News:

• May 10, 2024, 03:56:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Information on New Kit, the LA10 - a KA10 look alike  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Information on New Kit, the LA10 - a KA10 look alike
« on: August 19, 2016, 04:08:39 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 07:37:44 AM by Mike Griffin »

Offline NED-088

• Commander
    • Heartstrings
Re: Information on KA10 New Kit
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 07:22:10 AM »
Just one question, has Anatoly Kolesnikov authorized this kit?
There must be a reason why the original plans are not available......

Update:
This question is a moot point now, as Mike has clarified his position so clearly.
All I want to -and feel I should- do now is wishing him good luck in the realisation of this project.
And I am curious too, as I'm working on improvements on my first version as well.
But that might take another year to materialize, we'll see...... ;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 01:00:21 PM by NED-088 »
'If you think there's something about my English, you're right. I'm Dutch... '
But I DO play Stunt and I DO fly Bluegrass.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 09:30:04 AM »

Not sure why this would be brought up. The plane has been in the public domain for ages. ::)
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 09:41:23 AM »

WHO CARES ?     D>K    H^^

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 09:57:44 AM »
Although, Mike had better be careful. Spetnatz has had a reputation for making people who kit old Russian stunt designs suddenly disappear.  LL~
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline NED-088

• Commander
    • Heartstrings
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 12:27:52 PM »
Not sure why this would be brought up. The plane has been in the public domain for ages. ::)
And that has been authorized by Mr. Kolesnikov? Should be found on the plan, if not.......

WHO CARES?
I do.
As it seems -but I hope you are pulling my leg-, honesty belongs not to your core values.
How would you qualify anyone kitting -for example- Randy Smith's designs without having Randy's unmistakeable permission?
In that case, 'Who cares' would not be in my book too. Or are we talking different standards here?

Kolesnikov always has been friendly and good mannered to me, obviously ignoring any risks connected to speaking with foreigners. That makes him brave too, in my book.
I'd like to see him rewarded for his efforts in succesfully creating such a magnificent model.
That's why I -don't get me wrong- applaud Mike's initiative. Though I'd rather see the real KA-10 re created.
A lookalike is what I've got already, therefore I haven't named it KA-10. Just because it isn't. Nor is anything built from the Dixon plan or anything else that was put together through guesswork.

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 12:57:48 PM »
Good points NED-088.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Lauri Malila

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 01:05:28 PM »
If I were you, I would get in touch with Kolesnikov via Yuriy Yatsenko. He is a little tricky with emails, if you want I can help with that. It would be nice to have a KA-10 that really is KA-10, I might even buy one..

Lauri

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 02:11:15 PM »
OK guys, you are correct.  You are absolutely right there was only ONE real KA10 and that was the one built by Kolesnikov himself.  THe rest were replicas and that is what this kit is, a replica of the KA10.  I tried, through a contact I had who in turn had contacts in Russia, to get in touch with Mr. Kolesnikov and we were not able to find him.  We were also not able through some correspondence to find any formal plan of the KA10 drawn by Kolesnikiv.   However, if any of you know how to reach him, please message me with an email address for him and I will be more than happy to try again.  I know that Dixons plan was not accurate also.

Eric Rule and I did the best we could with the information we had to work with.  Pat Johnston had also done the KA5 and I have a plan of that and I am sure that was not a Kolesnikov original either but it is a fine looking model..

Anyway, if anyone can help me with getting in touch with Mr. Kolesnikov, let me know and I will try and reach him again.

Mike

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 07:20:44 AM »

Ned

There are currently two replica kits available on the market right now of the KA10.  One is the Dixon kit you mentioned and the other is a short kit produced by a company in Texas.  I have a question for you, did you contact them and ask if they got permission from Mr. Kolesnikov to produce their kits? 

Mike

Offline NED-088

• Commander
    • Heartstrings
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 01:09:18 PM »
Ned

There are currently two replica kits available on the market right now of the KA10.  One is the Dixon kit you mentioned and the other is a short kit produced by a company in Texas.  I have a question for you, did you contact them and ask if they got permission from Mr. Kolesnikov to produce their kits?  

Mike
No, as I didn't know there were kits at all. I would, if they'd advertized on this forum.
Good luck on your recreation of this wonderful model! (missing the 'thumbs up' emoticon here)
By the way, there are several -more than one- original KA-10s.
Anatoli made several, including the 1988 with the CAP-21ish fin, the red 1990/91 model that you have the picture of and a pair of blue ones and at least one for French pilot Gerard Billon in the french tricouleure.
He was the one that explained that the model was not entirely in-line, but that the wing its a few mm below the engine-stab axis.

All the best, Bruno.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:39:39 AM by NED-088 »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here