General control line discussion > Open Forum

FW 190 Number 2

(1/12) > >>

JHildreth:
I intended to post this in the long running "what did you do is the shop today", but I couldn't find it.

I have been doing some more work on my FW 190 number 2.  Here are some pictures of recent progress on the cockpit.

Joe

Edit:  Most of the details are now permanent on the three panels, but the panels are still in the trial fit stage.  If I remember how I did the first FW, I installed the cockpit floor,  mounted the mail panel in the fuse and then installed the sides and top shells.  The side panels and seat details will go in after the top shells are added.

frank williams:
Very nice Joe .... really the most difficult part of any great plane ....

. ..... I haven't found any pre-made plastic kits of cockpit interior kits that are suitable for our models .... anyone know of any?

John Lindberg:
Looks great!  #^ <=

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: frank williams on August 06, 2022, 12:59:40 PM ---Very nice Joe .... really the most difficult part of any great plane ....

. ..... I haven't found any pre-made plastic kits of cockpit interior kits that are suitable for our models .... anyone know of any?

--- End quote ---
Legend Hobby has a bunch of interior kits but they may be too large.

wwwarbird:

--- Quote from: JHildreth on August 05, 2022, 09:09:06 PM ---I intended to post this in the long running "what did you do is the shop today", but I couldn't find it.

--- End quote ---

A separate project thread is MUCH better anyway, much easier for interested parties to find and follow. There have been many great projects that are now essentially lost and buried forever in that gargantuan thread. IMO the "Building Techniques" section is the best place for posting build threads and related information, just makes sense. Thanks for sharing this new project and keep us posted on the progress!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version