News:

• April 25, 2024, 10:24:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flying Lines Site,,,  (Read 2192 times)

John Leidle

• Trade Count: (0)
Flying Lines Site,,,
« on: March 16, 2016, 11:54:04 PM »
   Am I the only one not able to open Flying Lines up?
    John

Online Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Flying Lines Site,,,
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 12:20:39 AM »
John,
Apparently, yes. I just opened it and Mike Potter's carrier plane is the front page highlight.

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 12:46:00 AM »
Hi John,

I just tried and it would not open for me either. I'm using Windows Explorer on my desktop pc. I also tried on my Nokia Lumia phone and no luck either, so I guess that something is not working.

Keith R
Keith R

Offline George Grossardt

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 05:05:02 AM »
Works fine for me from my iPad.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 09:04:56 AM »
John:

Works for me, now.  Sometimes the Internet forgets what's out there (the technical term to start searching on is "domain name service"), then figures it out again.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 12:08:25 PM »
Remember it is   flyinglines.org   .
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 03:32:07 PM »
I went to my bookmark, and it (www.flyinglines.org)  wouldn't open. Probably should blame it on Billy Gates and his band of rascals, at least until someone else comes along to take the fall.  VD~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 03:37:12 PM »
Steve-o.
I just tried it and it came right up......me thinks you're right.

Squirrel.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 05:34:28 PM »
Ok. I just cricked (sic) on the link in my post above, and FL opened almost instantly. I'm thinkin' that it was John Thompson or his crew of leprechauns working on the website, since JT works night shift at the newspaper. I'm not sure how real websites do it, but when I did the NW Skyraider's website (shockingly small number of kilobytes for about 5 pages of content), doing the FTP would make the change pretty much instantaneous, complete with any errors. Doing the corrections (from proof reading, imagine that!), was equally impressive.

I expect FL is a relatively large number of kb's, and the updating would take awhile. Or maybe there's an update to the software with some extra bells (or whistles) for some software engineer's perceived improvement (keep changing it until it doesn't work).   :o  Steve

PS: Mike Potter's Seafire sure looks close to that tree. NO CL model airplane has ever hit a tree at Delta Park. According to some.  ;)
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

John Leidle

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 01:31:19 AM »
   It's open now , thanks

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here