News:

• May 02, 2024, 01:00:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ice And Electricity Don't Jibe  (Read 768 times)

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
Ice And Electricity Don't Jibe
« on: January 29, 2009, 08:38:11 AM »
Hope everybody has their electricity back today....s'posed to warm up this afternoon! H^^
John Stiles             Tulip, Ar.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Ice And Electricity Don't Jibe
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 09:19:02 AM »
Internet says middle of next week for some areas.  Sister-in-law in Arlington Texas said offices closed because of bad weather.  News says 4 inches of ice in Missouri, Arkansas and was told by pastor that there was 3 inches of ice in Oklahoma.   I see Kentucky got hit hard also.  And the nor-west complained about their little snow fall.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Lee Thiel

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 10:04:26 AM »
Wasn't all that much here in Tulsa, Doc.  Maybe a couple of inches, but got worse further East. Only the lame called in for not coming to work.  I left home 10 minutes early and got there 10 minutes earlier than usual. Streets are for the most part clear, ice is falling of the trees now.  Sounds like hail coming down. Just picked up a load of firewood, so we can keep the ole den warm.  See you this summer at the Triathlon and Mirror Meet.
Lee TGD
AMA791773CD

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 10:23:39 AM »
Drove Pat to work yesterday and the day before, today she decided to brave it. Some time ago she totaled a car on ice and has been deathly afraid to drive when it's slick. Pretty proud of her, she is working on overcoming her fear. Wasn't very long ago she wouldn't have even left the drive today because the road up to the highway is still ice covered..

Should all melt off today.. Was in the shop and thought I was being bombarded when ice started falling off the trees onto that tin roof  %^@

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 01:06:45 PM »
One gal lost control of her car yesterday down here, and she was waiting for help to come, when a tanker truck lost control and smashed into her car, killing her and setting both vehicles ablaze. There's never any reason for trying to drive on ice.....always reasons to protect your life and that of others. Stay safe all y'all......I get real sad when I hear tragic stories.....specially when kids are involved!  :-[
John Stiles             Tulip, Ar.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here