News:

• April 24, 2024, 02:34:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flight Box weekend project  (Read 509 times)

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Flight Box weekend project
« on: April 14, 2019, 08:40:49 PM »
I don't spend much time on eBay. When I do go there its usually look for something specific. However, this flight box caught my eye last week and it was being offered for sale from a shop that's only about 40 min from me. Now I never in my life had a "real" flight box. I've always made do with a little tackle or tool box with maybe one of those little smal parts organizers thrown in it. It worked, but it was lame at the same time.
This box was being offered at $75 but I offered them $40 and they took it. At first I thought it was a SIG box, but it only has two drawers. After I picked it up, I realized it was a home build. Probably patterned after some other commercially available one. It's built pretty decent. Not the prettiest but still solid. It had one side designed for a removable flight line box with a power panel. I don't need that so I removed it and made that side fit a fuel can. The other side was obviously for a gallon fuel jug, but now it's probably going to be paper towels/rags/cleaners.
Painted it bright so I'd be less likely to accidentally leave it in the field. Plus I like yellow.

Ironically, I found this when I clicked the eBay link in the "flight streak for sale" thread. So Avaiojet ended up helping me in a weird sort of way. Damn.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 11:39:50 PM by Clint Ormosen »
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Flight Box weekend project
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 11:32:28 AM »
Nice.  Show us again when you have it loaded.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here