General control line discussion > Open Forum

Fox 36X ABC piston/liner/rod/pin sets

(1/25) > >>

Brian Gardner:
OK Guys,

In the thread about McCoy 35 ABC sets a number of people expressed interest in ABC piston/liner/rod/pin sets for the Fox 36X.

I took name and put them on a list. We appear to have enough numbers to make this fly.

In order to progress this we need a discussion on which Mk is required/most popular and what parts are interchangeable between the different versions. Loop scavenged or schnurle etc?

Once we come to a consensus I will need a loan of a good condition example engine to get measurements from.

So open to you guys now....please discuss.

Brian

Andrew Hathaway:
I'd be interested in parts for the standard 36X.  I'd expect the parts would fit both the needle bearing and ball bearing version.  When you get into the bald head 36X MKI and later engines the internals are different as they're schnuerle ported. 

Garf:
I would be interested in a set for the 1st. model 36X with the single needle bearing. I think it also fits the .36 sport with the slant plug and plain bearing.

Tom Luciano:
I'll be looking for the BB version from 65-73. This will work in the needle bearing version as well. I was told by someone very familiar with the engine that the only difference is the relief in the liner for the bearing. I believe this to be the one most will be seeking. I'm no expert and I'm sure someone with more expertise then me, will chime in. This is the version I will be seeking. As mentioned I will take 4 sets.

Fox 36x BB fitted for combat

Thanks,
Tom

RandySmith:

--- Quote from: Brian Gardner on March 26, 2014, 01:42:30 AM ---OK Guys,

In the thread about McCoy 35 ABC sets a number of people expressed interest in ABC piston/liner/rod/pin sets for the Fox 36X.

I took name and put them on a list. We appear to have enough numbers to make this fly.

In order to progress this we need a discussion on which Mk is required/most popular and what parts are interchangeable between the different versions. Loop scavenged or schnurle etc?

Once we come to a consensus I will need a loan of a good condition example engine to get measurements from.

So open to you guys now....please discuss.

Brian

--- End quote ---

Hi Brian
ALL of the  FOX 36X engines  were single bypass cross flow engines with baffles, there were NO Loop Charged ones (Dr Schnurle designed loop Charging) So they will all need baffles on them,
Should be a big increase in the life of the OLD Fox 36X  with your ABC setups.
Are you making these with pins and rods ?

Regards
Randy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version