News:

• May 03, 2024, 10:58:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Toledo Show this Weekend  (Read 2760 times)

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Toledo Show this Weekend
« on: April 02, 2014, 04:08:14 AM »
Anyone going to Toledo this weekend?  I'll be helping out in the Brodak booth Friday and Saturday.  Stop by and say hi!  #^
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Bill Mohrbacher

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
Re: Toledo Show this Weekend
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 05:46:18 AM »
I'll be there in the MECA booth with other MECA members and lots of neat old engines.

Offline Airacobra

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 07:02:09 AM »
I will be there on Friday.
Keith Bryant

Offline Steve Hines

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 07:27:10 AM »
Samantha, my brother Kevin and myself will be there Friday. Then off to Tony P. to eat I will be glad when Sam can drive, then I can nap after eating to much.

Steve

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 07:47:43 AM »
Have never made it to Tony Packo's, maybe this time? 
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Bob Hudak

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 11:09:42 AM »
I'll be there on Friday. Gotta stop by Brodaks booth to register for the Fly In.
Bob

Offline SteveMoon

• 2013 Supporter
  • Captain
    • www.ultrahobbyproducts.com
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 11:54:37 AM »
I'm planning on going on Saturday.

Steve

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 01:31:39 PM »
I'll be by to see you Saturday Denny
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 08:19:46 PM »
Roger Wildman, Will Hinton and I will be there Fri.. We will he at the NASA both at noon till ?
Blessings
Allen

Offline Steve Hines

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 12:46:59 AM »
Dennis we always go to the old one, but there is a new one right by the show. It is something that Kevin and I have done for over 20 years. I think they have great food.

Steve

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 09:44:36 AM »
Like Allen said - stop by the NASA booth and see us between noon and whatever.  Or, wait at the Brodak booth and see us when we visit there.  (Chuckle.)
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 06:00:55 PM »
Kept busy in the booth, saw a lot of the gang but did not get to do much more than a high five.  We were all hopping pretty good.  Lots of interest in control line, LOTS of interest in the electric stuff this year.  Pete Klepsic of Carmichaels brought his new fun scale model of "Dusty" from the Disney-Pixar(?) cartoon "Planes" from last summer.  If there was a peoples choice champion Pete would have won it in a landslide...
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 07:42:34 PM »
How was the Show? What new stuff did you see and get? Was the Swap Meet any good this year? I am now too far away to get up there but really enjoyed it when we lived in western Pennsylvania!
Phil Spillman

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 09:42:19 AM »
How was the Show? What new stuff did you see and get? Was the Swap Meet any good this year? I am now too far away to get up there but really enjoyed it when we lived in western Pennsylvania!

Hi Phil
I heard the Swap meet was pretty good, but of course that changes from day to day.  People who found something say it was "good" those who didn't say otherwise!  Usually Saturday morning is the best time for the Swap SHop stuff;  I finally snuck upstairs late in the day Saturday and it seemed pretty much picked over.

I only shopped around for a few things - found some  PermaGrip sanders.  I also got a set of those new hinge slot cutters, the ones you rock back & forth to nibble out the hinge slot.  They worked good in the display booth, hope to try them on the new Q-ship build this weekend.

I have been helping out in the Brodak booth for the past few years - it seemed busier then past years to the point that it was hard to just chat with the folks who were coming by to say HI.

Amazing how much interest there (still) is in Ringmasters.  We sold several kits, John had the first ARF sample there and I brought the electric prototype too.

Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

Offline Bob Hudak

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 10:22:17 AM »
The show was better this year than last year. ThunderPower was giving away free lipo batteries, I scored at the swap meet on new APC 9*4 props only a buck apiece. Also gave Dennis a hand converting another controliner to electric(not hard to do).

Offline Samantha Hines

• New Pilot
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 08:52:45 PM »
This was "dusty" it was so beautiful. Had a great time got to reunite with some friends and got to go to tony packos with Jeff traxler and his pop. Had a great time wish there was more :)

Offline Bill Mohrbacher

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 08:26:34 AM »
Two AMA HALL of FAME members (Also MECA members) were at the MECA Collecto Friday night; Jean Pailet and Larry Scarinzi.

I had some international stunt engines in my case at the MECA booth.  Center row l -r 1948 Fox Stunt 35 (the FIRST one), 2011 Fox 35 Super Stunt.  Top row - Australian Glo Chiel 29, Brazilian Sassi 35, English Frog 500 5cc, French Micron 5cc, Japanese OS 30s and ENYA 6001 45 Bushing, Russian Poljot 5.6 cc, Fox 59 Stunt (Larry Scarinzi's Blue Angel), Fox Stunt 60.

I also had several multi cylinder engines including the WOHM 3 cylinder diesels.  You can read more about them on MECA's website  www.modelenginecollectors.org

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here