News:

• March 28, 2024, 01:23:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: For those of you who also fly RC  (Read 710 times)

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
For those of you who also fly RC
« on: February 06, 2018, 09:06:26 AM »
Eric Rule of RSM and I have received some requests from friends of ours who also fly RC fixed wing models regarding kits and we need some input from you all.  I have posted the subject matter and questions in my GRIFFINS MODEL SERVICE in Vendors Corner because I do not want to take up space on the main forum since this is a CL stunt forum.  Please click the link below and it will take you directly to the post.  Thank you very much for your help.

https://stunthanger.com/smf/griffin's-model-service/possible-out-of-production-traditional-rc-kits-from-the-60s-and-70s/new/#new

MIke

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: For those of you who also fly RC
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 11:22:41 AM »
Mike,

I know there's a bunch of guys interested in the pattern ships I used to fly back in the 80's and 90's.

They Post on RCU, probably a good place to get feedback on interest.

Thing is, most of these models had fiberglass fuselages and foam wings. Big at that time.

As for other R/C interest, it's all at RCU and other RC Forums.

Not a bad idea doing the old kits, but most guys fly ARF's.

Those CL guys interested in scale would likely be good candidates for the no longer made scale kits. A guess.

The Aristocraft kits were great. Don't know if you have to track down anyone to get the OK to make them?

I have two of the Grumman F3F Aristocraft kits. I have the plans someplace and I believe I have all the parts drawn as templates also.

Good luck.

CB

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline 11290

• Lieutenant
Re: For those of you who also fly RC
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 05:37:51 PM »
While not R/C, I would love to see some of the old Kyosho, Aristo-Craft, Eureka "scale"C/L kits reproduced.   #^ #^
Evansville, IN & Orlando, FL

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here