News:

• April 25, 2024, 11:27:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: GENESIS PLANS.  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Claudio Chacon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
GENESIS PLANS.
« on: May 06, 2022, 06:44:02 AM »
Good morning guys!
A friend of mine (he is not a forum member) is looking for the original GENESIS plans in .pdf  or any other vectorial format.

Is there anybody selling them?

Thanks!
Claudio.

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: GENESIS PLANS.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 06:54:53 AM »
There is a pdf on aerofred.
 Not vector format however, so you will have to trace it in cad.
MAAC 8177

Offline Claudio Chacon

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2022, 08:02:57 AM »
There is a pdf on aerofred.
 Not vector format however, so you will have to trace it in cad.

Thanks Pat...although I couldn't find them using the search tool.

I sent a message to Bob Hunt...sure he can help.

Thanks again,
Claudio.

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 08:16:38 AM »
MAAC 8177

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 01:57:32 PM »
 I guess I am old school as i could build it from that small three view. Did many over the years with nothing more than that.
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2022, 05:23:26 PM »
Those Aerofred plans don't look like the 1976 Genesis.  Claudio -- which one exactly are you looking for?

If you can stand to be old school, Flying Models has paper plans for $16.00.  I have no idea how quick their turnaround is these days, though.  https://store.flying-models.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=243
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2022, 05:30:53 PM »
Just looked and Flying Models Plans Service show the plans  under the stunt listing. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2022, 06:46:34 PM »
 It is the original .35 size model. I believe it came about two years before the .46 size model
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2022, 05:03:58 AM »
O wager Bob Hunt has all of the plans for his designs. He can also help you figure which iteration you wish.

Offline Claudio Chacon

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2022, 06:42:37 AM »
Those Aerofred plans don't look like the 1976 Genesis.  Claudio -- which one exactly are you looking for?

If you can stand to be old school, Flying Models has paper plans for $16.00.  I have no idea how quick their turnaround is these days, though.  https://store.flying-models.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=243

Hi Tim,

We are looking for the "GENESIS EXTREME" plans, which I think is the last version of this plane.

I could not get Bob's reply yet...and I see that "Robin's View Productions" is not listed in the vendors corner any more...

Thanks for your input, Tim!

Later,
Claudio.

Offline Claudio Chacon

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2022, 06:49:30 AM »
I guess I am old school as i could build it from that small three view. Did many over the years with nothing more than that.
Ed

I am too! (I'm 65 now...) I used to draft my own plans...but in this case
I'm not building the Genesis...a handle pal from other province will..I'm just trrying to get the plan set for him.

Claudio.

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2022, 07:30:03 AM »
Hi Claudio:

I tried to send you a PM, but for some reason I'm blocked now from doing that. Perhaps just a system glitch...?

Anyhow, I do have the plans for the Genesis Extreme. Try to send me a PM and then we can communicate further (hopefully).

Thanks - Bob Hunt

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2022, 07:41:59 AM »
Hi Claudio:

I tried to send you a PM, but for some reason I'm blocked now from doing that. Perhaps just a system glitch...?

Anyhow, I do have the plans for the Genesis Extreme. Try to send me a PM and then we can communicate further (hopefully).

Thanks - Bob Hunt

If glitches persist, I can relay any messages. I show  that I can message both of you.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Claudio Chacon

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2022, 08:50:26 AM »
Hi Claudio:

Thanks - Bob Hunt

Hi Bob!
Great! Please, try with this address for sending me a PM:

claudiocch@gmail.com

"See" you soon!
Thanks a lot,
Claudio.

Offline Claudio Chacon

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2022, 03:45:19 PM »
Thanks guys for your help!

Bob PM'ed me...I'm in touch with him now!

Regards,  H^^
Claudio.

Offline Mike Ferguson

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2022, 06:40:07 PM »

Pretty quick! I ordered plans from them at the beginning of the week and had them in hand on Friday.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2022, 08:13:26 PM »
If its ' not on paper ' his Next Plane used the same wings - swept flap line ) etc . So THEY ARE on paper ! ! ( if ive got this right )
So it is still straightforward Do Able . Ask him about that , if youre stuck .

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2022, 05:11:21 AM »
Claudio has the Genesis Extreme plans now.

Just for clarification, the Genesis is/was more of an aesthetic than an actual airplane design. There have been at least nine different sets of "numbers" onto which the Genesis aesthetic has been stretched. I think of an airplane as a "mannequin" of numbers. Just like a mannequin in a store window onto which different clothing can be draped to achieve a certain appearance, a model can also be looked at as a sort of mannequin. You can drape that mannequin of numbers with a WWII fighter look, a jet look, a racer look, etc.

Genesis 1 through 7 had straight trailing edge wings (no forward taper). The 1980 Genesis had 1 7/16-inch per panel sweep forward. Years later I took that particular mannequin of numbers and added a fin to create the first Crossfire. Even the modern Crossfire designs have had the swept forward hinge line, although the nose and tail lengths have been played with a bit. I have a brand new Genesis that has the same wing as the 1980 ship, but with an inline motor and wing. I like the way the swept forward hinge line wing works in the wind, so I've pretty much settled on using that feature from now on in my designs. I have reduced the amount of forward sweep from 1 7/16-inch to 3/4 to 1-inch of late.

The Genesis Extreme was an experiment to try much smaller than normal flaps, and it featured a straight hinge line. It was built in 2001, and is still flying great and is one of my all time favorites. I just might try that basic wing design with a bit of forward sweep just to see if it gets even better...

Now that I'm retired, I have a lot of time to design, build, and write. I'm working a bit everyday on my Genesis Saga book, which chronicles all the Genesis variants, and the adventures had flying them all over the world when I was younger. I'l certainly announce here when that book is finished and available. It is currently close to 100,000 words in length!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here