News:

• March 29, 2024, 09:26:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Franklin Mint Diecast Model Planes (collectibles)  (Read 889 times)

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Franklin Mint Diecast Model Planes (collectibles)
« on: February 04, 2021, 10:20:17 AM »
If there is anyone who has a knowledge of Franklin Mint Diecast Model Planes, would you please contact me by private message.  There is a collection I wish to sell.

Thank you
Mike Griffin

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Franklin Mint Diecast Model Planes (collectibles)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 08:48:30 AM »
If there is anyone who has a knowledge of Franklin Mint Diecast Model Planes, would you please contact me by private message.  There is a collection I wish to sell.

Thank you
Mike Griffin

Mike,

As you well know, the Franklin Mint Diecast Model Aircraft, are not your normal diecast "production" offerings.

You have some really nice stuff and the Franklin Mint products are costly. Very high end.

Ebay is probably your only hopes to find a qualified collector with serious interest. My guess.

I've always admired them.

Good luck.

CB

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 10:07:50 AM »
Thank you for the response Charles.  I dont care for Ebay but you are probably right.

Mike

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 10:18:43 PM »
If a model is still for sale from the Franklin Mint you have the models value.  If it is no longer in production I would start with what you paid for it.  For instance the Dakota DC-3  is still available at $1,211.99 + shipping.  So I would not pay more than that for one.  Collectable value is tricky.  It's hard to make money on most collectables.  Selling on eBay is a way out but remember eBay/PayPal takes a big chuck out of the selling price. They also charge the purchaser sales tax. Just like the used market in model airplanes. If you can get 1/2 of what it's worth you have done good.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 11:13:28 AM »
One did sell, FYI.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here