News:

• April 25, 2024, 03:39:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How early motel reservation for Nats  (Read 936 times)

Offline Joe Ed Pederson

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
How early motel reservation for Nats
« on: September 17, 2018, 01:38:03 PM »
Lord willing, I plan on going to the Nats next year for the CL stunt events.  How early do you need to make motel reservations?

Couldn't find the dates for the 2019 Nats on AMA website.  Are the CL stunt events always the 2nd week in July as it was this year?  I hope to fly beginner or Intermediate according to how I progress.  And I want to watch the top fliers.

Thanks,
Joe Ed Pederson

Offline Joe Ed Pederson

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
Re: How early motel reservation for Nats
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 05:15:54 PM »
Jo Ed you obviously need the dates and I don’t think we will get those till after the first of the year.  I usually enter as soon as it opens for entry and set the motel up at the same time.  It seems like around the beginning of March.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

By the way, "Jo" is the feminine form of the name.   I had an aunt Jo Nell.  The masculine form is "Joe."  No offense taken.

Joe Ed

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 06:46:07 PM »
The CL NATS was move for this year because the FAI scheduled a World Championships the usual week.  Last year it started on July 16, the third Sunday.  It's likely to be move back to that time slot, but wait for the official announcement.
phil Cartier

Offline Joe Ed Pederson

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 07:38:25 AM »
Thanks, Phil.   Knowing that the third Sunday is a possible starting date is very useful since there is a possibility I could be a delegate to a convention that same week (third week of July 2019).  I'll work at getting one of the other guys to be the delegate just in case the CL Stunt part of the Nats is the third week of July 2019.

Joe Ed

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: How early motel reservation for Nats- Update Iron Man race in Muncie. July
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 08:07:41 PM »
This is on another thread, but there is an Iron Man race in Muncie July 13 and 14th.  There are virtually no hotels available "nearby".  Mon-Sat of the week plenty are available.
phil Cartier

Offline JHildreth

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 10:09:25 PM »
Joe Ed

Make your reservations immediately and ask for the AMA discount.  The control line dates (14 July through 20 July 2019) were posted by Dave Trible (Subject title: 2019 Nats dates) on the second page of this forum.  There was another post (Subject title: 2019 Nats alert) by Allen Goff farther down under this thread concerning the Iron Man event, 13 and 14 July.

If you go to the Academy of Model Aeronautics web site, under Media Resources, click on Nats News on the left side of the screen.  In Nats News select the Forms/Docs tab at the top left.  Here are several documents relative to the 2018 Nats.  The information in those documents, except for the dates, is likely to be the same as for the upcoming 2019 Nats.  I thought that there was a list of hotels posted there as well, but I couldn't find it.

Don't wait!

Joe

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 07:27:13 AM »
Yes don't wait to make reservations.  Do it today!  That Iron Man thing fills the hotels very quickly and the hotels smell blood in the water for that weekend and can really inflate prices.  If you miss getting in you may wind up staying miles out-even clear back to Indy-for the weekend then can move on in for the weekdays.  Most stay in the many motels on the McGalliard strip on the north side of the city.  Google the Ball State area and you will find the many choices.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 08:19:02 AM »
Rent an RV for the weekend.
John Rist
AMA 56277