News:

• May 02, 2024, 02:24:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Canadian Invasion - Twins flying in formation over Layton, UT  (Read 1208 times)

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
Canadian Invasion - Twins flying in formation over Layton, UT
« on: September 30, 2018, 11:57:56 PM »
We had an invasion of our sovereign borders by a couple of friendly Canadians this weekend.  Bruce Perry and Ken Bird came to visit Gordan Delaney and the number of stunt twins on parade was much too much...   Or rather, there was the 1962 "Too Much", the 1966 "Two Much", the 1992 Gemini, and Bruce's new "Two Much."

Bruce brought his PA75 Jester and his new twin which is Gordy's 1966 "Two Much" design.  It's a beauty.  Two Aero-Tiger 36 engines pull it along with authority.
Ken brought his PA61 Geo-XL, and his brand new AT36 Caprice.  Very nicely done.  Bruce is carrying the torch for the united twin front.  I hope many of you on the west coast and in Canada get to see and experience these wonderful beasts.

The allure of this twin madness also lured one Uncle Jimby (Jim Aron) up from CA to visit with the visitors from CA(eh).  We watched Bruce, Ken, Gordan and Jim Aron do some great flying.

Enjoy some pictures from this fun weekend. 

Bruce and Gordan (picture borrowed from Bruce)

Gordan, Bruce and Ken.
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Canadian Invasion - Twins flying in formation over Layton, UT
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 11:59:37 PM »
And, video for your viewing pleasure.

Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 08:25:44 AM »
 H^^ H^^ Very nice indeed!  H^^ H^^

Offline gene poremba

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 10:15:45 AM »

Beautiful models!!!!

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 03:35:03 PM »
From my scrap book.  Note the Too much in the back ground.  I think, the profile twin was Mark Fechners, but could be wrong.  First time I saw Gordan's "Too Much" and then heard it, I was blown away.  At this time he had one Fox .35 and one Fox .29 in the model. He changed this later.

Our club, the "Pocatello Glue Angels", got it's name from the 7 senior and 4 juniors in the club.  They were impressed by the Navy Blue Angels and all the glue they were using to build models at the time.  Thus, the name. H^^

Ty,  you're correct.  The profile twin in your picture is Mark Fechner's twin Flite Streak.  Gordan is shown lounging with his Two Much.

I attached your picture for easier viewing.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here