News:

• March 29, 2024, 09:42:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flew Today  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Phil Coopy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • SHADE TREE MECHANIC, NO ENGINEER
Flew Today
« on: August 14, 2012, 05:36:15 PM »
I flew for the first time  in a long time today.  I have been having trouble with my neck and had to quit.  It felt good and no neck problems tonight.  Actually considering the long break I took, I flew pretty good. Naybe I'll be able to get back to some contests now.  Here's hoping........

Phil

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Re: Flew Today
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 06:31:24 PM »
Good news Phil.
Memphis is next month. Hint hint.  ;D
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Online ray copeland

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 06:48:15 PM »
That's great Phil!!!  Don't forget Huntersville in October.
Ray from Greensboro, North Carolina , six laps inverted so far with my hand held vertically!!! (forgot to mention, none level!) AMA# 902150

Eric Viglione

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 08:33:54 PM »
Great news Phil, we've missed you! And I'll throw in my shameless pitch, don't forget us in Tampa Bay on November 3&4 !

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 12:28:48 PM »
The Dick Scobee Memorial is this weekend at (of all places!) Scobee Field, Auburn, Washington. If you start now, you should be here in time for Profile and the BBQ, but will probably miss OTS and Classic. PAMPA skill classes on Sunday, of course.  LL~ Steve

PS: Good news about your neck. Mine got better also. I think retirement caused recovery! 
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Phil Coopy

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 03:06:25 PM »
Gee thanks Steve.............

Phil

Offline Chucky

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 03:34:57 PM »
As an Orlando area attendee of Lake Wales Ridge Barnstormers C/L fun flies, it's nice to see you back in action Phil.
Chuck Winget

Offline Phil Coopy

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »
Chucky,

I'd like to start the Thanksgiving weekend fly-in again but we are at a new field now and I have only one circle prepared (and it shares the RC runway).  But with some work I think I can manage two circles on occasion.  It's hard to motivate the club for this coming November because we have an RC warbird fly-in scheduled for November 10th. I am the only C/L flyer at present and I do most of my flying at the airport tie down pad. Maybe I can get them to let me hold an event there.  There is a ban on RC there but C/L is OK.

Phil

Offline Bill Heher

• Fix-it
  • 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
  • I may not always BOM- but I do the re-builds!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 09:28:15 PM »
Good to hear you're back on the circle. Did the break from flying give you a chance to catch up on your building?
I was just looking through a flash drive for a drawing / schematic I need at work, and there vwere about a dozen pics of you and me, and a bunch of Central FL guys at the King Orange a couple years ago. I attached one to let it keep the flame going.
Bill Heher
Central Florida and across the USA!
If it's broke Fix-it
If it ain't broke- let me see it for a minute AMA 264898- since 1988!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here