News:

• April 23, 2024, 09:27:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Finally a bit of color  (Read 541 times)

Online Miotch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Finally a bit of color
« on: March 30, 2023, 07:37:16 AM »
Sprayed the first bit of color this morning, starting with the removable upper cowling.  Of course, it shows a few imperfections I hadn't noticed.  But if I'd known it would have turned out this good when I first started to draw this project out with a pencil and paper, I would have been happy.  Bottom of the cowling, followed by the top wing are up next.  But I probably have a week's worth of prep work on the wing before it's ready for paint.  The white is Duplicolor which will later be clear coated with something fuel resistant.  This little step may not be much to many of you, but it is HUGE to me.  I am just the sort of person that needs to see progress once in a while or I get frustrated.  Certainly not perfect, but it still may be the best thing I've ever done, flaws and all.  Certainly the best engineering I've ever done.  This is an interference fit and might stay on without any bolts (but I'm not risking that).

Online Joe Gilbert

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
Re: Finally a bit of color
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 08:41:18 AM »
Looking good Mitch, dad would be proud!
Joe Gilbert

Online Miotch

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 11:24:24 AM »
Looking good Mitch, dad would be proud!
Can’t wait to video it with you at the handle, when it either flies or ends in a spectacular crash.  I’m shooting for around June 10th, which is the 20 anniversary of dad’s death.

Online Joe Gilbert

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 02:17:08 PM »
Doesn’t seam that long ago looking forward to it and will honored.
Joe Gilbert

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here