News:

• May 29, 2024, 09:55:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Genesis Saga free book offer  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
The Genesis Saga free book offer
« on: December 21, 2023, 09:06:19 AM »
Hi all:

Several years ago when I was the Editor of Stunt News I worked with Les McDonald to bring his amazing Stiletto Chronicles series of articles to fruition. In that series Les told the complete story of his life in modeling and of the years in which he flew and competed with his legendary and exquisite Stiletto series of models. Les did it right; he told the whole story, not just the “good stuff.” It was honest and it was enlightening.

Les convinced me to do the same with my story about the years in which I flew my Genesis series of models. I started to do that several years ago, but life got in the way of finishing it… Until now. I’ve been experiencing a lot of back and leg pain of late (and, well, pretty much throughout my adult life…). That has kept me from doing what I like best; building and flying to the degree I want. But, it has afforded me some spare time to sit and finish my Genesis Saga book. It is not done in the manner in which I had hoped; I was hoping to actually get it published somewhere and have it presented with professional layout and graphics. I fear that not only is that going to be too expensive to do, but I also fear that the audience for such a piece is rapidly diminishing. I have decided to just do a simple layout of the story in PDF chapters with the text and photos and get it out to those who might care to read it.

I’ve been tying up a lot of “loose ends” of late as time is getting shorter each day. Relax, nothing bad is on the horizon that I know of; I just have a need to tell my story - before I forget it.  n~  And I would coax all of you to do the same so that we can fill in the fabric of the history of our great hobby/sport before it is too late.

If you are interested in having a copy of this book, please PM me through Stunt Hangar, or, if you have my email address, just drop me a note requesting it. There is no charge for this book. You will need to include your email address in your PM.

This next bit is important: Please do not feel compelled to read any or all of this book. It is long, and it may or may not be interesting to you. You will not hurt my feelings if you choose not to read it, and or delete it. Trust me, there will be no “book quiz.” This is not required reading!

The chapters (16 of them) will be sent out two at a time due to file size. Chapter 15 will come alone as it is quite long and hence a large file.

I want take this opportunity to thank you all for your friendship and support over the years. What a life we all had in modeling…

God Bless -Bob Hunt
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 09:42:49 AM by Bob Hunt »

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
Re: The Genesis Saga free book offer
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 09:47:14 AM »
PM sent

Offline Ed Carlaw

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 10:01:55 AM »
PM sent.

Offline Steve Berry

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 10:45:32 AM »
PM sent.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 11:05:21 AM »
PM Sent.
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 06:38:30 PM »
P M sent
rad racer

Offline Jeremy Chinn

• 24 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 07:12:05 PM »
Pm sent

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2023, 07:18:15 PM »
PM sent.

Offline curtis williams

• 21 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2023, 10:48:44 PM »
Yes please

Offline Luke N.

• 24 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2023, 11:52:27 PM »
PM sent

Luke

Offline fred cesquim

• Captain
    • Fred Cesquim Aeromodelos
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2023, 06:45:06 AM »
Hi all:

Several years ago when I was the Editor of Stunt News I worked with Les McDonald to bring his amazing Stiletto Chronicles series of articles to fruition. In that series Les told the complete story of his life in modeling and of the years in which he flew and competed with his legendary and exquisite Stiletto series of models. Les did it right; he told the whole story, not just the “good stuff.” It was honest and it was enlightening.

Les convinced me to do the same with my story about the years in which I flew my Genesis series of models. I started to do that several years ago, but life got in the way of finishing it… Until now. I’ve been experiencing a lot of back and leg pain of late (and, well, pretty much throughout my adult life…). That has kept me from doing what I like best; building and flying to the degree I want. But, it has afforded me some spare time to sit and finish my Genesis Saga book. It is not done in the manner in which I had hoped; I was hoping to actually get it published somewhere and have it presented with professional layout and graphics. I fear that not only is that going to be too expensive to do, but I also fear that the audience for such a piece is rapidly diminishing. I have decided to just do a simple layout of the story in PDF chapters with the text and photos and get it out to those who might care to read it.

I’ve been tying up a lot of “loose ends” of late as time is getting shorter each day. Relax, nothing bad is on the horizon that I know of; I just have a need to tell my story - before I forget it.  n~  And I would coax all of you to do the same so that we can fill in the fabric of the history of our great hobby/sport before it is too late.

If you are interested in having a copy of this book, please PM me through Stunt Hangar, or, if you have my email address, just drop me a note requesting it. There is no charge for this book. You will need to include your email address in your PM.

This next bit is important: Please do not feel compelled to read any or all of this book. It is long, and it may or may not be interesting to you. You will not hurt my feelings if you choose not to read it, and or delete it. Trust me, there will be no “book quiz.” This is not required reading!

The chapters (16 of them) will be sent out two at a time due to file size. Chapter 15 will come alone as it is quite long and hence a large file.

I want take this opportunity to thank you all for your friendship and support over the years. What a life we all had in modeling…

God Bless -Bob Hunt

i am on the last 1/3th opf the Saga. MAN! there´s a saying "You should never meet your heroes", but in the case , i have blindly ignored the advice. The reading is addictive, enlightening and shows a great person love and devotion to his craft. A lot of great advices and lessons and some great stories of competition, overcome and superation. You´re a legend and an asset for control line and for our community. I have learnt a lot from reading your colums on magazines, articles and now from this great book ( have read the previous Caprice as well). Besides a master modeller, a great writer! if you consider a career on novel writing, put me on the list of readers!
all the best from Brazil Bob! and thanks for sharing so much

Offline Jim Rhoades

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2023, 09:17:31 PM »
P M sent

Jim Rhoades

Offline Warren Wagner

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
  • Bradenton, FL
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2023, 10:45:51 AM »
Hi Bob,

My PM sent as well.

Warren Wagner
Warren Wagner
AMA 1385

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2023, 11:28:32 AM »
Bob,

PM sent to you.

Steve

Offline Steve Thompson

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2023, 12:47:15 PM »
I just received the PDF book from Bob.  Wow.  There is a lot of content and pictures there.  It is going to be a good read.

Thank you, Bob, for a wonderful Christmas present!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2023, 03:07:33 PM »
Bobby the old DOC has read the posted book.  You are one terrific writer and it seems you have done really well for yourself.  I sit here now thinking back at one of the VSC's when you were looking at me strangely and the late Rusty Brown asked you if you didn't recognize as I had shaved my beard.   That is the last time I shaved it.  Thanks for a terrific book. D>K H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline John Miller

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2023, 03:09:15 PM »
PM sent
Getting a line on life. AMA 1601

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2023, 05:00:24 PM »
Having a bast listening to the book.  My .pdf reader turns it into a audio book.  It reads it in about 100 languages.  Really cool to listen to it in Japanese or a British accent.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2023, 05:08:18 PM »
pm sent .

WHERE would P. A. be without Bob. How many wing sets ? . then theres the publishing / stunt artiles . A Cornerstone of the Movement , Id say .

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2023, 07:30:58 AM »
Christmas has arrived a day early, just received all the Genesis chapters and really look forward to spending quiet time reading them. Can't wait!

Thanks, Bob for the contribution to all of us and a Merry Christmas to you.

Steve

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2023, 09:14:01 AM »
I am about 1/3 of the way through the book.  It pleases me to be part of a group that shares ideas so freely and competes so vigorously.  We are a very unique group of people.  Each of the parts of our hobby has it's masters.  Designing, building, finishing, flying, competing, but they all have one master in common - Bob.

Merry Christmas - Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2023, 11:56:58 AM »
I am about 1/3 of the way through the book.  It pleases me to be part of a group that shares ideas so freely and competes so vigorously.  We are a very unique group of people.  Each of the parts of our hobby has it's masters.  Designing, building, finishing, flying, competing, but they all have one master in common - Bob.

Merry Christmas - Ken

Check is in the mail, Ken...  ;D

Please don't anyone show Ken's comments to my wife; she's still laughing because someone called me a legend. She keeps me well grounded...

Seriously, thanks to all who have posted about the book here, to those who have sent personal emails, and those who have called me on the phone. It's been quite a bit more than I expected.

I've been working on this thing off and on for about 15 or so years, and, as I wrote in my initial post above, I really had something far more professional in mind. Alas that was not to be. And, I continue to find errors in spelling and punctuation. I fixed a few, but I don't think they are as important as getting my side of the story out before I go. But now, please, let's everyone write down the Stunt story from your own perspective. There are a lot of great stories yet to be told, and a lot of information yet to be dispensed. As I'm fond of saying, let's all take up the loom and fill in the fabric of Stunt's history. It's a project worth doing!

Thanks to all, and to all a very Merry and Blessed Christmas - Bob

PS: Please also don't show Ken's comments to Paul Walker, Bill Werwage, David Fitzgerald, Brett Buck, Howard Rush, and a ton of others who are equally - or more - worthy of that "Master" title. (But I do appreciate the thought, Ken...) - Bob

Offline Steve Berry

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2023, 04:16:44 PM »
...this great book ( have read the previous Caprice as well).

Is it possible to get the Caprice book,too?

Steve

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2023, 05:09:59 PM »
Is it possible to get the Caprice book,too?

Steve

Hi Steve:

The Caprice book (text only) is posted in the Library section here.

Merry Christmas - Bob

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2023, 08:32:26 AM »
Over this past weekend my son, Robby informed me that I had made a mistake in chapter 15 of the Genesis Saga book. In that chapter I was writing about Robby's exploits with his two Europa models, and credited him with a first place finish in the Junior division at the 1990 Nats. It was actually Derek Barry who won that Nats in Junior; Robby placed second. Sorry about that Derek! Robby won Junior at the Nats the following year (1991). He went on to win four Senior titles in a row; three with the Europa design and one (1995) with his Geo-Star.

I'm certain that there are "other" minor mistakes in the book, but not crediting someone correctly who won a Nats title is NOT a minor mistake. Again, sorry for that. I guess I owe Derek a dinner at next year's Nats...  ::) (Is McAlisters okay by you, Derek?)

Later - Bob Hunt   

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2023, 08:59:20 AM »
Well all have mental lapses.  I have even found a couple in the Stunt History book. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2023, 09:18:20 AM »
Hi Steve:

The Caprice book (text only) is posted in the Library section here.

Merry Christmas - Bob
I have backtracked and now reading the Caprice book first.  Just not right to read the sequel before the original!  A lot of things are explained there.  I often wonder how my own life would have changed if I had grown up in a nest of champions.  Aside from the one mentor I had for a year in Fairfax Virginia in the early 60's, I have had to be a "lone wolf" until my 30's when I moved to Dallas in 1974 and was dumped into another nest of champions with Gieseke, Rabe, Mathis, and Pilgrim.  But even then, they were at best supportive but not really mentors.   Bob, you were blessed.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2023, 09:27:23 AM »
I have backtracked and now reading the Caprice book first.  Just not right to read the sequel before the original!  A lot of things are explained there.  I often wonder how my own life would have changed if I had grown up in a nest of champions.  Aside from the one mentor I had for a year in Fairfax Virginia in the early 60's, I have had to be a "lone wolf" until my 30's when I moved to Dallas in 1974 and was dumped into another nest of champions with Gieseke, Rabe, Mathis, and Pilgrim.  But even then, they were at best supportive but not really mentors.   Bob, you were blessed.

Ken

Boy, howdy!  y1 y1 y1 y1

Bob

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2023, 04:28:28 PM »
Well all have mental lapses.  I have even found a couple in the Stunt History book. D>K

Hi Doc:

Yeah, but my little book at 197 pages is just a "caption" when compared to Wynn's masterpiece! I'm proof reading the whole thing for about the tenth time in hopes of fixing anything that may be wrong. I don't think I'll find anything else that is factually wrong, but every time I go through it I find minor spelling and/or punctuation errors, It just sucks to get old. But, hey, my aging friend, I know I'm preaching to the choir in this case... We did have a great time, though, wouldn't you agree?

Old Bob

Offline Windwalker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2023, 12:27:05 AM »
PM sent..

Nick
Nick Gans aka
Windwalker

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2023, 01:30:03 PM »
Bob,

I finally got some time to read your book. I started yesterday and just finished it today. What a GREAT read! I really enjoyed it and I can say that it is a lot more interesting that other books..... I love your sense of humor, very enjoyable!

Thank you, Jerry

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here