News:

• May 08, 2024, 03:29:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Claus Maikis venturi tables  (Read 4279 times)

Offline George Albo

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Claus Maikis venturi tables
« on: December 21, 2015, 12:13:12 PM »
I'd like a copy of the Claus Maikis venturi tables.  If anyone has them, could you please post it or PM me.

Thanks.

George Albo

Pp.
I had a previous question with regards to venturi size for the Evolution .36 C/L.  If anyone is interested for themselves, I got my answer here:
http://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/evolution-36-venturi-base-size/?wap2

Evolution .36 venturi base size

(1/1)

Steven Kientz:
I have searched HH website to no avail. I'm trying to determine the base size of the venturi on the Evo .36. I would like to see if I can retrofit that venturi to a GMS .25 or .32. The ST.51 venturi(13mm) will fit but the throat(7mm) maybe to large. If someone knows the size or could measure it I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Steve

Dave Adamisin:
Hi Steve. 7mm is a good plae to start with the 4mm (0.155") dia spray bar. This is the classic os 35-S, fp40 vent size and spraybar combo. It should work well on suction or mp.

Larrys4227:
Steven - The base size of the Evo36 venturi's is .513

FlySafe!  Larry (Larrys4227)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 04:35:42 PM by George Albo »
Darkness is dispelled with acts of kindness and selfless good deeds.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Claus Maikis venturi tables
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 06:55:38 PM »
It's on his site. Dinner beckons...  y1 Steve

http://www.clacro.de/

Edit: Look on the "Design" page. Dinner's over with...mmmmm, gooood. Biscuits and chicken tortilla soup. Nummmm.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 08:06:21 PM by Steve Helmick »
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 09:05:19 PM »

Offline George Albo

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 10:37:09 AM »
It's on his site. Dinner beckons...  y1 Steve

http://www.clacro.de/

Edit: Look on the "Design" page. Dinner's over with...mmmmm, gooood. Biscuits and chicken tortilla soup. Nummmm.

Thanks. Good stuff on his site.

Offline George Albo

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 10:38:10 AM »
Lots of good basic info on that site, thanks.

MM

Thank you. Good stuff in there!

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 07:27:31 AM »

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 12:04:55 PM »
Looks like Claus has let his site pass on into history. That's a shame, IMO.  D>K Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline George Albo

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 04:31:34 PM »

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 10:31:27 PM »
It would take a  little work, but you could do this in  Excel , and could input your own sizes,  just need someone who knows  excel and would do it

Randy

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 10:40:56 PM »
It would take a  little work, but you could do this in  Excel , and could input your own sizes,  just need someone who knows  excel and would do it

Randy

Absolutely impossible, all those equations make my head swim. I didn't sign up to get a math lesson. Besides, the only good engine (Fox 35) has a fixed venturi, so why would you even need such a thing?

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 06:33:47 AM »
   Absolutely impossible, all those equations make my head swim. I didn't sign up to get a math lesson. Besides, the only good engine (Fox 35) has a fixed venturi, so why would you even need such a thing?

Well that makes it easy to understand . . .
Thanks for the clarity

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 07:30:50 AM »
Well that makes it easy to understand . . .
Thanks for the clarity

You're welcome, hope that helps.  All those stupid eggheads are ruining stunt with all their formulas and science crap.

All you need is a Nobler kit, a Fox 35, and 10 cases of Testor's 39. See your local hobby dealer.

Brettt

Offline Dietmar Morbitzer

• New Pilot
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 02:23:10 PM »
  You're welcome, hope that helps.  All those stupid eggheads are ruining stunt with all their formulas and science crap.

All you need is a Nobler kit, a Fox 35, and 10 cases of Testor's 39. See your local hobby dealer.

Brettt

Dear control line pilots all over the world,
Iwant to say that Claus is not ruining control line. He is a well known airplane designer and builder
with excelent knowledge and building skills. He wrote countless articles about control line in model magazines than anybody else
I know. I mean the real big magazines about model airplanes including RC, also. He designed also a lot of beginner and intermidiate
planes, build them and fly them with the younger pilots. He influenced a decade of control line fliers.
He is a real BOM man and did not buy a wing here a fuse there and a paintjob somewere else....
Claus build always his F2B planes only once, development and innovaition counts more to him than a save standstill.
Claus has done more for control line than other experts will reach in 100 years.
By the way, I meet Claus last weekend when he judget the international German Championship.
He is still fine and serve our hobby as allways.
Sorry,  but this must be said by a man who stands with both feed in life. If I missunderstood your critic I'm sorry too.
Dietmar Morbitzer

Eric Viglione

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 02:52:04 PM »
Iwant to say that Claus is not ruining control line. He is a well known airplane designer and builder
with excelent knowledge and building skills. He wrote countless articles about control line in model magazines than anybody else
I know. I mean the real big magazines about model airplanes including RC, also. He designed also a lot of beginner and intermidiate
planes, build them and fly them with the younger pilots. He influenced a decade of control line fliers.
He is a real BOM man and did not buy a wing here a fuse there and a paintjob somewere else....
Claus build always his F2B planes only once, development and innovaition counts more to him than a save standstill.
Claus has done more for control line than other experts will reach in 100 years.
By the way, I meet Claus last weekend when he judget the international German Championship.
Sorry,  but this must be said by a man who stands with both feed in life. If I missunderstood your critic I'm sorry too.
Dietmar Morbitzer

Yes, you totally misunderstood Brett's sarcasm...and the worksheet he posted... Brett is somewhat of an egghead himself, even though he has one of those "on the government dole" jobs like senior dog catcher, SAT Orbit positioning dude, Fox .15 hurler, Gwenneth Paltrow's stunt double, or something along those lines, I forget which. 
Unfortunately, the internet is a poor medium for conveying levity or sarcasm, as anyone who has read one of my posts would know.
EricV

Offline Dietmar Morbitzer

• New Pilot
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 03:06:20 PM »
Hi Eric,
thank you very much for your clarification,
I thing I understand.
Best regards
Dietmar morbitzer

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 03:25:37 PM »
Sorry,  but this must be said by a man who stands with both feed in life. If I missunderstood your critic I'm sorry too.
Dietmar Morbitzer

Hi Dietmar

Brett was actually taking a shot and me and also I suspect himself as he is a very intelligent and self deprecating sort.

I can’t speak for Brett “the world champion Fox 15 hurler” myself but I am sure he also has great respect for Claus.

I am a huge fan of Claus personally and I am very glad to hear that he still able to be involved in the sport despite his self explained health issues. I was sad to see his site gone (the reason for my post above) so I have republished it as it contained a great many useful details explained in a very straightforward and easy to understand way.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 11:50:34 PM »

Claus is a great modeler and a fine man.

I was mocking myself, and some of the people who respond with anger whenever I or anyone else posts anything that looks like math. You can determine that by the fact that I posted a screen shot of *my own* venturi calculation spreadsheet.

Brett

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 02:37:05 PM »
  Claus is a great modeler and a fine man.

I was mocking myself, and some of the people who respond with anger whenever I or anyone else posts anything that looks like math. You can determine that by the fact that I posted a screen shot of *my own* venturi calculation spreadsheet.

Brett

AS YOU SHOULD BE !     imagine  trying to  bring  science and logic into model airplane  flying ..   go sit in the corner  , with your tin foil hat on, for 2 hours  as  your  penance  !!     The nerve  of some people      n1 LL~ LL~

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 05:44:06 PM »

AS YOU SHOULD BE !     imagine  trying to  bring  science and logic into model airplane  flying ..   go sit in the corner  , with your tin foil hat on, for 2 hours  as  your  penance  !!     The nerve  of some people      n1 LL~ LL~

Hah! I wear my tin foil hat ALL THE TIME - thought you had me there, huh?

Brett

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here