News:

• May 02, 2024, 02:30:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Going to Brodaks? DON'T DO THIS!  (Read 1139 times)

Joejust

• Trade Count: (0)
Going to Brodaks? DON'T DO THIS!
« on: June 03, 2009, 08:50:01 AM »
I can't believe I did this!  After spending a bunch of time getting my new .15t Carrier plane ready to go I did the worst thing I could think of.  The plane was self designed to take apart and be shipable to PA. Early flight attempts worked on some minor problems that i solved. Yesterday I decided to make one more test flight, take the plane apart and get it shipped to Brodaks by weeks end.  The result?  Line caught a weed on take off. the plane did a turn into the circle, lifted and then saved me the take apart chore and shipping costs by exploding on contact.

SO, MY ADVICE.

Don't even think of another test flight on any plane you intend sending or taking to Brodaks!

See you all there. I'll be the old guy with a look that says..." I should have know better!"

Joe Just 

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Going to Brodaks? DON'T DO THIS!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 09:33:44 AM »
Solrry to hear the news Joe.  I beleive this also happened to one of our Stunt Team Members before the last Worlds.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 10:19:11 AM »
Dang,
And I was going to try and fly this afternoon to try and learn the pattern before the contest. Guess I better take out one of my beaters like the SkyRay or Flite Streak.

Guess I will have to fall back to beginner at Brodaks. HB~>
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline ken cook

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 09:08:52 PM »
       Paul, just enter intermediate. I had the same concerns but I felt the best thing to do is just keep trying. I can do all the maneuvers but struggle with the order. I can do it with my son in the circle though. In fact I have to admit, he's pretty good at telling me what to do. I'll let you borrow him. We had some good flying today and I don't think I would've made it happen without him. He's a pretty good size boy and today he was extremely hungry, I told him were not leaving until I complete the pattern. He insisted he was going to starve to death. I got it after the 5th attempt. We were both excited. I just have to do be able to do the same at Brodak's. We'll see ya there. Ken & Shawn

Offline Martin Quartim

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
    • StuntHobby
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 02:56:48 PM »

Last year that happened to me. I destroyed my RingMaster on Tuesday afternoon before traveling to Brodaks. I felt desperate in the beginning but fortunately two friends came to help and by Friday I had a new RingMaster. Saturday I prayed and went flying it again to get the new model trimmed, I did get one scary moment and almost crashed it again. Sunday I flew to Brodaks and participated in OTS, Classic and Profile with it.

Hope you all have as much fun as I did at Brodaks.

Martin

Old Enya's never die, they just run stronger!

https://www.youtube.com/user/martinSOLO

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here