News:

• May 01, 2024, 09:28:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Your Favorite Forum POLL  (Read 2637 times)

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Your Favorite Forum POLL
« on: April 05, 2006, 03:51:23 PM »
Ok heres the question. Which forum do you read mostly? ???

I see people think this forum does not get much play. I watch all the major ones and keep stats.

Here is the  Ultra site stats

Currently it is Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:32 AM (GMT -4)
There are a total of 15,396 posts in 1,577 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 13 new threads and 67 reply posts. View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 413 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Jay.
8 Guest(s), 2 Registered Member(s)

Here is Stunt hanger stats

Monthly Summary    New Topics    New Posts    New Members    Most Online    Hits
 April 2006                36               321            11                   35               16005
 March 2006              170             1278           72                  102              93470
 February 2006          239             1073           265                 76                87360

These were taken at the same time and same day. I conceed that SSW gets more action as it has been around a lot longer and has a core membership. This site has been here two months to the day. Trust me at this rate we will expand into the biggest site on the web. Have fun enjoy each other tips and tricks. Life is too short.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 09:10:03 PM by Robert Storick »
AMA 12366

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Your Favorite Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 03:54:20 PM »

DUH! Stunthanger of course.
Frank Carlisle

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Your Favorite Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 04:25:40 PM »
Now Robert I see some have checked the other sites.  But, for me it is a toss up between StuntHangar and Onlycontroline.  Ultra Hobbies I have sworn off of.  SSW when I need to kill time.  Keep up the good work.  DOC Holliday

PS: I did check Stunthangar.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Tom Dugan

• Commander
Re: Your Favorite Forum POLL
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 08:06:31 PM »
Currently I read Stunt Hanger, SSW, Ultra, Only CL, and Bartons.  I read anything I find interesting and that I feel is informative.  There is so much talent spread amongst the forums that I feel I must read all I can to learn.

I can honestly say that the Stunt Hanger has been very impressive to me for the following reasons:

1.  Little if any bickering and politics.

2.  The Forum owner is taking the time to share his knowledge and expertice by conducting a Building Class.  The other sites have not done this.

3.  I had only been registered on this forum for 2 days when Bill Little contacted me and offered his assistance (we live about 25 miles apart).  And, when I told him I didnt have a plane yet he offered one of his.

These reasons indicate to me what the focus of this Forum really is...sharing and learning.  No one from any other site has contacted me to offer anything.  I have made other friends here too.  Leester and I are the same age and he lives in my hometown.  He has offered me a great deal of advice and I consider him a friend.  I hope to meet him the next time I visit my family in IL.

Yeah...this is a great forum.  You're doing here what the others seem to only talk about and I thank you all for it.

Thomas

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 08:16:07 PM »
There are three kinds of people in life. People who wish it would happen, People who make it happen and then of coarse people who wounder what has happened. I care not to miss the boat. So if I can help and it is with in my power I will. I have not been feeling to well lately so I have not been working in my shop much but when I do I will.
AMA 12366

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 08:30:52 PM »
FLY NAVY!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 08:56:26 PM by Robert Storick »
AMA 12366

Offline airbrush

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 09:10:30 PM »
I read this one first, and ssw seconed, time permitting. I know there may be "politics" on some of the other forums, but I still find a lot of good information on them.
This one is my favorite though.
Thanks fot the heads up about OnlyCL, now I'll be checkin' it out too! *<]8)
airbrush
(james)

Offline Joey Mathison 9806

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 09:37:05 PM »
for me it's clspeed fourm. then stunt hanger.
200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 05:14:04 AM »
I think the each of the forums has a different "slant"........and that each administrator has different ideas about how / what should appear..........which is good.
This is America and we're allowed to hold those concepts.....
Keep up the good work and THANKS!

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 07:50:56 AM »
Currently I read Stunt Hanger, SSW, Ultra, Only CL, and Bartons.  I read anything I find interesting and that I feel is informative.  There is so much talent spread amongst the forums that I feel I must read all I can to learn.

I can honestly say that the Stunt Hanger has been very impressive to me for the following reasons:

1.  Little if any bickering and politics.

2.  The Forum owner is taking the time to share his knowledge and expertice by conducting a Building Class.  The other sites have not done this.

3.  I had only been registered on this forum for 2 days when Bill Little contacted me and offered his assistance (we live about 25 miles apart).  And, when I told him I didnt have a plane yet he offered one of his.

These reasons indicate to me what the focus of this Forum really is...sharing and learning.  No one from any other site has contacted me to offer anything.  I have made other friends here too.  Leester and I are the same age and he lives in my hometown.  He has offered me a great deal of advice and I consider him a friend.  I hope to meet him the next time I visit my family in IL.

Yeah...this is a great forum.  You're doing here what the others seem to only talk about and I thank you all for it.
Thomas

Thanks, Thomas, and I really meant it about borrowing one of my planes.  If you have to have a mishap, it's no biggie.  To me, I have a couple that are "disposable" just for this purpose.  I can rebuild them in very little time and they always fly well.

Flying alone, is just that...... flying alone.  I need to be around others who enjoy this hobby to have fun.

I also have a great big glass building table that a couple guys come over to build on.  Of course we might have to move some small stuff off it to use it!  ;D

How about this weekend if the weather is good?
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Ironbomb

• AMA Member
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 11:07:14 AM »
Sparky, I really hate to make a post like this, but I seriously goofed when I voted. I checked the wrong forum :-[

I thought I had my arrow on STUNT HANGAR when I voted, but I actually hit Ultra Hobby. I'm a baaad boy. Can you fix it to reflect my original intention.  My vote should have been for Stunt Hangar. Man, do I feel dumb. :-[

I posted this message so if/when UHP goes from 3votes down  to 2 votes, everyone will know why.

DOH!!!

Greg

Beating the crap out of the ground, one airplane at a time

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 04:59:53 PM »
I can't change it but it's OK. We are ahead by a long way anyway!
AMA 12366

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 06:13:50 PM »
March had  93470 and Feb had 87360  So it grew in March even though people were at the VSC.

AMA 12366

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 08:26:32 PM »
yeah, my wife's aunt let me use her computor to keep up to date on things.  Later,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 05:02:02 PM »
It seems to me that if you put the poll on SSW or UHP, or Only CL, you might get a different result! FWIW.

I usually check SSW, Stunt Hanger and Delphi Speed Forum in that order. Possibly after checking a few bass fishing sites, maybe prior to checking them. Depends on whether I feel like flyin' or fishin'.

I like Robert's site and enthusiasm, the general format and having experts supervising various subjects. Tho, sometimes it could be difficult to decide which place to put a subject. I'm less than excited about having to buy a T-shirt to get the full deluxe deal, tho. My $.02, Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Jerry Bohn

• ACE
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 06:19:41 PM »
My favorite used to be Stuka for 11 years, since yours started and now seems to have taken off, I find myself checking posts on Stunt first, then Stuka second if Iv'e the time. There is some repitition and still diffrent good info on Stuka, but the tide seems to be changing
Seems to be more focused here, on the subject at hand, C/L planes, engines, flying, not so much gobbldigook like, where is my Stunt News.

Thanks and Congrats, Jerry
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 08:34:05 AM by highflyinguy »
Jerry Bohn

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 10:10:27 PM »
It seems to me that if you put the poll on SSW or UHP, or Only CL, you might get a different result! FWIW.

I usually check SSW, Stunt Hanger and Delphi Speed Forum in that order. Possibly after checking a few bass fishing sites, maybe prior to checking them. Depends on whether I feel like flyin' or fishin'.

I like Robert's site and enthusiasm, the general format and having experts supervising various subjects. Tho, sometimes it could be difficult to decide which place to put a subject. I'm less than excited about having to buy a T-shirt to get the full deluxe deal, tho. My $.02, Steve

Hi Steve,

I understand what you're saying about the "full deluxe deal" and T-shirt, but I know that Sparky was just trying an incentive  to raise funds to offset the cost of start-up  Like it would have been to others of the  "poor working folk class" which I, too am a member,, the cost out of his pocket was considerable.  He's just a working stiff who loves stunt but doesn't have bottom less pockets.  I know he is still "in the hole" on this, and I hope it doesn't cause us to lost this forum.

To me, it is one of the very few non-political, non-clique, forums on the net.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2006, 05:55:16 PM »
I have no intentions of turning this thing off now. I have created a monster! LOL When the time comes for renewal in a year or so I will call on all to help. When it comes time to call it quits I will turn it over to someone else so it will  live on.
AMA 12366

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2006, 06:08:31 PM »
Robert  Stunthanger has become my favorite model aircraft forum. I have been posting on Stuka almost from there start.It was getting so anything I said was bringing out there big guys to put me down.I never got involved in the big Brodak controversy but there are a lot of mean people over there.Thanks for setting this site up.
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here