News:

• March 28, 2024, 06:14:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: T-34 Plans from Don Hutchinson  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
T-34 Plans from Don Hutchinson
« on: April 10, 2013, 09:38:22 PM »
I recieved my plans for the profile semi-scale T-34 from Don Hutchinson today.
It's going to make a terriffic model.  It'll be a few months before I can actually start on it because of so many other projects currently in works...I have to finish the Collossus first.

I have started to collect the wood and hardware together however, so there will be no excuses.
I don't build many profiles but this one will be a worthwhile project.  Looks perfect for one of my RO Jett 40's.
This one should be a real show stopper if done right...profile or not.

I'm sure someone else will beat me to the finished model when they see the plans but my guess is there's going to be several of these built.

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline dale gleason

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
Re: T-34 Plans from Don Hutchinson
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 11:26:54 AM »
I own a couple of sets of Don Hutchinson- drawn plans for Warbird type planes. I consider them works of art, done by a Master. He draws them them the "old-fashioned" way, no CAD stuff, just pen, pencil, ruler, and French curves. When he designs something a little different, like the articulated flaps on the Corsair, he builds a working mockup to insure the design works. if it is on the plans, he knows it works.

Even if you don't use them to construct a plane with, you'll be glad you got them....I sure am.

dg 

Offline Steve Kocher

• Commander
Re: T-34 Plans from Don Hutchinson
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 11:24:47 AM »
Dale,

I agree with you 100%.  I have a complete set of the Warbird plan series.  They are a work of art.  I plan to have them reduced and framed to decorate my office at work, if I ever get out of my cube and into a real office.

I received my T-34 plans on Wednesday, as well (Don -- the check is in the mail).  They are just as beautiful as the rest of the series.

Steve.
Steve Kocher
AMA 388654

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here