News:

• March 29, 2024, 09:38:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 1781 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Happy Thanksgiving
« on: November 23, 2020, 10:38:10 AM »
I my self and family plane on having the usual get together for Thanks giving.  We are not going to let the brain dead politicians control our annual feast and that includes Christmas and New Years Day.   Nothing like black eye peas really sound good right now. H^^

So I hope every one has a great Thanksgiving. #^ #^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 11:16:32 AM »
We are going to pay attention to the CDC and do our celebration alone, without causing a "super-spreader" event. 

Campbells Pork and Beans with a boiled potato on the side.
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 12:50:04 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving. 

Mike

Offline Peter Nevai

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
    • C3EL
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 05:55:09 PM »
Happy Turkey genocide day :)
Words Spoken by the first human to set foot on Mars... "Now What?"

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 09:56:46 PM »
Our day will be somewhat muted, unfortunately. All are essentially doing well, now, but there’s been a run of things here in recent days. We had planned a normal event, but with one family member just getting over a mild flu, and another who had wisdom teeth (4) extracted a week ago, was diagnosed 2 days ago with Strep Throat, it put a damper on things.

We remain ever so thankful for everything the Lord gives us, and for His protection in these troubled times. And I remain thankful as well for the friendships I’ve been blessed with in this community!

Gary
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 10:37:17 AM »
We couldn't decide on our Thanksgiving dessert, so we took a vote.  The vote was 1 to 1.  I flipped a coin to decide, and I won my choice;

PB&J on toasted Wonder Bread.

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 12:00:37 PM »
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Online Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 01:10:33 PM »
God has been so, so good to us here.  Even though I was hit with a radical tiredness similar to when I had mono decades ago, I'm getting stronger and staying warm and fed.
Blessings to all the great folks on SH and thanks for them.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 04:06:15 PM »
We will have an moderate to large gathering for Thanksgiving.  However in north Alabama the weather will be so nice we will be mostly out side.     ::)
John Rist
AMA 56277

Online Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 07:34:18 PM »
We are taking Jeannette’s special cranberry/tart cherry/Marsala sauce to the kids party, but staying away otherwise. We have too many “issues”  to risk the infection. Maybe next year. 😪

One of our closest friends just came down with symptoms and is awaiting test results. They are even at more risk than Jeannette and I. 👎 It just doesn’t pay to take the risks.

We will have our own private feast and zoom contact with our loved ones. It will have to do.

Turkey, stuffing, special cranberry sauce, creamed spinach and little pecan cream cheese tarts for dessert. Maybe some ice cream too. 😋😋😋😋
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Larry Fernandez

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2020, 10:41:18 PM »
We are taking Jeannette’s special cranberry/tart cherry/Marsala sauce to the kids party, but staying away otherwise. We have too many “issues”  to risk the infection. Maybe next year. 😪

One of our closest friends just came down with symptoms and is awaiting test results. They are even at more risk than Jeannette and I. 👎 It just doesn’t pay to take the risks.

We will have our own private feast and zoom contact with our loved ones. It will have to do.

Turkey, stuffing, special cranberry sauce, creamed spinach and little pecan cream cheese tarts for dessert. Maybe some ice cream too. 😋😋😋😋

Sounds like a terrific meal. What time should I arrive??

Larry, Buttafucco Stunt Team

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2020, 11:05:14 PM »

Good idea - if you are in a risk group,  *now is the time to isolate the extent possible*. There may be vaccine available in as little as 3 weeks, isolating for a few weeks is a viable proposition. It might be a different matter if it was 3 months or 3 years, but 3 weeks is viable and you may be mostly out-of-danger by Christmas.

Brett

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2020, 07:39:53 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  The way things are progressing in this country now, Linda and I are glad we are the age we are.  Really worried for my grand kids though. 

Mike

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2020, 11:05:46 AM »
   Good idea - if you are in a risk group,  *now is the time to isolate the extent possible*. There may be vaccine available in as little as 3 weeks, isolating for a few weeks is a viable proposition. It might be a different matter if it was 3 months or 3 years, but 3 weeks is viable and you may be mostly out-of-danger by Christmas.

Brett

Having a vaccine "in the labs" doesn't mean it will get around to me anytime soon.

First, there will be the expected fight over "who is first, etc."  I also expect some level of graft and black market.. meaning that those with lots of money will be high on the list.  Sometime late in 2021, I would expect my turn might come up.  In the meanwhile, I have to take my usual; precautions, since I am certainly in a high risk position.

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2020, 01:53:40 PM »
Hi Floyd,

I think I read somewhere that the vaccine will be administered to the people who are the highest risk first and then go down the line to the least at risk.  Medical personnel who are on the front line will get it first and then the older population next, etc.  and on down the line.  Still, I dont know where that puts us or the 70+ generation. 

Mike

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2020, 04:20:47 PM »
Hi Floyd,

I think I read somewhere that the vaccine will be administered to the people who are the highest risk first and then go down the line to the least at risk.  Medical personnel who are on the front line will get it first and then the older population next, etc.  and on down the line.  Still, I dont know where that puts us or the 70+ generation. 

Mike

Mike I'm sure that we will be in the second list after the medical and critical personnel are taken care of. We are a large generation and most of us have problems that if infected with the virus can be fatal. Of course there are a few in this generation that if they succumbed to the virus I would be hard pressed to shed a tear

Offline Bill Schwagerman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2020, 08:15:24 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Hopefully the weather cooperates and we can take some food to our flying field (our backyard) and put up a flight or two. 😃

Offline scott v.

• 23 supporter
  • Ensign
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2020, 08:47:54 PM »
Same to you John.

Online Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Happy Thanksgivingn
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2020, 09:13:59 PM »
Fold up a paper glider and get back to the joy of flight. I love just seeing something just soar across the living room.

Having been forced to resort to the dark side, I am designing a new park flyer flying wing 3 channel model. I made a small glider to scale and it goes across the living room just fine. I need to downsize a photo to post, sorry. It is, in my humble opinion, a real cutie. Forward swept flying wing.

I fell in love with the fsw concept when Larry Scarinzi published the Streak 1/2A flying wing. I have built and published a bunch of variations of the idea and it has mucho merit.

Sorry, off topic. Happy Thanksgiving to one and all and stay safe!

One of my closest friends is sweating out testing for exposure with his wife. We have our best thoughts going for them.

I have hopes the Stunthangar gang all stay safe and healthy! Love you all!

DesignMan

Online Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2020, 07:56:52 AM »
Happy thanksgiving to all my American neighbours.  y1 <= #^
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Fred DiMaria

• 24 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2020, 07:58:14 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the C/L community and thanks to Sparky for maintaining the website and the awesome videos!

Fred

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2020, 03:24:35 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Offline John Lindberg

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2020, 03:14:10 PM »
Black eyed peas sounds pretty good, with butter!

Online Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2020, 06:57:19 PM »
For those of you who know him, Andy and Jackie Borgogna had a virus scare, but tested out clean! Great news!  #^

DesignMan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here