News:

• April 16, 2024, 11:51:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flight Streak ARF  (Read 587 times)

Offline Gary Dowler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Flight Streak ARF
« on: September 08, 2018, 01:09:24 PM »
Bought one.  Got my OS 20FP to power it.

What mods, if any, would you suggest for this before I assemble it?  Only thing I am looking at right now is to go to a two wheel landing gear.

Gary
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline Mark Mc

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Flight Streak ARF
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 03:42:19 PM »
1 5/8"!!!  That's the balance point you want on the wing.  Ignore the instructions that say balance it around 3" something.  I've had two ARF Flite Streaks, and at 1 5/8" they glide beautifully when the engine dies.  One of the best pieces of advice I've gotten on this forum is the 1 5/8" balance point for that ARF.

Mark

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 03:50:26 PM »
I put new lead outs on mine. Also, put brass tubing through the fuselage where the engine mount bolt go. Put a fair lead on the pushrod.

Motorman 8)
I was also going to suggest change leadouts as well... maybe even do a suspended bellcrank..... maybe even CF pushrod

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 05:18:21 PM »
   The biggest draw back to the Flite Streak ARF is the mushy, substandard fuselage. Before you do anything, trace the kit fuselage on a large piece of paper or chip board so you will have a pattern available later if you need it. Then do the tube insert thing for the engine mounts, in addition to some aluminum pads under the engine to help spread the load. The landing gear is the usual 1/8" tube through the fuselage. Insert a piece of hard wood cross grain at this location and epoxy it in well. Drill that for a 3/16" tube and glue that in. Insert a 5/32" tube inside of that and you have a nice solid landing gear mount for 1/8" music wire. Or you could make a set of 3/32 or 1/8" aluminum sheet metal gear. Draw it out on a piece of paper full size to figure out the shape and lengths. Make a chip board version to check out the fit and mark where the bends go, then make the sheet metal pieces. Alll easy to do, just take your time and be accurate. After a few crashes the original fuselage may be toast and you can make a new one from your pattern and do most of the same things, but this one should last longer. And as mentioned, use a fair lead on the push rod on it. It's a good flying airplane with the balance as mentioned also. Mine is mostly bone stock, but I think I did bush the bell crank for the cable leadouts.
   Good luck and have fiun,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here