News:

• May 14, 2024, 06:53:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: o rings for os remote nva  (Read 750 times)

Offline bruce grosser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
o rings for os remote nva
« on: September 01, 2011, 11:02:29 PM »
Besides tower hobbies, does anyone know where to get these little critters? I have tried the search feature but can not get it to work,probably me. I know a lot of people are down on these things but I have my la 46 [correction "had"] running beautifully using one. I really don't want to change to a front mount and go through that process again. Someone, somewhere mentioned using the correct size fuel tubing to make these o rings. I've been to every area auto parts place and close ,but no cigar. I try to support my lhs [80+ mi.] as much as posssible due to the fact that  he and his wife have gone way out of thier way for me. Being a small operation his minimums are substantial.     bruce grosser

Offline Dick Pacini

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: o rings for os remote nva
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 11:36:28 PM »
McMaster-Carr has a Viton O-Ring that is the correct size.  1.5 mm wall X 2.5mm ID.  Tower says the OD is 6mm, but their numbers don't add up.  McMaster has silicone rings, but not in that size.  The Viton looks like it can do everything silicone can.  A package of 25 for under 4 bucks is a good deal.

Metric O-Rings

Viton® fluoroelastomer is used in applications requiring chemical and oil resistance. Temperature range is -40° to +400° F. Durometer hardness is A75. Meets ASTM D2000/SAE J200. Color is black.

Viton® Fluoroelastomer
ID,
mm    Pkg.
Qty.       Per
Pkg.
1.5 mm Wide
2.5   25   9263K563   $3.53
AMA 62221

Once, twice, three times a lady.  Four times and she does it for a living.  "You want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall."

Offline David M Johnson

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 07:37:38 AM »
Ace HW sells metric o-rings
David Johnson
We're havin some fun now!!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 08:27:52 AM »
Almost any good auto supply should have them.  But, I like Ace Hardware for most of my stuff. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here