News:

• April 25, 2024, 10:05:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flights logged  (Read 833 times)

Offline Gary Dowler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Flights logged
« on: April 08, 2019, 05:53:09 PM »
Got out very briefly today, but everything worked. The rain held off just long enough to dry things out from this morning, and not start again until after I was home.
Only took one plane, a "New to me, hand me down" Ringmaster that I was given last year. A little rehabilitation and it was good to go. Best engine option I had for it was a Fox 25, which ran well. Thoug the NV was touchy.  Had difficulty getting it to riches up properly, and it ran a bit lean, and lap times showed it.
With a Top Flite 9-6 (10% fuel) laps were 4.8 sec. With a TF 10-5 it was even faster at 4.5 sec.
control was good, though I simply have to get an adjustable handle. 5" spacing is just too quick.  It flew well, looped good, and inverted was good as well.  I was a little bit hesitant though. 
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Flights logged
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 07:43:11 PM »
Well we both did good today.   I loaded up the wagon thinking the so called gran daughter didn't have to work.   Took 4 planes.  Started with my Profile Stuka by John Mowry.  The Brodak 25 was cantankerous.   Got half a pattern in.  The it was the Flite Streak,  that McCoy gave me problems.  Ran great on the bench and even hot started.  But not today.  I did get one flight on it any way.   Then I flew the dependable Mig,  Last was the Combat Streak.  This McCoy ran like it was supposed to.   finally cleaned every thing up and headed home.  Now how do I convince a grandchild I'm not responsible for her having a car. 

Ignore the rant as I got cussed out when I got home. >:(
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 08:13:05 PM »
Glad you got to fly!
I think most of us will agree that 4.8 sec laps with a ringmaster is right on the money.

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 09:41:24 PM »
Glad you got to fly!
I think most of us will agree that 4.8 sec laps with a ringmaster is right on the money.
Yes, 4.8 is not bad. It was deffinately faster, and more line tension, with the 10-5. Just need to address the fuel setting. It just would not respond well to setting changes. At one point I turned it 3 full turns , each way, with no perceptible change in the engine.  Lines were 60'  .015".

Gary

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 10:24:16 AM »
Are you sing a tach to check engine changes?   ???
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 07:33:19 PM »
Are you sing a tach to check engine changes?   ???
I routinely use a tach, but I hadn't checked mine before heading out and found my battery was dead.

Gary

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here