News:

• March 28, 2024, 06:02:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fox 35"The Black Engine."  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Chris Wilson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Fox 35"The Black Engine."
« on: March 29, 2021, 03:22:05 PM »

Anyone seen the above?
MAAA AUS 73427

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
 Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.  It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Fox 35"The Black Engine."
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 03:46:15 PM »
First time I have seen this video.  I think had already left this world when the Black FOX 35 Stunt came on the scene.  Betty and John came to a Topeka contest to show it off and take orders.  I am not a collector and didn't order one.   Have never seen one in the air that I know of.   It was a beautiful engine with all the gold attributes.  Yes, Duke always had a smile on his face when he asked what engine and fuel you were running.  He gave my son a signed cloth patch of the FOX emblem/logo. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 07:08:52 PM »
              I fly one of them. I took it out of the box and installed a Brian Gardner piston liner in it. It's a terrific running Fox .35. I just recently watched one on EBAY sell for $527.33. Someone really has to like it for that kinda of money.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 10:48:55 PM »
    I don't think there was anything that was really that special about them from what I have heard. Just spray painted black and some gold anodized hardware. Did you notice anything about the color on yours, Kenneth??
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Chris Wilson

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 12:29:44 AM »
Just noticed this!
"Not intended as a working engine."

That kinda puts it in the 'special' catagory.
MAAA AUS 73427

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
 Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.  It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required

Online kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 03:12:41 AM »
                 The black finish is more like powder coat then paint. The black finish on mine is still intact and it's not wiping off but I can see the heat is affecting it near the head.  The gold plating isn't really keeping it's lustre as it's dulling a bit. In terms of fit and finish, it's a FOX. There was nothing that was any different to it.

I can't recall who sold them but they were Fox .35's powder coated in red or blue with gold anodized parts. These also had a FOX ABC piston liner in them.  The tongue muffler was gold and the hemi  head was gold. I just recently saw a red one sell on EBAY last month. The head and tongue muffler were from RSM. The head was the same head used on the L&J Fox's.  I have a blue one in which the powder coating is showing signs of discoloration and fuel staining.

I need to figure out how to send pic on here as it never works for me. I always receive a message instructing me that the size needs to be reformatted.

Offline Chris Wilson

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 04:09:30 AM »
                 The black finish is more like powder coat then paint. The black finish on mine is still intact and it's not wiping off but I can see the heat is affecting it near the head.  The gold plating isn't really keeping it's lustre as it's dulling a bit. In terms of fit and finish, it's a FOX. There was nothing that was any different to it.

I can't recall who sold them but they were Fox .35's powder coated in red or blue with gold anodized parts. These also had a FOX ABC piston liner in them.  The tongue muffler was gold and the hemi  head was gold. I just recently saw a red one sell on EBAY last month. The head and tongue muffler were from RSM. The head was the same head used on the L&J Fox's.  I have a blue one in which the powder coating is showing signs of discoloration and fuel staining.

I need to figure out how to send pic on here as it never works for me. I always receive a message instructing me that the size needs to be reformatted.
Ken, you need to not exceed 1000kb.
For example, you can crop to that limit or loose resolution
At the moment you are trying to down load images that contain too much information.
Formatting really is not the issue here - regard format as a language like French or German and most computers easily understand many of them.

Chris.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 02:26:19 PM by Chris Wilson »
MAAA AUS 73427

Offline Elwyn Aud

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Inferalandings Photo Page
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 12:15:15 PM »
Here's the red Fox 35

Offline RogerGreene

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 01:22:18 PM »
If the file is a jpg you have MicroSoft Paint you can reduce it.
Fly Stunt <><
AMA 435R
USAF Veteran 1962-66 SAC
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it. FAA #FA3RFLPAN7

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here