News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:41:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: History of a 20 year old hanger queen  (Read 2827 times)

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
History of a 20 year old hanger queen
« on: July 20, 2021, 09:25:24 AM »
Here is the history of a 20 year old hanger queen.

Twenty years ago I built this Hi Johnson Spitfire for Tony Drago that was completely finished just after the 2001 Brodak event.

This model has changed hands 4 times but has resided with my son Walter III for the past 10 years.

This beauty has never had fuel in the tank, engine started or flown. My son Walter proudly hangs it on a wall of its own.

100% scratch built, adjustable lead outs, weight box, elev. horn access hatch and removeable landing gear. It sports a new never run
Double Star 50 and is finished with all Brodak dope.

The closest this came to a flying field was it was displayed at the 2001 Brodak's contest. It was also captured (viewed) and
commented by Windy on his 2001 Brodak's video .

Just thought I'd share
Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Offline gene poremba

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
Re: History of a 20 year old hanger queen
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 09:53:07 AM »
Beautiful looking Spitfire.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 10:23:46 AM »
Here is the history of a 20 year old hanger queen.

Twenty years ago I built this Hi Johnson Spitfire for Tony Drago that was completely finished just after the 2001 Brodak event.

This model has changed hands 4 times but has resided with my son Walter III for the past 10 years.

This beauty has never had fuel in the tank, engine started or flown. My son Walter proudly hangs it on a wall of its own.

100% scratch built, adjustable lead outs, weight box, elev. horn access hatch and removeable landing gear. It sports a new never run
Double Star 50 and is finished with all Brodak dope.

The closest this came to a flying field was it was displayed at the 2001 Brodak's contest. It was also captured (viewed) and
commented by Windy on his 2001 Brodak's video .

Just thought I'd share

Walter,

Aren't you afraid of being trolled because of that hanger queen?

Gee, I get trolled all the time because of my hanger queens.  LL~ LL~ LL~

Love you Walter.

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 05:10:20 PM »
Nice!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 07:57:45 PM »
Beautiful Ship Walter.

A Ferengi Pilot?
What the rule of aquisition that got him that ride?  LOL

CarlCisneros
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 08:09:47 PM »
Charles, Idont think you get trolled for that reason...

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 08:30:16 PM »
Charles, Idont think you get trolled for that reason...

By strict definition, no one has *ever* "trolled" Avaiojet, that is, posted something hoping he would respond. Quite the contrary, we keep hoping he will go away.

He's the one who trolls - witness this example, where out of the blue, he descends into a completely unrelated thread by a fine man about his excellent airplane, and posts, yet again with exactly zero content or contribution, trying to elicit comments about himself. He doesn't care one whit that nearly every response tells him to go away, or  worse, he delights in the attention, because he can convince himself that he is somehow engaged with the rest of us. Which, in a way, is true - much like a red, itchy, rash, that won't quite go away.

Brett

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 09:18:29 PM »
   By strict definition, no one has *ever* "trolled" Avaiojet, that is, posted something hoping he would respond. Quite the contrary, we keep hoping he will go away.

He's the one who trolls - witness this example, where out of the blue, he descends into a completely unrelated thread by a fine man about his excellent airplane, and posts, yet again with exactly zero content or contribution, trying to elicit comments about himself. He doesn't care one whit that nearly every response tells him to go away, or  worse, he delights in the attention, because he can convince himself that he is somehow engaged with the rest of us. Which, in a way, is true - much like a red, itchy, rash, that won't quite go away.

Brett

Precisely.  HB~>
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 06:04:37 AM »
Amen Brother Ben S?P
rad racer

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 06:42:24 AM »
Amen Brother Ben S?P

So,

"You" guys have never trolled me using the words "hanger queen." Either this or "you never fly your models."

You're like the MSM, none of you can tell the truth.

And besides, my guess is, and you guys do play to the members of the forum, they pretty much realize why you guys don't like me, and I'm good with that.

BTW. Please don't get the "so called" Vaccine. You'll live longer without it. And that's a fact.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2021, 07:07:35 AM »

You're like the MSM, none of you can tell the truth.

The best way to stop being "trolled" is to stop reacting to what you call "trolling".

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2021, 08:05:24 AM »
The best way to stop being "trolled" is to stop reacting to what you call "trolling".

Ken

Ken,

I think you're smart enough to know what's going on.

This "trolling" of Avaiojet go's way back to Stuka Stunt. that's 9 or 10 years.

And when their really hot under the collar, they'll muddy anyone's Thread to take a shot at Avaiojet. Many times.

And, this activity is never talked about properly.

Hypocrites to boot.

I've asked them many times to tell me why they started this? The smart know why.

Aren't these guys your friends?

Don't take the Vaccine!!

Offline George S

• 24 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2021, 09:15:29 AM »

Well said and VERY TRUE.

George S 

AMA 9385

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2021, 10:06:34 AM »

Well said and VERY TRUE.

Brett,

Fake News as usual coming from one of my most greatest admirers.

I simply replied to Walter, with a bit of amusement, because what I said is 100% accurate. What I said is true.

A pity new members have absolutely no idea what's taking place with these personal hate replies.

All you had to do was sit back and not reply, but unfortunately you're guilty of what I said. So are many others.

I've already said many times, you guys have accomplished your 10 year quest in getting Avaiojet blacklisted.

So, why respond to anything I say?

I can end a Thread simply by replying with something nice.  LL~

That's an accomplishment you guys gave me.

I suggest you put a hard piece of balsa between your teeth and bite hard when you read me. You know, like Tom Cruise did in that Mission Impossible bit when his wife electrocuted him.

Or simply Block me. I have many Blocked, I don't see the bad things they say about me, but I have them Blocked because what they offer is not worth reading.

Please don't get the Vaccine.

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2021, 10:33:26 AM »
Trying to steer this thread back to its original intent...

Hey Walter, that is a gorgeous bird!  I remember chatting with you about this. Have you given any though to cutting a kit (even a short kit) of it?
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2021, 04:50:10 PM »
1)  Walter, that is a beautiful model.   I would give it the full score of 20 points.

2)  AvioJERK,   Have you considered becoming an honorable person so others will have respect for you.  Long ago, I used to defend you when you got in these self caused dilemmas.  When you wasted my time telling me you would make memorial stickers for my late father and never did, that was it for me.   I'm telling you it does not matter what your ability is, until you learn to be honorable, you will be rejected.  ATTITUDE trumps APTITUDE. 

One by one, "hate speech."

I don't remember anything about your late dad? But you've told lies about me before.

There's no defense for a lie.

Reason the MSM and Liberal Democrat Communists are so successful.

The Country, which is America BTW, is in serious trouble, real serious trouble, and you guys remain the same.

Please don't take the Vaccine.

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2021, 04:57:49 PM »
Airplanes guys...seriously, please....focus on the airplanes.   ::)
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2021, 05:20:53 PM »
Charles doesn't know Walter, nor does he know that Walter has produced a BUNCH of models for others...all of which flew very well (some exceedingly well) because they were built LIGHT and STRAIGHT. Pretty, too. Walter is one of the most talented film covering guys that I have ever seen.

Walters stuff WORKS.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2021, 05:38:37 PM »
I too think Walter or his son should give the plane one last flight and maybe donate to a museum.  I also have several of Walters great kits,  some are still waiting to be built and flown. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2021, 05:43:21 AM »
I suppose someone has thought of how easy it is not to comment. ...Oops!

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2021, 10:19:51 AM »
AvioJERK:  Here is your evidence:

ridingmyhonda@yahoo.com>
To: avaiojet

Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 5:06 PM

Charles,

I would like to go flying again when my plane is done.

Do you have the images to make me the magician 35 decals?

I don't know what the exact design for my Dad would be.  Maybe a 3" circle with Russell Pieper Sr, 1932 - 2002  and a helicopter logo in the middle.  He was a fixed wing multi engine, instrument, commercial and rotory wing commercial pilot.

You call me AvioJERK and you expect me to respond.

I cannot find any email, I probably deleted them which is common.

Based on what you are asking for, I'll reply, probably the same way I replied back then, if I did. You have my reply.

I don't make decals, I only make cut vinyl products.

So, even in vinyl I would not be able to produce a graphic that small.

Try Callie Graphics. They run a more commercial business than I do.

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2021, 12:12:34 PM »

You call me AvioJERK and you expect me to respond.

AirMaster did not call you a JERK until you became one.

Keith

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2021, 01:49:54 PM »
Ignoring those who are trying to start a war.  This Spitfire is one of the nicest.
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2021, 01:58:53 PM »
AirMaster did not call you a JERK until you became one.

Keith

Why am I a Jerk? Post the reasons, make a list.

In all the years I've been in this Forum, I never trolled anyone, yet you've trolled me for 10 years and you still do. Just like others.  So, who is the Jerk.

What are you missing?

No one should have muddied up Walter's Thread because of my post. However, "guilt" does bring the best out in people.

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2021, 02:24:06 PM »
And the beat goes on..........
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline John Hammonds

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2021, 02:55:07 PM »
Stunning model, shame the thread got "Tainted" (As happens all too often here recently).  :(

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.....
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2!
BMFA 165249

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2021, 04:02:23 PM »
Maybe time for him to grow up.  I too have tried to ignore him at times especially when he start making statements about one of my heros. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2021, 04:09:08 PM »
Maybe time for him to grow up.  I too have tried to ignore him at times especially when he start making statements about one of my heros. D>K

Seriously? The only reason he is still here is because Robert loves him. He never does a thing when Aviojerk does this nor will he ever. Fact of the matter is we are stuck with Aviojerk. The only recourse is to buy the website as has been offered many times before.
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2021, 04:22:40 PM »
Really nice plane Walter. Thank you for sharing.

To those who have gone, "Off Topic", if you continually feed a fire it will grow. Say nothing and it has nowhere to go.

Thank you Walter for your contribution.

Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2021, 04:40:01 PM »
Really nice plane Walter. Thank you for sharing.

To those who have gone, "Off Topic", if you continually feed a fire it will grow. Say nothing and it has nowhere to go.

Thank you Walter for your contribution.

Craig

We have all already been down that road many many times. As you can see for yourself Aviojerk has no problem involving himself in ANY topic. Always shows up whenever he feels neglected. Then he pretends to be upset by the responses. Aviojerk brings nothing to the table. He thrives on people who call him out. This has been going on for many years and most likely will never stop. Len over on Stuka Stunt had no problem with seeing where the problem lies and corrected it.
Bill Morell
Vietnam 72-73

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2021, 06:09:55 PM »
We have all already been down that road many many times. As you can see for yourself Aviojerk has no problem involving himself in ANY topic. Always shows up whenever he feels neglected. Then he pretends to be upset by the responses. Aviojerk brings nothing to the table. He thrives on people who call him out. This has been going on for many years and most likely will never stop. Len over on Stuka Stunt had no problem with seeing where the problem lies and corrected it.

Bill,

You people are like school yard children.

I have a great relationship with Walter. I replied out of good faith with amusement and kudos.

No one else had to reply to my Post to muddy up Walter's Thread.

All one has to do is read the Thread to determine how this happens and who causes it.

Same people all the time.

For the rest of you, I believe you owe Walter an apology. It wasn't my Thread, so I won't need one.

Pathetic what the same people do repeatedly.

Here's a few more "Hanger Queens." Like Walter's, never seen fuel.

Anyone else got any? There has to be more.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2021, 08:02:29 PM »
I have several , about 6 because of physical problems.  They are waiting for people to come get me and the planes and fly them for me. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2021, 12:02:09 PM »
I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful day.
Nooooo!!!!
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2021, 11:53:38 PM »
Charles..

Here is the deal. Simply shut up yeah?

Try to live by the axiom of "if you have nothing important to add then dont add anything"

You have nothing to add. Ive read SO many of your posts and sometimes they are NOTHING more than a bid to spruke your computer graphics.

Here is the deal. Im sick of reading how nice and somewhat polite people are being toward you, when you time and time again just talk rubbish.

Your planes are average. Not spectacular, but certainly by any "stunt" standard a solid 12 pointer. Nothing to hang your hat on.

This thread was about someone elses plane. Get it ? Someone elses.

Start a new thread for yourself letting people know you did some lettering on a peacemaker, painted it in rattle can paint have had no flights of it, let the thread have zero people comment and realise noone cares.

There is NO POLITE way to say this other than ,realise the people you're dealing with are VERY experienced.

You want to have a voice ? Why ?

Noone is interested in your opinion, the reason is your rude, opinionated, lack serious stunt credentials and constantly do nothing but hijack threads and talk about your own painting skill, which is ( if this your best attribute, is the same skill level as many 15 year old street artists)

Here are some more thruths.

Aeroplanes are toys. We all enjoy different elements of the sport, some build, some fly, some paint, some compete, some want social interaction and friendship.

The forums in all their forms from the BBS of alt.stunt days to Leonards SSW to Roberts Stunthanger, has always had its fair share of both "informative" and "destructive" people.

You're clearly ( judging by the countless similar comments ) doing something wrong.

Im not asking you to leave the forum or disappear, but I am asking you to keep on topic.. keep it relevant to the topic. Why ? Because the people whomread this forum are interested in aviation not aviojet.

If your after attention and you want to do a positive piece, try writing an article for stunt news, try to volunteer at the Nationals with tabulation..

If your wanting negative attention, by calling " poor me, noone likes my planes, its a conspiracy, everybody trolls me and my inexpensive ways of painting" or any other variations of it are only 1/16th truth.

You're opinions never stay on topic.
Your opinions are usually of an inflammatory nature.
You constantly have a go at Brett, who mind you is more than capable of comprehension toward the style of individual he is responding to. ( saw a few of them come before you came along )
You cry "elitist" when others choose to purchase decent painting equipment for themselves.
You push your own brand in ways that frankly even if I was in the market for your work I wouldn't utilise your services.

So let me be as clear as I possibly can :

Unless its relevant to the topic and you feel your opinion is worth adding, just remain quiet.

Thats the polite way of saying " Shut UP " dont even reply to this, I wont be responding to you any further because I dont care what vitrole your response would entail.

I don't care for ANY P.R value, Im not getting on any bandwagon against you, or playing games. Im just sick of reading good threads hijacked by your obsession with self acclaim.

Shut UP.

Im not one of the most polite people out there and have no hesitation in calling a spade a spade.

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2021, 03:17:37 AM »
Walter,

Aren't you afraid of being trolled because of that hanger queen?

Gee, I get trolled all the time because of my hanger queens.  LL~ LL~ LL~

Love you Walter.

Charles this forum doe not revolve around you. You have ruined many threads and I have given you a lot of latitudes. This is over. I get many complaints and I have had enough. This is your only warning. Do not reply to this thread do not send me a message or call me or email me. to complained about people picking on you.
AMA 12366

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2021, 09:45:19 AM »
Thank you Robert.

Mike

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2021, 12:08:07 PM »
 #^ #^ #^ #^ #^ D>K

Now I'm tired. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2021, 02:02:55 PM »
 Finally!
Bill Morell
Vietnam 72-73

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2021, 07:47:24 PM »

Thank you Sparky, hoping you stick to your guns this time.  y1
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Advertise Here