News:

• April 19, 2024, 12:58:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Indoor electric control line  (Read 9060 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Indoor electric control line
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2022, 11:16:55 AM »
The last couple of nights I have thought not only stunt, but scale flying.  There are a lot of ARF/RTF scale planes out there that could be flown indoors by eliminating the elevator servo and putting in a bell crank.  Belt mounted transmitter for all the other functions.  I think the throttle control would make it easy for and old man like me.  Plus, I think you would get more spectator appeal. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Mark wood

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • I'm here purely for the fun of it.
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2022, 06:54:54 AM »
As I previously mentioned our local club, Wichihawks, has been working on some indoor GeeBees. I thought I'd share some build photos. We now have three airplanes ready to fly and we found out the venue is booked until late February which has an obstacle in the floor which needs t o remain until then.  Bummer.... So, we are looking for a new place to fly. In the mean time we have elected to build another airplane which is going to be a knock off of the Travel Air Mystery Ship. The Travel Air company was a local company here is Wichita Kansas and competed with the Granville Brothers. Both Matt and I are fans of the  Mystery Ship and therefore, it is selected as next up. If you aren't aware of the development of this airplane it is an interesting read. They pretty did it the way many of us build our models. They started by drawing the plans on the floor of the shop with chalk. 
Life is good AMA 1488
Why do we fly? We are practicing, you might say, what it means to be alive...  -Richard Bach
“Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.” – Richard P. Feynman

Offline Mark wood

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2022, 06:56:24 AM »
Because the photos are too large here's some more.

Yes, lots of airplane noises being made..............

We're having fun.
Life is good AMA 1488
Why do we fly? We are practicing, you might say, what it means to be alive...  -Richard Bach
“Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.” – Richard P. Feynman

Offline Mark wood

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2022, 07:01:39 AM »
Yet more.
Life is good AMA 1488

Offline Mark wood

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2022, 07:02:16 AM »
Almost ready to fly.
Life is good AMA 1488

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here