News:

• April 18, 2024, 05:28:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak SV11 ARC pipe setup??  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Daniel_Munro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Brodak SV11 ARC pipe setup??
« on: October 22, 2020, 02:35:07 AM »
Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me a little about the Brodak SV11 ARC. I’ve got an OS .46vf that I’ll be converting shortly for stunt use.

Is the SV11 able to be modified for a pipe setup without too much hassle? I’ve got plans for many a model that would suit the VF but I like the idea of an ARC as most the hard work is done for me and it’ll give me another decent flying model in quick time.
NZL7396

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
Re: Brodak SV11 ARC pipe setup??
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 11:05:14 PM »
If youve got a big enough hammer and sharpen the axe .

S?P S?P ;D H^^

Id check the control horn clips are glued , severely . one fell off when I looked at it crossways , on the Strega . I see another Strega went in ( planted ) when one fell off in the air .

Offline Neil Rogers

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 12:01:27 AM »
SV11 ARFs and ARCs are easy to use with a piped engine.  Cut out the bottom of the fuse and you're ready to go.  A 46VF should work nicely in that model.

Offline Daniel_Munro

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 12:38:03 AM »
If youve got a big enough hammer and sharpen the axe .

S?P S?P ;D H^^

Id check the control horn clips are glued , severely . one fell off when I looked at it crossways , on the Strega . I see another Strega went in ( planted ) when one fell off in the air .

Ah yes that old chestnut.... I’ve never brought and ARF or ARC control liner but I’ll be sure to check all those components before assembly. I’ve heard of many being returned to kit form well before their time.
NZL7396

Offline Daniel_Munro

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 12:39:42 AM »
SV11 ARFs and ARCs are easy to use with a piped engine.  Cut out the bottom of the fuse and you're ready to go.  A 46VF should work nicely in that model.

Thanks. I’ll weigh up a scratch build vs an ARC. I’ve probably got enough balsa to build about five full size F2B ships. The VF is in nice condition, just need to order the parts to set it up when I’ve got the $$
NZL7396

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here