News:

• April 16, 2024, 08:17:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I'm reaching Here. EAA Guys Antique Airplane.  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
I'm reaching Here. EAA Guys Antique Airplane.
« on: December 31, 2017, 04:12:11 PM »
April 2004 Vintage Airplane.

Anyone have this issue?

CB
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline jim gevay

• Lieutenant
Re: I'm reaching Here. EAA Guys Antique Airplane.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 07:31:37 AM »
I know I have it, I'd have to find it in the pile and dig it out. What did you want to know?

https://issuu.com/vintageeaa/docs/va-vol-32-no-4-april-2004

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 08:48:34 AM »
I know I have it, I'd have to find it in the pile and dig it out. What did you want to know?

https://issuu.com/vintageeaa/docs/va-vol-32-no-4-april-2004

Jim,

Hello and Happy New Year! I survived.

I scratch built the Sikorski S-39 from RCM plans probably early 90's. I did the thing done up as the cover which was the Varney Air Charter, blue and white.

I plan on doing the model over but with the giraffe scheme this time. I need as much information on that as I can get.

That issue has stuff.

Thanks

Charles

If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Offline jim gevay

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 10:36:54 AM »
Here's kind of a so so video. Just Google Sikorsky S-39 for more photos and links to other sites.

http://www.airminded.net/sikorsky1/s39.html

http://www.spiritofigor.com/photo.html

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 11:14:10 AM »
Here's kind of a so so video. Just Google Sikorsky S-39 for more photos and links to other sites.

http://www.airminded.net/sikorsky1/s39.html

http://www.spiritofigor.com/photo.html

Jim,

I have a good deal of that. I'm looking for stills. I can read that article on line but the photos won't download.

Charles

Offline jim gevay

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 04:57:17 PM »
Well... I could e-mail you scans of the photos in the article tomorrow, once I find it, if that works.
Send me a message with your e-mail, I won't put my e-mail out on the web for everyone to see.

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 11:32:35 PM »
Aviojet,
I see about 200 stills when I Google Sikorsky S-39, then push "images". That will get one a lot of still images.
Chris...

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 08:04:29 AM »
Aviojet,
I see about 200 stills when I Google Sikorsky S-39, then push "images". That will get one a lot of still images.
Chris...

Chris,

Thank you, I do have a bunch of images with the giraffe scheme in a file which I found on line. The EAA Magazine has images I've never seen and a great article.

My S-39 has been dormant for 15 years or better, so I'm in no hurry. I do have a few models to finish before the S-39.

Thanks again.

CB

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 12:48:31 PM »
.... I'm in no hurry. I do have a few models to finish before the S-39.

;D  Hummmm  ???!  This seriously "tweaked" my interest  :D !!  My pile o' balsa is callin' me  %^@!!  Don't let me finish one before you!  LL~

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 01:11:29 PM »
;D  Hummmm  ???!  This seriously "tweaked" my interest  :D !!  My pile o' balsa is callin' me  %^@!!  Don't let me finish one before you!  LL~

Jim,

Build one! I built mine in the early 90's. I've been looking for the plans but cannot find them. I may have given them away?

The model calls for the Goldberg Cub wing kit. That was fine by me because I hate building wings.

It's wasn't an easy build, but that was the early 90's, today I would find the build more difficult.  n~

As I said, mine was for R/C. I'll do the redo for CL.

DO A BUILD!!

CB

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 04:32:59 PM »
The FW44J made the trip to Oskosh just once, 1992 as I remember.  An adventure --to say the least!

Here I am with one of my infrequent smiles.
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Guy Markham

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 04:41:22 PM »
Wow! Floyd, look at the "Fonzie" Hair  style <= Thanks for posting, any details???
You only have to floss the teeth you want to keep!

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 04:47:23 PM »
The FW44J made the trip to Oskosh just once, 1992 as I remember.  An adventure --to say the least!

Here I am with one of my infrequent smiles.

Floyd,

Vintage aircraft are great!

What an adventure. Good for you.

CB

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 05:55:58 PM »
The f.W.44 during complete restoration.  (I'm the skinny fellow)_

Note I'm using modeler pins to attach the ply sheeting.  No nails.

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 06:02:09 PM »
All finished on the day of test flight.  (cold day at Watsonville, CA)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here