News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:21:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to edit a vedio?  (Read 983 times)

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
How to edit a vedio?
« on: March 09, 2021, 02:41:28 PM »
I have shot a video of an aircraft flight.  It was made on a tripod  and has lots of dead time.  Is there an easy way to trim out the unwanted portions.  Perhaps an easy to use free soft ware  program?    ???     ???    n~
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Fred Underwood

• Captain
Re: How to edit a vedio?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 03:10:41 PM »
What movie format and camera, and what computer operating system?

If you put it in Windows 10, this work well and is in Win 10.

https://www.joyoshare.com/video-cutting/trim-videos-on-windows-10.html#:~:text=Cut/Trim%20Videos%20on%20Windows%2010%20without%20Losing%20Quality,stay%20in%20the%20trimming%20window;%20More%20items...

You might trim within the camera software.
Fred

Offline Peter Nevai

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
    • C3EL
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 07:40:21 PM »
To best answer your question we need to know what format the video is in? VHS, S/VHS, 8mm, Hi8 mm, Beta, etc. This tells us what sort of video capture hardware you need to get the Video onto a computer. The we need to know if you are using a PC or a MAC, desktop or laptop so we know what software is needed. you may be able to edit using the camera but that wholly depends on the camera. Sorry there is no one size fits all for this sort of thing.
Words Spoken by the first human to set foot on Mars... "Now What?"

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 04:18:40 PM »
  I settled on Video Pad video editor.   I am using a Nikon 610 as the video camera.  It creates files with a .MOV file name extension.   Video Pad sucks this format right in.  So far all I have learned to do cut segments and splice them together.  I am sure it does much more but I am a slow learner when it comes to computer apps.  It has an upload to You Tube that is easy to use.  So all is good. Thanks for your replies.    y1    y1     y1
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Peter Nevai

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
    • C3EL
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 04:30:40 PM »
I am not familiar with vudeopad, so I cannot comment on additional features. Video editing apps often allow for special video editing effects like transitions and modifying video characteristics like color balance, sharpening, lighting correction , etc. Others also allow for adjusting audio, audio dubbing and other tasks. You will just have to invest un a learning curve to get the most out of the application, to determine whearher the app is good enough for what you want or if you need something with more horse power.

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 03:15:35 AM »
I am not familiar with vudeopad, so I cannot comment on additional features. Video editing apps often allow for special video editing effects like transitions and modifying video characteristics like color balance, sharpening, lighting correction , etc. Others also allow for adjusting audio, audio dubbing and other tasks. You will just have to invest un a learning curve to get the most out of the application, to determine whearher the app is good enough for what you want or if you need something with more horse power.

I don't think I will ever become a big fancy video producer.  My original intent was to trim out dead time from a tripod mounted camera and export the video to You Tube.  I have gotten this much done with the Video Pad video editor. Video Pad seems to be feature rich and I can see where it can become addictive to keep learning how to ----------  ~^    LL~
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 02:11:46 PM »
Hope you get it all figured out.  I have several video cameras and have only gotten some stuff recorded.  Only way I cam watch the video is to put the card in the computer.  The instructions is the hardest part as it is such small print.  Have tried to print the instructions in a larger size when the printer works  The family is not much help either. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Atilano Suarez

• New Pilot
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2021, 01:29:07 PM »
You may like to try Canva (https://www.canva.com]

Offline Peter Nevai

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
    • C3EL
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 07:30:16 PM »
Hope you get it all figured out.  I have several video cameras and have only gotten some stuff recorded.  Only way I cam watch the video is to put the card in the computer.  The instructions is the hardest part as it is such small print.  Have tried to print the instructions in a larger size when the printer works  The family is not much help either. D>K

Hi John, I am surprised that the camera does not have a video out port where you can connect the camera directly to the TV, most do. Otherwise there are several other ways to view on your TV, it all depends on the equipment you have. One thing that would be required would be a fairly late model Smart TV or video streaming device that can be connected to the TV such as a ROKU, Amazon Firestick, Apple TV or similar. You can then upload the video to youtube from your PC and then watch the uploaded Youtube video via your smart TV, Roku, or other streaming device that supports Youtube videos. Or depending on your TV you can stream directly from your PC to your TV using DLNA or the google streaming app. If you send me the make and model of your camera, PC and TV I can provide more specific instructions.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here