News:

• April 24, 2024, 07:46:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fuel Tank For Ringmaster Jr. With Fox .15x  (Read 733 times)

Offline Chancey Chorney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Fuel Tank For Ringmaster Jr. With Fox .15x
« on: April 24, 2019, 06:58:17 PM »
Hi there. I just finished painting my Ringmaster Jr. and am waiting for clear to dry. That is when I realized I need a fuel tank for it. I have a small (approximately 1 oz wedge tank) sitting here that I was going to try and put back on my .09 powered platter. I was wanting to use a regular plastic tank on it, but have to buy one. For those that have either flown a Ringmaster Jr. or used a Fox .15x, what size tank would you recommend? Also, how would one best plumb the tank. The engine will be flown without any muffler. This is my biggest plane to date to attempt to fly, and just plan on going round and round with a few wingovers. It will just be for standard fun flying occasionally. ANy help and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Fuel Tank For Ringmaster Jr. With Fox .15x
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 08:32:03 PM »
I used a 1.25 or 1.33 oz tank with 5% Blue Blazer back in the late '50's, but that was the steel fin version of the Fox .15. I assume you mean the slant plug, baffled piston type? I'd probably want to run 10% or 15% nitro these days. Uniflow would be best if you use a tin tank. If you use a plastic clunk tank, I'd think it'd be too small to rig a true uniflow....unless you plug into the side or end of the tank, which is actually very possible to do.  H^^ Steve 
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Chancey Chorney

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 09:33:00 PM »
Thanks Steve. As I do not have a metal wedge tank here on hand, I was leaning to using a plastic tank. Would there be any problems using just a standard two line set-up? If so, I am also thinking of a balloon tank. Easy to make and no fuss.

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 06:03:21 AM »
I have a .15x on a Sterling Bearcat.  The tank I chose was a uniflow type, as they do not go lean in the second half of the flight as badly as more simply plumbed styles.  Runs fine.

Link:

http://brodak.com/oval-profile-uniflow-fuel-tank-2.html

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 06:04:20 AM »
The plane

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here