News:

• April 23, 2024, 06:58:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Historic Developments for the World-Famous Fox 15 Hurl  (Read 3904 times)

Offline Uncle Jimby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Historic Developments for the World-Famous Fox 15 Hurl
« on: September 03, 2021, 12:21:32 PM »
The future of The World-Famous Fox 15 Hurl is in jeopardy.  The current commissioner, Mr. Larry Fernandez (self-appointed), has gone missing and it is feared that foul play is involved. Investigations are ongoing and the prime suspect’s alibis are being exhaustively checked. The name of the prime suspect is currently being withheld, but we will refer to him as D.F. until such time as further details can be revealed.

So, in accordance with the gravity of the situation, We, as Governor General of the World-Famous Fox 15 Hurl and Nation of Hurlers, have decided to implement for the first time, the unprecedented power vested in Us by the Constitution and associated Bylaws therein, expressed or implied, of the World-Famous Fox 15 Hurl.

As such, We are humbly accepting Our responsibility, and under the guidelines of the current associated Bylaws, expressed or implied, are hereby appointing Mr. Brett Buck as Interim Commissioner of the World-Famous Fox 15 Hurl and granting him all powers and responsibilities formerly held by Mr. Larry Fernandez (self-appointed former commissioner).

The exact wording of the appropriate section of the associated Bylaws that grants Us these extraordinary powers is not currently known to Us at this time.  The only known copy of The Constitution and associated Bylaws is currently in the possession of the aforementioned Mr. Brett Buck.  Undoubtedly, Mr. Brett Buck will provide us all with the relevant Section(s), Sub-section(s), paragraphs and precise wording in due time, but this obviously brings us to an uncomfortable situation that is likely to cause the perception of a conflict of interest and inappropriate manipulation of our Constitution. 

Be assured, however, that we will survive this crisis and emerge stronger with the knowledge that our system of governance has prevailed. 

-Uncle Jimby, Governor General of the World-Famous Fox 15 Hurl
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 12:46:01 PM by Uncle Jimby »

Online EricV

• Lieutenant
Re: Historic Developments for the World-Famous Fox 15 Hurl
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 01:47:21 PM »
I fully expect to see details about D.F.'s involvement leaked by anonymous sources as is the common vehicle for such news today. I implore the Interim Commissioner Mr Buck to appoint a committee to fully investigate this atrocity, and for them to investigate all leads, no matter how small, no matter where they lead, and to impose the heaviest penalties the law allows! Villainous scoundrels of this caliber must be made an example of!

Have fun you guys, heh.
Eric

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 02:03:13 PM »
Good grief .   .   .

Indeed, these are disturbing developments. However, in the best traditions of Andrew Johnson and Alexander Haig, you can rest assured that there is a *very firm hand* on the tiller, and our course towards another successful Hurl is full speed ahead!

Naturally, the Usual Suspects have been rounded up.

Humbled as I am by the crushing burden of responsibility - I am in charge here.

Details will follow.

Brett Buck, Deputy Commissioner of the Hurl (self-appointed)
                  Acting Commissioner of the Hurl (by acclimation)

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 02:41:17 PM »
As I age, one of my true regrets in life is not attending the Hurl.  Sadly, I have tried to run a Fox .15x, thus propelling my attitude to where I would like to hurl a Fox .15x. 

Within the last month, I got one running, requiring the aid of an electric starter due to the compression.  I then proceeded to try to "set the needle."  As typical, it varied between "running" and "not running," with no discernable rich vs. lean audio accompaniment.

Try as I might, the 15X returns to haunt me.  Please cast one of the devils into the great beyond on my behalf, I beg you.

Peter     

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 02:53:41 PM »

Try as I might, the 15X returns to haunt me.  Please cast one of the devils into the great beyond on my behalf, I beg you.

We feel your pain, and please take (vicarious) advantage of our celebration.

Brett

Offline Jim Benzinger

• New Pilot
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2021, 09:57:02 PM »
I have it on very good authority, that the aforementioned, and might I add spuriously accused, DF has had nothing underhanded, nefarious, proxy----uhhh I mean directly involved, or contracted out, to do with the disappearance of the self proclaimed Hurl commissioner. Where is his pot of chili again??

What is more, I strenuously object to, so called, self appointed Uncle Jimby, Governor General of the World-Famous Fox 15 Hurl, the appointment of Mr Brett Buck, (who is that exactly, what authority does he really have???,) without due process as outlined in the impeachment process so clearly defined in section 15, Paragraph 1, subsection a. It really couldn't be more obvious. I also call for my followers to resist, uh....storm the capitol....uhhh, you know. 

I'm afraid I will have to appoint myself as high inquisitor. I rail at the thought of this travesty of justice, conflict of interest and all. Drive for 5 my....axxxxx. The dark ages of the inquisition will be nothing compared to the scorched earth and wrath of the righteous membership scorned.

I have a dream.....no, that's not right--try this--I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!!!! And I deserve this responsibility.

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 10:23:27 PM »
Ya know guys, just because that stuff is legal and all, not trying to imply anything or make direct accusations of improper usage of unperscribed substances that formerly were used only for recreational purposes, but perhaps a slight reduction in the aforementioned self prescribed dosing of said or implied medications might go a long way to resolving this obviously terrible, and completely unacceptable, insult to the tremendous reputation of the Hurl, one of the greatest sporting events in all of human history.

Gary LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 11:35:25 AM »
I hope that, during any future Hurling Competitions, the operations will be held on moderately soft grass.  This will go a long way in preserving the Fox 15 from damage, which would reduce the value of this vintage engine to collectors.  The Fox 15 deserves to reside in a collector's glass display, and not in the local dumpster.
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Online Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2021, 02:27:33 PM »
Perhaps you Fox collectors could pass the hat to fix the irrigation pump.  Then we'd have soft grass for both hurling and stunt. 
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Online BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2021, 08:26:05 PM »
.  .   .  Coup d'état

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2021, 08:52:33 PM »
.  .   .  Coup d'état

As you well know, this absence has resulted in a triggering of the Hurl Committee Disaster protocols, and I assumed control in full compliance with Rule 10, Subsections C, D, and of course, given the situation, R. It's all there in black and white, completely transparent and in plain language, for anyone to read.

I also want to assure everyone that I will willingly give up these (virtually unlimited) powers as soon as the present emergency has passed.

A full explanation is forthcoming, awaiting the end of the related U.N Security Council meeting. But, before that, I want to assure everyone that this has *absolutely nothing* to do with the unnatural Ape-Human hybrid gene splicing program, and to suggest otherwise is irresponsible speculation. So lets stop with the texts/emails/phone calls/ham radio messages to that effect. In any case, the evidence is far from conclusive that this sort of "chimera" provides better results in the hurl.

The flamethrower activity near the research facility on August 27 and the airstrike on the 29th were simply a part of a long-planned security exercise. Move along, nothing to see here.

In a completely unrelated announcement, the emergency proposal to subject ALL hurl participants to a random and completely non-intrusive genetic screening has passed. This is just a common-sense precaution to ensure that only the expected 46 chromosomes, in the right order, are present.

As always, thanks for your interest in the World-Wide Sporting Phenomenon known as The Hurl!

Brett

Offline Uncle Jimby

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 09:00:12 PM »
Perhaps you Fox collectors could pass the hat to fix the irrigation pump.  Then we'd have soft grass for both hurling and stunt.

Now you're talkin', Howard.  Although the flying is just an excuse for the hurling, it would be swell if some water could be applied to the brown stuff currently masquerading as grass. So let's get them donations in pronto pup.  Also, those concerned out of staters might consider diverting some water our way.  After all, we do furnish you with oranges and such.  That being said, all expert hurlers know that it's the bounce that produces winners and lush grass ain't going to help with that unless you got 47 chromosomes.

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 09:01:31 PM »
Now you're talkin', Howard.  Although the flying is just an excuse for the hurling, it would be swell if some water could be applied to the brown stuff currently masquerading as grass. So let's get them donations in pronto pup.  Also, those concerned out of staters might consider diverting some water our way.  After all, we do furnish you with oranges and such.  That being said, all expert hurlers know that it's the bounce that produces winners and lush grass ain't going to help with that unless you got 47 chromosomes.

I think Howard also enjoys the Delta Smelt fillets we send him.

Brett

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2021, 09:08:52 PM »

48, either, apparently.

Brett

Online Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2021, 09:44:27 PM »
The JCT’s natural,
As the Commissioner knows.
We’re organic and real
With no GMOs.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Jim Benzinger

• New Pilot
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2021, 02:05:53 PM »
The JCT’s natural,
As the Commissioner knows.
We’re organic and real
With no GMOs.

As the self appointed "High Inquisitor" my investigation is complete and has been exhaustive/exhausting. I find this guy, Brett Buck, to be in violation of the vaunted Hurl Rules and procedures. He has obviously shirked his duty as it was a simple matter of a short phone call to clear up the accusations.

I have heard from the supposedly missing Hurl Commissioner. He is, in fact, not missing. He has not been left behind on a cross country road trip, or buried in a remote portion of the Nevada or Albuquerque desert. No pizza's have been flung on a roof top. But, I have heard through the grape vine, that a pot of chilly may be provided by the aforementioned misdiagnosed kidnapped commissioner. Consumers of the chilly be ware. You never know when there might be some shenanigans with the quality of the chilly. As self proclaimed "High Inquisitor" I have no jurisdiction over the quality of the chilly. Maybe the self proclaimed Assistant governor general, Jimby Aron,  can vouch for the safety of the aforementioned chilly--or the assistant high commissioner, Brett Buck. Although I would recommend that guards be posted. As the pot could be covertly spiked with Covid Vaccine, or Ivermectin. Though everyone needs a clean colon--maybe too much info.

This completely exonerates DF in any possible implications of cheating or rigging the competition of the Hurl.

The Hurl is on! Long live the Hurl!!

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2021, 03:13:11 PM »
The last i heard was they scheduled the event to be at "Biden City" in Texas and all current rules were abolished. There is a rumor saying OS engines were also going to have a hurl event next year.
Bill P.

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2021, 12:33:26 AM »
As the self appointed "High Inquisitor" my investigation is complete and has been exhaustive/exhausting. I find this guy, Brett Buck, to be in violation of the vaunted Hurl Rules and procedures. He has obviously shirked his duty as it was a simple matter of a short phone call to clear up the accusations.

While I admire your initiative, we (that is, The Hurl Committee and the relevant government officials, ethicists, and theologians employed or consulted by the committee for this incident) know exactly what happened, and why. If you *should* piece together the sequence of events, I think you will also understand the need to limit discussion to the bare minimum required to conduct business. 

I would certainly hope that everyone would know to refrain from idle and/or baseless speculation, if for no other reason, to maintain public order. Above alll, there is no need to panic! The situation is relatively well under control.

HIPAA considerations limit what we can discuss in public, however, our lead researcher, Dr. Cuvier, has assured us that the commissioner is in no immediate danger, and we have every hope of his rapid recovery to, er, "normal". And of course when I say "normal", I mean "normal for Larry". Whether that is a good idea or not is currently under debate. We are reviewing our research and testing protocols to prevent a recurrence.

And I will just say it - we had not anticipated this "situation", and the Rules of the Hurl were, at best, ambigious in this area. So that is entirely a failing on the part of the Hurl Committee, and why, in this time of uncertainty, we need such a firm hand on the tiller. 

I will also note that I nor any other Hurl insider said anything about this person you refer to as "DF". Eric simply jumped to a conclusion on that one - understandably - but the surveillance reports indicate that no one with those initials was anywhere near when "the incident" occurred. And, to be honest, it doesn't even make sense, it would working at cross purposes for The Usual Suspects.

Naturally, in the spirit of fair play, and to ensure enjoyable competition, we routinely track the movements and contacts of all participants, and the general public.  So in this case, there was no real mystery. To first approximation, it is just an internal matter.

In a completely unrelated topic, while I (as Deputy Commissioner (self-appointed), and currently, Acting Maximum Leader) understand the desire to perform to the utmost in The Hurl, it is, ultimately, about camaraderie and good sportsmanship. While it is perfectly reasonable to train hard and work on your technique, it is very easy to let the desire to perform overcome your good sense and have the Hurl consume your entire life. There has to be some limit and you can't let it drive you to unreasonable/immoral/unnatural means.

We are less that a week to next Hurl. I am reliably told that the Hurling Grounds are in excellent shape and are conducive to long, perhaps record, Hurls. With the situation with the Commissioner stable, albeit not resolved, we are still on track for yet another celebration!

Thanks again for your interest in the international celebration known as The Hurl!

Brett

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 01:02:29 PM by Brett Buck »

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2021, 12:35:27 AM »
The last i heard was they scheduled the event to be at "Biden City" in Texas and all current rules were abolished.

I think that rumor is completely unfounded, and patently false on its face. There is no "Biden City" in Texas, and if there was, it wouldn't be for long.

Brett

p.s. To be fair, there *is* a Bidenville, Texas, near Del Rio:

https://theseatonpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/fox-news-drone-del-rio-texas-1-1-650x433.jpg

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2021, 11:33:12 AM »
Is that where Biden's voters are staying? ??? ??? ???
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2021, 12:04:09 PM »
Is that where Biden's voters are staying? ??? ??? ???

LL~   LL~    LL~
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2021, 04:20:11 PM »
Actially, he insisted on piloting Air Force One and ended up there.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Online frank williams

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2021, 08:42:03 PM »
is that where Biden's voters are staying?

Actually, its called "Kamalas Kampground"

Offline Shorts,David

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2021, 11:46:15 PM »
I for one am deeply troubled by this unforseen development. Particularly, I am suspicious of Mr. Fernandez's Geezer points vs. Acting Deputy Buck's geezer points. If DF was involved, and I am not suggesting I have any evidence or imply anything, but it would makes sense considering Mr. Hernandez's long standing of limiting Geezer points to the square root of the contestants age divided by the sum of pies eaten within a six month period (or something like that).
We all know that current World Champion hurler Zack Shultz is the youngest champion in Hurl history (I believe) which could all change dramatically based upon interpretation of geezer points. My point being, I do not know Acting Deputy Buck's limitations or lack thereof on geezer points and appeal to the General of Hurl, Uncle Jimby, to grant assurance that Geezer points will be limited or applied in a traditional manner so as not to let this crisis become an outright fiasco, rivaling that of the 1978 Royal .46 Hurl of Lesotho.
It may be premature to suggest such things, but if DF regains his title, I would suspect collusion.

Excuse me, someone is at the door, I'll be right back...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 12:08:24 AM by Shorts,David »

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2021, 09:57:35 AM »
HAVE MERCY %^@ %^@!!  This thread is enough to make one "hurl"!!   n~ n~

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2021, 11:05:38 AM »
is that where Biden's voters are staying?

Actually, its called "Kamalas Kampground"

Let me get this straight...The "Hurl" is at Kamalas (Chuckles) Kampground in Bidenville. No ID, no vaccine, no mask and no covid test required for participation unless they are a USA citizen. There will be a coin toss to decide who hurls first. The coin tosser is required to be a USA citizen, show ID, have vaccine, wear mask and negative covid test.
Bill P.

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2021, 12:48:02 AM »
HAVE MERCY %^@ %^@!!  This thread is enough to make one "hurl"!!   n~ n~

I take it that the data supplied is too spotty or incomplete? I understand that it can be very frustrating to be so excited about this wonderful event and not be able to access  the information you need.

Clearly, the solution to your issue is "total immersion",  so I will take this as a request to be added to The Hurl "push RSS" stream! This will keep you abreast of any developments on a minute-by-minute basis.

Thanks for your interest in the international sporting phenomenon known as The Hurl!

Brett

« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 12:13:14 AM by Brett Buck »

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2021, 12:59:04 AM »
I am excited to inform all you Hurl enthusiasts that the official hurling engines have been certified by Hurl Technical Services division, and are now in my custody.

Naturally, they are impounded in a secure facility and cannot be viewed until the seal is broken at start of the event, but I took a peek before we closed the safe - and I am not too proud to say, I shed a tear at the beauty and I will just say it - the majesty - of official hurling engines in pristine shape, ready for your fine ministrations! I will also say I am nearly overcome with pride at being allowed to administer such an auspicious event, it is truly the culmination of many decades of hard work. There are a lot of smiling faces here at Hurl Auxiliary Control!

I would also like to report that I have been in "contact" with The Commissioner, er, "himself", and that his condition is as well as can be expected under the circumstances.

Brett

p.s. I also have the engine for the trophy - and it too is a stellar example. It is missing the piston, but as many of us have long suspected, lack of a piston has absolutely no effect on the starting or running qualities!  That shows the advanced engineering that went into it originally. Magnificent!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 07:22:37 AM by Brett Buck »

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2021, 01:09:12 AM »
I for one am deeply troubled by this unforseen development. Particularly, I am suspicious of Mr. Fernandez's Geezer points vs. Acting Deputy Buck's geezer points.

Geezer point will be awarded per Rule 6, subparagraph C. It's really pretty simple and it is all laid out in a perfectly straightfoward manner there. I understand that in this time of uncertainty, we are all concerned for possible "shenanigans" being attempted in the confusion. To reassure everyone, we will be following the rules strictly and as written in every detail.

Given that, it would be a good time to brush up on the rules - its all right there. There is no excuse for not knowing the rules. I will also note that I have moved into the 60 or older bracket since the last Hurl, so, there's 5 extra feet for me right there! Hopefully that will make up for my unfortunate training accident (which as you all know was described in detail in the last newsletter).

I, for one, am looking forward to Mr. Shulz The Younger demonstrating his prowess, and proving that  Gen Z might have a thing or two to show us old hands!

So there is no need for concern - All is well!

Brett

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2021, 01:34:58 PM »
  I take it that the data supplied is too spotty or incomplete? I understand that it can be very frustrating to be so exited about this wonderful event and not be able to access  the information you need.

Clearly, the solution to your issue is "total immersion",  so I will take this as a request to be added to The Hurl "push RSS" stream! This will keep you abreast of any developments on a minute-by-minute basis.

Thanks for your interest in the international sporting phenomenon known as The Hurl!

Brett

:) ;) ;D  You're so kind!! LL~ LL~

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2021, 01:35:35 PM »
I hope that, during any future Hurling Competitions, the operations will be held on moderately soft grass.  This will go a long way in preserving the Fox 15 from damage, which would reduce the value of this vintage engine to collectors.  The Fox 15 deserves to reside in a collector's glass display, and not in the local dumpster.

Interesting you should mention that. We made a pilgrimage to Indiana in June, to witness the glory of the Fox 15x in all it's - and will just say it, majesty -enshrined in a place of honor in the AMA Museum. This trip was, naturally, arranged by the Hurl Committee for all interested truth-seekers. We even encountered several innocent bystanders, all of whom showed an interest in our activities and wished to get involved.

One particularly notable witness was one Mr Steven Moon, who impressed the Hurl Committee tremendously with his interest and general attitude showing us all *exactly what is takes* to be a Hurl enthusiast!  Kudos indeed, he is definitely a Hurl kind of guy.

I would also note that the display of your Fox 15 is highly encouraged, we love them and they are clearly our favorite engine. However, please consult local authorities before attempting to use them to power a model airplane, as this is considered a felony in many jurisdictions. We have found a far better use!

As always, thank you for your interest in the international sporting phenomenon known as The Hurl!

Brett

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2021, 07:39:59 PM »
I know that you are breathlessly waiting on the results of this years Hurl. I will have a full report later, but I feel safe in declaring this to the be the Best Hurl Ever, for the 22nd consecutive year. We have a new champion  - and the Drive for Five is still alive!

I also feel saddened to report that there was also a disturbing incident that was completely at odds to the spirit of the Hurl. This, too, will have to wait until later - after the spellbinding excitement of The Hurl, I am completely spent, and I want to give a complete and accurate report!

Brett

Offline John McFayden

• Commander
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2021, 07:08:28 AM »
Ya I usually feel totally spent after a good hurl!

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2021, 07:44:03 AM »
Though admittedly felonious in Virginia, I have flown a 15x three times on Saturday following the NVCL stuntfest, even going so far as purchasing a 10-32 Tru Turn spinner nut. Due to the immense expanse of land and it's position on Washington's route to Yorktown, I remain your at large writer.

Peter

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2021, 10:08:14 AM »
Though admittedly felonious in Virginia, I have flown a 15x three times on Saturday following the NVCL stuntfest,

We all do things we later regret.

Brett

Online Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2021, 10:45:15 AM »
I must be a bit out of sorts. I thought the 15x didn't meet the criteria for the hurl.

Congrats to the champion!!
AMA 13001

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2021, 09:48:28 PM »
Congrats, indeed, and as Jim notes (with prescience) in the title, Historic developments for sure!

While there were many heroic - and I will just say it, majestic - hurls, including an excellent throw by defending champ Zack Schulz of 176 feet, the 22nd Annual Fox 15 Hurl was won by first-time participant Mr Rob Holland with a score (with 5 geezer points) of 178 feet!  Truly inspiring to us all, even on it's face.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Holland_(pilot)

When questioned as to his Hurl training technique, your humble reporter (and acting Hurl Commissioner {to be addressed henceforth for purposes of Hurl business as Maximum Leader}) discovered that Rob's chosen Hurl training method has been full-scale aerobatics. This is an excellent training idea and promotes general fitness as he routinely encounters up to 11g's!

As it turns out, during his training, he has also managed to win the Aerobatics National Championship 10 times in a row, including earlier in the week. I checked the Hurl archives, and I can state with some degree of certainty that  this is the first time anyone has won the US National Aerobatics Championship and The Hurl in the same week! Kudos indeed!

Not many people have shown the necessary dedication to Hurl success to take up such a difficult and expensive secondary sport just to train for The Hurl, but I have to say, after toiling away in anonymity for years, he has certainly demonstrated to us all that hard work pays off in the Hurl!

Here is a picture of Rob Posing with his Hurl Trophy next to his airplane:

Congratulations to Rob, and all the other participants, for making this event such a stunning success!

Brett

« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 10:42:34 PM by Brett Buck »

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2021, 11:57:41 AM »
Sorry to miss the famous hurl again this year. I miss my arm hurting the next day.

Brian
While flying the pattern, my incompetence always exceeds my expectations.

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Offline Bruce Shipp

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2023, 11:06:54 PM »
I was at the IAC pavilion Saturday morning at OSH.  Rob Holland was also there so I introduced myself.  A true gentleman.

I told him I was disappointed his most significant competition victory was not commemorated on the tail of his airplane.  He immediately started to laugh and said he knew exactly what I was talking about…

The Fox 15 hurl, I asked?

He continued to laugh and said yes and I wasn’t the first to bring this to his attention.  He said “I guess I need to put that one on the plane as well”

My good laugh for OSH week.

Online Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2023, 09:10:44 AM »
The future of The World-Famous Fox 15 Hurl is in jeopardy.  The current commissioner, Mr. Larry Fernandez (self-appointed), has gone missing and it is feared that foul play is involved. Investigations are ongoing and the prime suspect’s alibis are being exhaustively checked. The name of the prime suspect is currently being withheld, but we will refer to him as D.F. until such time as further details can be revealed.

So, in accordance with the gravity of the situation, We, as Governor General of the World-Famous Fox 15 Hurl and Nation of Hurlers, have decided to implement for the first time, the unprecedented power vested in Us by the Constitution and associated Bylaws therein, expressed or implied, of the World-Famous Fox 15 Hurl.

As such, We are humbly accepting Our responsibility, and under the guidelines of the current associated Bylaws, expressed or implied, are hereby appointing Mr. Brett Buck as Interim Commissioner of the World-Famous Fox 15 Hurl and granting him all powers and responsibilities formerly held by Mr. Larry Fernandez (self-appointed former commissioner).

The exact wording of the appropriate section of the associated Bylaws that grants Us these extraordinary powers is not currently known to Us at this time.  The only known copy of The Constitution and associated Bylaws is currently in the possession of the aforementioned Mr. Brett Buck.  Undoubtedly, Mr. Brett Buck will provide us all with the relevant Section(s), Sub-section(s), paragraphs and precise wording in due time, but this obviously brings us to an uncomfortable situation that is likely to cause the perception of a conflict of interest and inappropriate manipulation of our Constitution. 

Be assured, however, that we will survive this crisis and emerge stronger with the knowledge that our system of governance has prevailed. 

-Uncle Jimby, Governor General of the World-Famous Fox 15 Hurl

Rumor has it DF has defected to the east coast contingent. Of course the rumor was started by a disgruntled competitor. A congressional probe is looking into its validity .
AMA 13001

Offline Warren Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2023, 05:16:55 PM »
If anyone is truly interested in finding Larry, you should start your search in New Mexico, after all it is Hatch Chili season and that's his favorite food on the planet.
W.W.

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2023, 05:24:54 PM »
Rumor has it DF has defected to the east coast contingent. Of course the rumor was started by a disgruntled competitor. A congressional probe is looking into its validity .

I find it notable that he had to bring in a ringer to prevent me from winning my unprecedented 5th Hurl Trophy.

Brett

Online Steve Berry

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2023, 09:13:07 PM »
...it is Hatch Chili season and that's his favorite food on the planet.
W.W.

That could lead to a whole new type of hurl... H^^

Steve

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2023, 10:34:46 AM »
There are rumors going around that the FIB has info that the previously mentioned previous Kommisar of da Hurl has boxes and boxes of top secret papers stacked away in his garage. The tipster is reported to have suggested looking next to the El Camino, but the California Supremes are reluctant to issue a search warrant based on Howard's information, because of his sketchy reputation.  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here