News:

• March 28, 2024, 09:10:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Forgive me for this.....  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Forgive me for this.....
« on: February 05, 2018, 07:26:53 AM »
Congrats to our Super Bowl Champions Philadelphia Eagles.....Finally they did it!

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Forgive me for this.....
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:33:47 AM »
I knew Buddy Ryan was the right choice!

Offline Jim Mynes

• Commander
  • Chelsea, ME
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 08:47:42 AM »
My choice, Green Bay, was out of the running early this year.
My second favorite team, whoever is playing against the Patriots, came through for me!
I guess the city of Philadelphia is a shambles this morning. If the cops would lump a few heads that stuff might not happen so often.
I have seen the light, and it’s powered by a lipo.

Online don boka

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 08:52:14 AM »
Pretty good considering the "Other team" was a 4 1/2 point favorite!
Lot of money changed hands on this win!!
Don Boka.

Offline Vincent Judd

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 09:08:33 AM »
After so many close calls and disappointments over the years, yes, they finally did it.  And the funny part is, they did it with a team that was not supposed to even make the playoffs, let alone win the big one.  And to do it with a back up quarterback?

I moved to the Philly area in 1973, so I've been waiting for this one for what, 45 years?

Excellent game, one of the best that I can remember in a long time.  It honestly came down to the very last play.  New England has a great team, you can never rule them out, I was so glad to see the clock finally go to zero.

The Eagles are a selfless, well coached bunch of guys.  No superstars, everyone contributed to the win.  After years of doom and gloom, the future looks very bright.

Go Eagles.

Offline Warren Wagner

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
  • Bradenton, FL
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 09:45:28 AM »
OMG....the Superbowl....that was THIS weekend.   Whew...missed it.   We were watching a program
on PBS !!!!   Not much of a football fan, I guess. !!??

Just kidding.....we did watch the game, and the score stayed close enough to make it exciting.

Cheers.

Warren Wagner
Warren Wagner
AMA 1385

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 10:01:24 AM »
To all my die hard Eagle Boosters: I remember seeing Chuck Bednarick wearing #60 playing in Franklin Field at the U of P back in the late 40's and early 50's when he graduated and moved on the the Eagles I was still a fan! He played 60 min. of the game! He was also helped by the likes of Steve Van Buren Pete Phios Sony Jurgenson, and other Eagle greats! Wow what a Win! Pretty Boy just ran out of luck and magic in the face of committed guts by average guys! This was better than Broad Street Bullies of 75/76 although that was sweet too!

Phil Spillman
Phil Spillman

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 10:50:33 AM »
First time the wife has set and watched a game of football with that didn't include the Chumps(Chiefs).  I kept waiting for that miracle play of the Patriots and for a change it didn't happen.   Way to go Eagles and may they have more success.  I didn't remember the QB was a Chiefs player at one time.   #^ #^ #^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 12:39:19 PM »
I am a long time Cowboys fan.  It is akin to treason to root for the Eagles down here but how can you not like these Eagles.  So....."How bout them Eagles!"
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 12:49:45 PM »
 I am one of the "Any one playing New England" guys...personally a west cost team fan...Mostly Raiders   but also like Green bay

I was very concerned that Brady actually had time to pull it out...talented guy who has done it so many times in the past

First time in a long time that I actually jumped out of my chair when the patriots choked and the clock ran down to Zero

Exciting game ...no commercials to remember...a lot worth forgetting...half time show was terrible...IMO

I dearly miss all the very well done Budweiser ads of the past... despite being a  Import German beer only guy
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Chad Hill

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 02:29:40 PM »
I applaud the players for not kneeling during the National Anthem and disgracing themselves in front of the nation and the attending Medal of Honor recipients. However, I refused to watch the game and have boycotted all NFL events this year. I realize politics are a no-no in this forum but decided it should be mentioned since the sports event became a thread topic.

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 03:26:49 PM »
Thanks all for your comments.

Jim,the city is not in shambles, tens of thousands of fans took to the streets to celebrate this long overdue ,well deserved win. Only 3 people were arrested for "whatever" out of  these humongous crowds. On Thursday maybe 3 million people are expected to watch our victory parade.

The media just loves to show the negative conduct of just a few, instead of focusing on the wonderful celebration of the multitude. I'm surprised they didn't bring up the snow balls at Santa incident from like 30 years ago I'm very proud of our city,our fans and now our Super Bowl Champions......PhillySkip

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 04:44:40 PM »
While I didn't care much who won, I think it is a good thing that the Eagles did it. Some of the ads were quite good, but a lot were just typical crap. A lot of Super Bowls have been tragic disappointments, with terribly lopsided scores.  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 05:30:06 PM »
I agree with Chad !! The NFL (Not For Long) is worthless and has lost me as a fan with all of there antics !!! Spoiled rich #^&*#@% SOB's I hope it goes broke !!!
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 06:47:16 PM »
No comment necessary.

Offline Chad Hill

• Commander
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 09:29:43 PM »
No comment necessary for this one either:

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 10:57:09 PM »
Well, what can a Vikings fan say ...

I love, love, love football, more so college & high school actually.  Loved playing, loved coaching.

I've said for many years "Too many NFL coaches play to NOT LOSE".  And the old adage, "Defense wins Championships" is generally pretty true.

So THIS game was a real treat!  Fantastic play calling, often fantastic execution.  And going for the end zone on 4th down? - My hat's off to the Philly coaching staff!  They played to WIN!  A real man's football is aggressive, give 110%, smash-mouth and emotional.   :)

Though I'm personally not big on the in-your-face chatter.  Love it when a running back knocks over a few would-be tacklers, scores a touchdown, then calmly hands the ball to an official as if to say, "Well, that's what we're here to do".  I've never seen chatter score a single point in a football game.

:):):)
Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 02:35:30 PM »
Dennis before the Eagles left for the big game the coach said to the Philly media "we're not going to Minneapolis to play in the Super Bowl ,we're going there to WIN the Super Bowl. His gutsy play call on 4th and goal proved his point. I'm hoping that the Eagles will be real good for a long long time.....we've suffered enough thru the years!

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 07:49:55 PM »
Dennis before the Eagles left for the big game the coach said to the Philly media "we're not going to Minneapolis to play in the Super Bowl ,we're going there to WIN the Super Bowl. His gutsy play call on 4th and goal proved his point. I'm hoping that the Eagles will be real good for a long long time.....we've suffered enough thru the years!

I LOVE it, Skip!  My kinda guy!

Forgive me for telling a story ... many years ago my oldest son - an outstanding wrestler - took on the opposing coach's son in a high school match.  He got a couple of bad calls early, then got put on his back briefly and fell several points behind.  Bad news in a 6-minute match, but he worked hard and tied the score with about 30 seconds remaining.

No luck turning his opponent, so with about 15 seconds to go he let the opponent up, falling 1 point behind.  And then scored a 2-point takedown just before the buzzer.  No kidding, the entire crowd rose in applause, both schools.

When later asked why he would give up that point with 15 seconds left, his simple answer was "I didn't go there to TIE!"  My kinda guy!  (Yeah, I know where he learned it.)

I think many football coaches - even some of the best - forget how emotional the game is.  Doug Pederson seems to be the kind of coach players might walk through hell for.

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here