News:

• May 02, 2024, 11:03:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stunt Judge Training workshop  (Read 620 times)

Offline GERALD WIMMER

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
    • Auckland Free Flight Club
Stunt Judge Training workshop
« on: November 10, 2020, 02:12:42 PM »
Hello

Here in New Zealand we tend to rely on a few people to judge all our contests which places a lot of pressure on few people especially our top judge Karen Barnes.
To create a new pool of quality judges Kevin Barnes took on the task of writing guidelines for judging and running a workshop with practice judging of individual maneuvers and patterns. Kevin felt the homework he set along with the workshop was very successful in getting more consistent scoring and a better understanding by all participants.
David Ackery did most of the flying putting up many flights of just specific parts of the pattern aided by a few patterns by myself and my brother Karl.
My son Otto was one of the trainee judges along with my wife Alina and sister-in-law Irma. We had Don Robinson along as an experienced judge sitting in and  John Carrodus and John McGregor who were also keen to fill out those scoresheets.
My 90 year old Dad came along and enjoyed watching the proceedings for his wheelchair too.

Massey Primary school in West Auckland was very accommodating of us using their facilities .

Regards Gerald

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: Stunt Judge Training workshop
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 02:23:33 PM »
Good deal.
The whole world could use more and better judges.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here