News:

• May 02, 2024, 10:17:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HEY U OLD WORLD CUP WILLY'S...WHO'S THIS YOUNG FILLY?  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
HEY U OLD WORLD CUP WILLY'S...WHO'S THIS YOUNG FILLY?
« on: October 18, 2009, 11:34:21 AM »
Over the years....I have seen this young lady stunt flyer in many of the "across the pond" websites?
From the look see of these photos...she must have given those gentlemen grunts a real challenge.
Nice looking model...If any of you old world cup WILLY'S can give more info on this World Cup FILLY holding one beautiful looking stunt model.....
jump on in here?
Don Shultz

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: HEY U OLD WORLD CUP WILLY'S...WHO'S THIS YOUNG FILLY?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 06:38:24 PM »
Nope ... German, probably.  Note the "D" (Deutschland) prefix on the registration number on her model's wing.  Also, in the 2nd photo she's standing with Germany's Christoph Holtermann (C) and another German flyer.

I don't believe it's the same young lady who flew Gordy's VUM-18 at a long-ago VSC.  Unfortunately the name doesn't come to mind right now, but that was a delightful young woman with a superb command of the English language.  If the name comes to mind I'll post it here.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Kim Doherty

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 06:57:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure you are looking at Angelika Möbius from Germany at a contest in Kyiv.

Kim.

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 07:04:22 PM »
Bingo!  That's the name.  I think you nailed it, Kim.  It was difficult to recognize her in that photo since she was just a teen-aged kid when she flew here at the VSC.  It's probably her.  Excellent flyer and a nice person.

Online Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 01:12:44 PM »
These pictures are from the World Champs held in Kiev Ukraine in 1988. I was there, but I don't remember her flying.

Now, Svetlana I remember. Jimmy was chasing her with a passion.

Paul Walker

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 01:32:29 PM »
Paul,
That sounds like Jimmy.

I wish we could get him back flying. The wars between you and him were great to watch.
AMA 7544

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 07:50:47 AM »
Hey Paul, Svetlana was a gorgeous and very likable person.  I remember her from the Tri-Cities NATS when they were sent to DC.  Of course they are both great looking young ladies.  Who remembers the young ladies that flew combat at the US Worlds Champs?  Having fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 01:30:19 PM »
After my previous response, it has been brought to my attention that this might be 1998 as opposed to 1988 that I stated earlier.

I have taken a closer look at the pictures, and i tend to agree. Christoph H (middle of lower picture) is too "old" in this picture to be in '88. Likewise, Angelika is also to "old" in this picture to be '88. The cars in the background are also to nice looking to be '88.

Wheras the site was very nice in '88, the transportation then wasn't. By '98, the site had deteriorated noticable due to lack of maintenance, but the transportation was newer.

So, I agree that this was in '98 as opposed to '88.

Paul Walker

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 10:05:47 PM »
Well, now that we've determined that it is in fact Angelika Moebius in the photos, yes, she is the one who crashed her own plane at a long-ago VSC and finished up by flying Gordy's VUM-18 .... doing rather well with it, too.  Although just a teen at the time, I recall her as being a very pleasant and personable contestant.  Ditto for Christoph Holtermann who was there also with, I believe, a Grondal Nobler.  We wish they'd come back again.

Offline Robert W

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 06:07:28 AM »
I looked on the Mobius web site and this young lady is Angelika. She has two sisters that also fly, Anja and Kristin. Anja flew combat and Kristin flew stunt.

Regards
Robert
AMA 28627

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here