News:

• May 12, 2024, 06:16:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Free, cheap home entertainment due to accident.  (Read 483 times)

Offline Ty Marcucci

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Free, cheap home entertainment due to accident.
« on: April 08, 2020, 08:43:36 PM »
 D>K
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 05:42:40 AM by Ty Marcucci »
Ty Marcucci

Online Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
Re: Free, cheap home entertainment due to accident.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 05:23:26 AM »
Film at 2300?
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline WR Crane aka MrClean

• 2018 Supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 07:02:12 AM »
My last house had the valves for the mains in the yard. Wouldn't be a problem but they never fixed them all at once when the seal nuts started leaking.  Of course that wouldn't make sense as they are going to start leaking when you're constantly twisting them.  Had 4 years in 20 that I didn't have the corner dug up.  There's the time I had a 40 foot water fountain on my side yard.  That bought me a new fence line.  I miss the house, could probably still walk through it blind folded.  But my new garden is the size of my complete lot over there and I still have the third with the house on it and the third I have with my control line circle/front yard now.  I mow half the year and fly maybe three times.

The water main is way down by the street and hasn't broken once in 30 years.

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 07:43:23 AM »
Been at this house for a little over three years, have had five, countem, five water main breaks out in front!  They are replacing the water main as I type with all new.  I guess my ownership of lake front property is about to be a thing of the past! S?P
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline John Leidle

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 09:21:19 AM »
  Couple years ago I noticed a wet spot of dirt , grass in my side yard I thought it was because  of a particular downspout. Then came July & a very dry month with the wet spot still there. I dug down * found a pin hole in the water line when I dug it up the water shot 5' in the air .must have been leaking a  good while how much wasted water? Anyway i repaired & all is well.
         John L.

Offline John Park

• Agricola
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 09:05:05 AM »
A while ago, I was mowing my front lawn (with a hand mower - it was a small lawn) when, just at the edge of the pavement (which is our name for the sidewalk), I fell through up to my waist.  It seemed that a leaking water main had gone unnoticed for years and had steadily hollowed-out a sizeable chasm around itself - I was never able to work out where the washed-away subsoil had gone to.  The relevant authorities turned up, fixed the leak (or so they claimed) and dumped enough earth and gravel into the hole to fill it up.  They didn't do a very good job: I moved house shortly afterwards, but returning to visit my old neighbours I found that the lamp-post nearest to my old house had assumed an angle of about thirty degrees off the vertical.  I was glad I'd moved.
You want to make 'em nice, else you get mad lookin' at 'em!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here