News:

• April 19, 2024, 06:56:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tom Morris Mustang?  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Tom Morris Mustang?
« on: February 12, 2020, 08:13:09 AM »
Tom Morris offers a Mustang framed. The wing has a dihedral, I believe 1.125" at each tip? I'm not sure if it's both wing tips or just one?

Does anyone know if this is correct or what the true measurement is?

CB
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Online Don Jenkins

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Tom Morris Mustang?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 05:23:30 AM »
I have built and flown two. Both  wings have dihedral. I believe it was 1.25 at each tip. It is built in a jig, one side at a time.

Hey Chief! 

That's a great looking Mustang.  You do nice work!

Don

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 07:38:29 PM »
Ty: they fly great, don't they!  What did you use for an engine?

Here's mine.

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 06:37:56 AM »
Chris Fretz has been campaigning one.  I think he has an ST-51 on the nose.  It is the tapered thickness wing version.  I think that one is the better flying version.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 06:41:56 AM »
Thanks for the replies on that inch and an eighth.

Unfortunately, double checking my measurements and three views, I now see I need 2.5" on each tip for a scale appearance. Possibly 2.75".

I'm looking into it.

CB
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 10:42:38 AM »
Very little is prefabed.

Ty: was your fuselage prefabbed?  The ones we got from Tom had prefabbed fuselages and were well-shaped.  The wings were his typical "Millenium" design, and he had already put the leading and trailing edge pieces together.  Granted that wing has many more parts because it is sort-of like an I-beam wing using rib-strips, but it wasn't too hard to assemble using his wing-blocks.

We did ours as a club build and had Saturday building sessions to work on them.  Some of the guys who couldn't make the sessions had a hard time with the wing, but I think that most of ours got built.  We are a typical club with a variety of building and flying talents, so the building sessions were a help to those who weren't regular builders.

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 11:06:23 AM »
Still have it. 

Ty:

You should get a wing kit and rebuild!  Your Mustang was really good-looking!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here