General control line discussion > Open Forum

Half-A plastic parts

(1/4) > >>

Dave Nyce:
Hi. I'm teaching a group of kids to build C/L planes. A few years ago, I bought 100 of each of the plastic motor mount and the bell crank shown in the photo. But I haven't been able to find them sold in bulk again. Does anyone know where to get them?  Also, the rubber fuel bulb shown, is out of stock at Cox International.

Steve Berry:
Brodak has one in stock.

https://brodak.com/fuel/pumps/sullivan-bulb-pump-4oz.html

Steve

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Dave Nyce:
Brodak has the larger, red one, in stock, at 4 ounces. I'm looking for the 2 ounce size that is better-suited for the 1/2A engines. (The kids like to copy what I'm using.)

944_Jim:
Mr. Dave,
I'm cheap...painfully cheap!

Last year's trailer and car license plates gave me enough material to make lots of "Cox engine mounts." Simply cut two rectangular plates (roughly 1"x1-1/4") and fold the short edge up to a right angle about 7/16" from the edge. Drill matching holes between the long sides and your fuselage, then hold an engine in place to mark the engine mounting holes. These aluminum plates are light and will last as long as the plane. I can attach a picture later if you need.

Dan McEntee:
  I know I have seen those plastic engine mounts somewhere online recently, and I just can't place it. I think those came with the Estes/Sterling 1/2A kits, maybe? I may have seen them in bulk on eBay.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version