellar/basement.  I think the desert areas is one.    H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2011, 10:26:19 AM »
Here is my take on the hobby lately.  I am either building a plane to fly in a contest, or trimming/practising for a contest, or flying in a contest, or finally judging in a contest.  I like to build, but the rest is beginning to be a test my ability to have fun.  I like the VSC contest very much, but I like if for the fun of seeing friends that I only get to see once a year.  The flying at VSC is something I do, but don't always enjoy.  When I flew R/C we had fun fly, and yes they were fun, control line stunt does not seem to lend itself to fun fly.  The club I belong to is trying to add some fun fly to our schedule, but truth is not many people show up.  At least not compared to the contests.  The last contest I attended I left quite down, I lost a plane that was intended for VSC.  The reason I lost it was fatigue.  I had stood in the son all day judging while trying to get some contest flights in.  I had total brain fade while flying and a plane was lost. 

Don't know if I will ever fly and judge in the same day again.  :(
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2011, 06:24:15 PM »
In some areas of this great country you can't find a home with a cellar/basement.  I think the desert areas is one.    H^^

That's cause a pre-tensioned slab will "float" on the usual SW sandy soil when the tectonic plates shift.
don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2011, 06:17:13 AM »
In some areas of this great country you can't find a home with a cellar/basement.  I think the desert areas is one.    H^^
I'm fixing to build a 12' by 24' shop, closer to my Flying Field....and move all my stuff out there. Including my computer, my TV, and a super single roll-away bed. I'm thinking about setting it on log skids, just in case of a flood! ;D
John Stiles             Tulip, Ar.

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2011, 08:36:55 AM »
I'm just showing you the good side. I have several more planes now, and the other side of the shop, and my back bedroom building room are a "mess". I really need to stop and clean up. Just a few more projects to get done before I do that.  LL~  The only time I clean off my building bench, is when I start a new plane, and then only enough to make room for the plans. I am a sick sick modeler. But I know there must be others like me. It is a comforting thought anyway. You will have to excuse me. I was just going through my plan stash, and found one I just have to build. Hmmm! I know my band saw is over here somwhere.
Jim Kraft

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2011, 04:30:27 PM »
I'm just showing you the good side. I have several more planes now, and the other side of the shop, and my back bedroom building room are a "mess". I really need to stop and clean up. Just a few more projects to get done before I do that.  LL~  The only time I clean off my building bench, is when I start a new plane, and then only enough to make room for the plans. I am a sick sick modeler. But I know there must be others like me. It is a comforting thought anyway. You will have to excuse me. I was just going through my plan stash, and found one I just have to build. Hmmm! I know my band saw is over here somwhere.
Exactly! LL~ ;D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 05:42:15 AM by John Stiles »

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2011, 09:09:19 PM »
(snip) The only time I clean off my building bench, is when I start a new plane, and then only enough to make room for the plans. I am a sick sick modeler. But I know there must be others like me. It is a comforting thought anyway. You will have to excuse me. I was just going through my plan stash, and found one I just have to build. Hmmm! I know my band saw is over here somwhere.

Hi Jim,

Were we twins separated at birth?????  LOL!!!!!!!!!

I have a full size 4'X8' pool table covered in 3/8th" thick glass as my "main" building table, 16' of counters with cabinets, a 4'X4' table built into/under the basement stairwell, and a roll out tool chest with Styrofoam foam added to the top to push pins in, to "build on".  I can easily build 3 "full size stunt" wings at *one time*.  Problem is, I only have maybe 3' of usable area at any ONE TIME! LL~

I am building the Airon, with the help of Allen B., and Jim Vornholt, the original builder, with hopes of it getting into FM's "Classic Series of articles.  The greatest cause of anxiety of the whole project, for me, has been getting the table cleaned up to take pictures! LOL!!

yes, I guess it is a sickness.......

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2011, 05:43:59 AM »
Hi Jim,

Were we twins separated at birth?????  LOL!!!!!!!!!

I have a full size 4'X8' pool table

Big Bear
Get that mess cleaned up, I'll be on over for some 8-ball. You like bottled beer or cans! ;D

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2011, 07:33:48 AM »
Get that mess cleaned up, I'll be on over for some 8-ball. You like bottled beer or cans! ;D

LOL!!!!!!  The table was trash, as far as plying on it.  Some NY relatives' kids that married into the Missus's family tore up the felt.....  didn't recover it.

If I break the "diabetes diet", I'll take either! LOL!!!!!!
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Don Hutchinson AMA5402

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2011, 10:19:33 AM »
I played the game with no pockets. Can't find a three cushion billiard table anywhere in Fort Worth now! Would love to try one of the heated tables.
Don

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2011, 10:25:47 AM »
I played the game with no pockets. Can't find a three cushion billiard table anywhere in Fort Worth now! Would love to try one of the heated tables.
Don

Hi Don,

My "billiards" participation took off while in college.  We would have to be on campus well before the "regular" students (didn't seem like we ever "left" campus! LOL!!) and the Student Union would be open with a dozen or so tables.  What time we had between sleeping, meals, meetings and practice was usually spent there. ;D

TBF is in the "planning stages"!  :o  y1  #^

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2011, 04:45:13 PM »
For awhile, pool was my only income! ;D

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here